Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

The faces do look off. They should either go for a slightly more stylized look or use actual face models. The kinda-but-not-really MCU look they're going for isn't doing them any favors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    The faces do look off. They should either go for a slightly more stylized look or use actual face models. The kinda-but-not-really MCU look they're going for isn't doing them any favors.
    I figure actual face models are out of the question because MCU Actor's likenesses=$$$$$$.

So it looks like they put Uncharted characters in Avengers costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No it's not. The negative reception is due to how terrible they look. The look of the costumes and character models are not flattering at all. They all seem like stunt doubles than the actual heroes.
    Maybe not to you but Ive seen plenty of negative reception to the announce roster across multiple boards and critics across the net

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m not sold yet but they’ve peaked my interest.

Will have to wait until the game play reveal before I decide where I stand.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They said no pay to win or Lootboxes. But I'm sure they're will be MTX for skins and cosmetics.
    Which will immediately get a lot of angry feedback since people will immediately ask why Spider-Man can have dozens of costumes for nothing and this can’t. Also how many characters can really suit dozens of costumes? Iron Man sure, but I debate how much they could vary Hulk for example.

If there’s legitimate DLC at reasonable prices that are one time purchases, that’s okay. It’s if they try to involve some stupid crystals nonsense like on mobiles that we should be worried, alongside the feeling that they launch with a half done game and it only feels complete after a year, rather than starting with a great package and expanding on it with solo missions or mini campaigns for specific characters to go alongside the larger storylines. Hank Pym being in basically confirms Ultron will turn up st some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m not sold yet but they’ve peaked my interest.

Will have to wait until the game play reveal before I decide where I stand.
    Given I assume any gameplay on display at E3 will likely be from the prologue setup in San Francisco I would be careful not to assume the main game would be as story driven or not forcing multiplayer. Wait until we’ve seen stuff from the core game to make our mind up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Game Informer wrote an article detailing the gameplay demo that the developers have behind closed doors. He noted that the press didn't get to play but a presenter did.

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2019...u-need-to-know

I have to admit reading that interview quelled some of my concerns with the game - clearly they have a way to go but if missions work as they say and we can honestly play virtually everything by ourselves if we want to AND we don’t feel obligated to spend money on costumes or something else they try to sneak in later, this could be a really fun game. I just hope they don’t push paying for gear or other non essential materials by making customisations a grind otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I figure actual face models are out of the question because MCU Actor's likenesses=$$$$$$.
    They don't necessarily have to be the actual MCU actors. But if they want to go with a realistic look, it might help if they had something to work with because whatever they're doing now isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Which will immediately get a lot of angry feedback since people will immediately ask why Spider-Man can have dozens of costumes for nothing and this can’t. Also how many characters can really suit dozens of costumes? Iron Man sure, but I debate how much they could vary Hulk for example.

If there’s legitimate DLC at reasonable prices that are one time purchases, that’s okay. It’s if they try to involve some stupid crystals nonsense like on mobiles that we should be worried, alongside the feeling that they launch with a half done game and it only feels complete after a year, rather than starting with a great package and expanding on it with solo missions or mini campaigns for specific characters to go alongside the larger storylines. Hank Pym being in basically confirms Ultron will turn up st some point.
    Well if they launch with half a game atleast all the DLCs will be free.

Well if they launch with half a game atleast all the DLCs will be free.
    they didnt say all the DLC will be free

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they didnt say all the DLC will be free
    All the expansions to the story and chatacter rosters. Anything u need to actually play the game.

iMan 42s

This is such an odd event.

It's more frustrating that it seems we can't get anything besides a write-up at risk of hyperbole regarding how it plays rather than just seeing it. All this really tells me is that they didn't feel confident in their product. The article gives me a bit of hope, but without seeing it for myself I don't know what I'm paying for. That's hard to justify outright. I want to be wrong and this turns out great but this is not the way to make a big reveal with a year from launch.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's San Diego comic-con and Gamescom in August. Hopefully we can get some gameplay in those events. I doubt we get anymore from E3.

All the expansions to the story and chatacter rosters. Anything u need to actually play the game.
    My concerns about this is that they have to fund that content somewhere, which increases the chances that it would be through aggressive pushing of cosmetic purchases and gear that doesn’t impact gameplay, not to mention risking the new storylines not having good budgets because of such a disliked revenue. It might be better if Marvel’s Avengers did like what Assassins Creed Odyssey has been doing for DLC - having smaller missions and content added for free but having two or three big campaigns split up into three segments each over two years that players buy, which means better budgets and a revenue source people would be happy with because it’s new significant story content. Better than aggressively pushing fifty different looks for Iron Man people will get tired quickly of and so see it quietly shut down after a year or worse, having some crowbar PVP or Battle Royale mode forced in to grab the Fortnite crowd.