Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

I watched Jim's video last night and the ridiculous microtransactions along with things like individual battle passes, seriously, has kinda killed my hype for the game. An associate of mine has preordered it so I might try it at their house but the game doesn't seem like a priority buy right now.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

At this stage I am playing it for the story and campaign and likely won’t be bothering with the multiplayer. I am not going to go out of my way to unlock everything and just play it casually, because honestly playing it like Square wants me and everyone else to is liable to tick me off.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/31/21...awkeye-ant-man

Speculation here about Klaw and Wakanda being added to the game plus an event in late 2020 adding Captain Marvel as a character and the Kree Empire as a new threat. There’s another war table tomorrow so I suspect we’ll find out if this is true then. Also ‘Echo Fighters’ with new characters who play like other ones and allow for multiplayer to include similar style characters.

Went to the store today to see the game on sale already. Shame I had it pre-ordered already.
    Despite the generally negative tone surrounding the game (for good reason) I'm looking forward to playing the campaign if nothing else.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Went to the store today to see the game on sale already. Shame I had it pre-ordered already.
    Despite the generally negative tone surrounding the game (for good reason) I'm looking forward to playing the campaign if nothing else.
    The game isnt even out yet. Unless you preordered it on the digital stores, you can still price match it at most retailers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The game isnt even out yet. Unless you preordered it on the digital stores, you can still price match it at most retailers
    Doesn't stop a place from breaking street date. I could probably get it right now on PS4 from a place I know if copies are already out in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Doesn't stop a place from breaking street date. I could probably get it right now on PS4 from a place I know if copies are already out in the wild.
    Thats not my point and a game doesnt have to have its release date broken for it to be on sale as advertisements are released on the Sunday or week before a game comes out. Retailers will vary depending on the length of their price match window but most will match a lower price that is available on release, which this price that he found would qualify for. Considering he preordered, he could just cancel that and buy it at the store he found the better price at unless he did so digitally.

Pre-ordered it digitally. But the physical store version I saw cost a bit more iirc.
    Don't matter, I can wait a couple of days. I just felt a bit trolled seeing them out in the wild 5 days ahead of a release I pre-ordered.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Pre-ordered it digitally. But the physical store version I saw cost a bit more iirc.
    Don't matter, I can wait a couple of days. I just felt a bit trolled seeing them out in the wild 5 days ahead of a release I pre-ordered.
    oh got ya. So your conundrum is that its physically on sale, not that it is on sale (discount)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Wouldn't streamers already be given copies of the game to play and get ready before street date anyhow ? I know a lot of big launched games have companies had the influencers big money to play the game before the date of release.

If the game drops below $20 bucks maybe I'll pick it up over the winter. Maybe....its gonna have to be a price I feel comfortable paying because no way am I paying $60 launch price for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If the game drops below $20 bucks maybe I'll pick it up over the winter. Maybe....its gonna have to be a price I feel comfortable paying because no way am I paying $60 launch price for it.
    The game will have to bomb pretty hard for it to be $20 by Winter. You expect this to become Anthem?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The game will have to bomb pretty hard for it to be $20 by Winter. You expect this to become Anthem?
    Maybe...lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It'll likely be at least $30 on Black Friday. MAYBE $25

It'll likely be at least $30 on Black Friday. MAYBE $25
    Most major retailers aren't doing Black Friday this year due to the Pandemic. They claim to be breaking down the deals over the span of a number of weeks, but I highly doubt you'll see the traditional type of Black Friday deals this year.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Most major retailers aren't doing Black Friday this year due to the Pandemic. They claim to be breaking down the deals over the span of a number of weeks, but I highly doubt you'll see the traditional type of Black Friday deals this year.
    Where did you get that from?