Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not any different from how CD Project Red has been handling Cyberpunk.
    Cyber punk had its game-play reveal last year though
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I think it looks really promising. I'm not crazy about the design/voice for Captain America but the brief moments of gameplay shown in the trailer are really exciting. Tony, Thor, Hulk, Cap, and Black Widow all look pretty distinctly different from each other to play which will add to the team-based aspect of working with friends and everyone having their own role. The issue I think is they don't look distinct enough as their own versions of these characters for this game so it doesn't really feel like they stand out so it makes everyone draw immediate comparisons to the most well-known versions of them, the MCU ones.

Hearing confirmation that there will be more heroes and regions added to the game and that all that will be free is big. There are so many tone deaf and out of touch devs these days that I'm surprised that part of this game isn't getting more praise.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's hard to praise when most people don't know what kind of game they're getting. Having character and regions be free means there will be a compromise. Is it going to have a bunch of MTX attached? Will there be pay to win elements?

Extraordinary Member

No Hawkeye, but a cameo from Hank Pym (dressed in a version of his Scientific Adventurer gear) make me certain he (and others) will show up eventually.

Near as I can tell the game play looks like a cross between the Ultimate Alliance games and Destiny.

Should be interesting.

I can't be the only one mad that Hawkeye got snubbed.
    Yes you are. He sucks

Not feeling the MCU inspired roster which makes this look so dated. This is how you promote an Avengers game from 10 years ago, but not today. I know more will be added but that reveal just made it underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes you are. He sucks

Not feeling the MCU inspired roster which makes this look so dated. This is how you promote an Avengers game from 10 years ago, but not today. I know more will be added but that reveal just made it underwhelming
    A-Day would have never happened if Clint was there.

That roster is what the mainstream public recognizes the Avengers to be. I can't call it outdated until the MCU actually moves on from that line-up.

I wonder what villains will you get to face. what type of drones, what type of B-level bosses, what major villains?
    also there should be rescue missions not based on combat. some puzzles to solve, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder what villains will you get to face. what type of drones, what type of B-level bosses, what major villains?
    also there should be rescue missions not based on combat. some puzzles to solve, etc.
    The trailer showed Taskmaster and Abomination. It was nice to see them show up. Makes me hope we get the Masters of Evil.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

This video perfectly highlights my concerns about what Marvel’s Avengers actually will be when it arrives next year.

I would be very hesitant about pre ordering it just yet until we know for certain. No one wants an Anthem clone for the Avengers.

A-Day would have never happened if Clint was there.

That roster is what the mainstream public recognizes the Avengers to be. I can't call it outdated until the MCU actually moves on from that line-up.
    This isnt based on the MCU and doesnt need synergy with it in order to sell. Even the MCU has moved on from this lineup so havent it strictly be based off the team from 10 years ago minus Hawkeye does feel dated.

This isnt based on the MCU and doesnt need synergy with it in order to sell. Even the MCU has moved on from this lineup so havent it strictly be based off the team from 10 years ago minus Hawkeye does feel dated.
    Yet it using the MCU team and people being upset about Hawkeye exclusion is part of the negative reception of the trailer. The lineup is still fresh in people minds so outdated it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

I would be very hesitant about pre ordering it just yet until we know for certain. No one wants an Anthem clone for the Avengers.
    No one wants an Anthem clone for anything.

A constantly evolving game can and has been done and done well (Warframe, Path of Exile), but it depends on how dedicated the studio is to it.

Larger studios seem more likely to drop a game if it doesn't immediately set the world on fire.

Yet it using the MCU team and people being upset about Hawkeye exclusion is part of the negative reception of the trailer. The lineup is still fresh in people minds so outdated it is not.
    LOL....exactly my point. It using the MCU lineup from 10 YEARS ago is why its getting a negative reception. Had it included the 5 same characters yet thrown more recent additions like Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Scarlet Witch, the lineup would have felt more fresh

It's hard to praise when most people don't know what kind of game they're getting. Having character and regions be free means there will be a compromise. Is it going to have a bunch of MTX attached? Will there be pay to win elements?
    They said no pay to win or Lootboxes. But I'm sure they're will be MTX for skins and cosmetics.

LOL....exactly my point. It using the MCU lineup from 10 YEARS ago is why its getting a negative reception. Had it included the 5 same characters yet thrown more recent additions like Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Scarlet Witch, the lineup would have felt more fresh
    No it's not. The negative reception is due to how terrible they look. The look of the costumes and character models are not flattering at all. They all seem like stunt doubles than the actual heroes.