Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gameplay-wise they should obviously be very different, although I think I preferred the design aesthetic and casting for Spider-Man than I do Avengers.
    Spidermans cast threw me off at first. I'm guessing they modeled after the voice actors rather then traditional comic appearances. But it didn't take long for me to accept the new looks and not notice them anymore. Hopefully the same happens with the Avengers game. Cause yea the designs are a bit different. I keep thinking Bruce is Tony for a second. But yea I get it by modeling after real faces it makes for a more realistic look. But yea some the faces... gonna take some getting use to. Weird uncanny valley thing where they look similar to what we expect the characters to look like but still a bit off

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I know everyone wants to try and compare this to Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4 but it just doesn't work. Spider-Man was a single player story driven experience. It would be like trying to compare The Last of Us with Destiny. Just two completely different types of games.
    That's a fair point, and you're right; it is unfair to compare them on a 1-1 kind of scale.

I mean, I'm not really expecting Avengers to play like Spider-Man, but I'm hoping Avengers manages to be as...immersive? accurate? as Spidey was. Insomniac did a fantastic job capturing Parker and his world; I "felt" like Spidey swinging and fighting through NYC. Avengers is gonna be a different kind of game and experience, but when I put the controller down I'm hoping to have had that same "I really was Thor/Tony/Banner/etc" sensation. If that makes any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gameplay-wise they should obviously be very different, although I think I preferred the design aesthetic and casting for Spider-Man than I do Avengers.
    I definitely don't think the costumes and designs in Avengers are as good as what we got with Spidey, but Avengers isn't giving us the best stuff out of the gate either; the good costumes are gonna be things we're gonna have to work and/or pay for and (hopefully) haven't seen yet. But I agree; so far the cosmetics and aesthetics I've seen for Avengers aren't as quality as what Spidey did.

I haven't seen much from the locations but the video of the fight on the helicarrier looked pretty straight up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

We're getting another war table on the 29th
    https://twitter.com/squareenix/statu...978120194?s=21

I see a lot of people complaining about this game, most because Kamala Khan plays a central role. I know little to nothing about the character and I'm not even a huge Avengers fan, but the game still seems like it'll be fun to me. The way I see it, this game is kinda like the first X-Men Legends where Magma(an even more obscure character) played a central role. I'm also pretty sure Black Panther will be the first unlockable or dlc character. I know most feel he should've been in at the start, but hey... that's the reality of most video games these. Mf's greedy.

I'm curious how they'll balance characters for the multiplayer. Not an issue for the solo missions, but how do you put Black Widow in a co-op fist fight and make her feel as effective as Thor, without making Thor look weak or Widow look too strong?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm curious how they'll balance characters for the multiplayer. Not an issue for the solo missions, but how do you put Black Widow in a co-op fist fight and make her feel as effective as Thor, without making Thor look weak or Widow look too strong?
    Games have been doing this for decades. You are just going to have to suspend belief

Yeah, I know that. I mean *how* will they balance it? Give Widow a lot of quick combos that do little damage per hit but add up to a lot while Thor gets slower attacks that deal more damage? I meant "how will they balance it" from a technical standpoint, not a "how could this even be done?" sorta way.

~ Black Panther.

Very much looking forward to today's stream as I am dying to know who will be the 1st DLC character. Really hoping for Black Panther or Hawkeye.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Very much looking forward to today's stream as I am dying to know who will be the 1st DLC character. Really hoping for Black Panther or Hawkeye.
    Your wish is granted.

Hawkeye is the first DLC character and he will have his own story thread that can be played in co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Your wish is granted.

Hawkeye is the first DLC character and he will have his own story thread that can be played in co-op.
    Just finished watching the stream and was definitely excited to see Clint. Can't wait for some Hawkeye gameplay.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Looks like they've added Taskmaster's cape.

I'm glad Clint is being added so quickly. I felt kinda bad for the dude (even though he's not real). He's the only OG MCU Avenger without a solo film, the only Avenger not included in this game at launch...it's almost like people aren't sure what to do with a powerless archer in a world full of gods and aliens, mutants and Inhumans.

~ Black Panther.

I'm glad Clint is being added so quickly. I felt kinda bad for the dude (even though he's not real). He's the only OG MCU Avenger without a solo film, the only Avenger not included in this game at launch...it's almost like people aren't sure what to do with a powerless archer in a world full of gods and aliens, mutants and Inhumans.
    He's also probably got my least favorite design next to Cap and maybe Thor.

Pretty nice teaser trailer though.

yet they still had BW so I dont think him being an archer mattered.