Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I'm finding the campaign to be pretty enjoyable in spite of the bugs. I think the writing and voice acting in the game are really strong and all 6 Avengers are pitch perfect. I actually prefer the game's versions of Thor and Banner to their MCU counterparts, and Nolan North's Iron Man is a delight (which shocked me because I didn't care for his delivery of lines in some of the trailers, but he won me over big time in the campaign). Kamala is perfect, of course. The Disney Plus version has a lot to live up to.

I also commend the game for taking MODOK completely seriously and never turning to wink at the camera. This is the most I have ever seen his human alter ego focused on and they give George Tarelton a pretty well defined, evil personality. His voice actor kills it.

While the gameplay isn't super deep and the missions and enemies are repetitive, it is still real fun to play. All 6 heroes feel very different from each other and they bring a very unique flavor to the proceedings. I think Thor is my favorite by far. So, lots to like.

However, one weird thing with the story, why does it feel so much like an X Men game? The Inhuman slit is pretty good, but it's such a bizarre choice to essentially transplant the core themes and ideas (all the stuff with AIM robots hunting down superhumans felt so DoFP to me) of the X Men into an Avengers game? The Avengers are usually more about politics and the complexities of celebrity culture than they are about racism. Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it makes me scratch my head.

Overall, I'm having fun with the game. I'm on board for future story driven DLC and any sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    I'm finding the campaign to be pretty enjoyable in spite of the bugs. I think the writing and voice acting in the game are really strong and all 6 Avengers are pitch perfect. I actually prefer the game's versions of Thor and Banner to their MCU counterparts, and Nolan North's Iron Man is a delight (which shocked me because I didn't care for his delivery of lines in some of the trailers, but he won me over big time in the campaign). Kamala is perfect, of course. The Disney Plus version has a lot to live up to.

I also commend the game for taking MODOK completely seriously and never turning to wink at the camera. This is the most I have ever seen his human alter ego focused on and they give George Tarelton a pretty well defined, evil personality. His voice actor kills it.

While the gameplay isn't super deep and the missions and enemies are repetitive, it is still real fun to play. All 6 heroes feel very different from each other and they bring a very unique flavor to the proceedings. I think Thor is my favorite by far. So, lots to like.

However, one weird thing with the story, why does it feel so much like an X Men game? The Inhuman slit is pretty good, but it's such a bizarre choice to essentially transplant the core themes and ideas (all the stuff with AIM robots hunting down superhumans felt so DoFP to me) of the X Men into an Avengers game? The Avengers are usually more about politics and the complexities of celebrity culture than they are about racism. Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it makes me scratch my head.

Overall, I'm having fun with the game. I'm on board for future story driven DLC and any sequels.
    The game might have to deal with racism but its more anti Superhero then anti Inhuman. I mean MODOK has a very clear reason for doing what he's doing. You don't have to agree with him but by the time you see all the information, you see why he feels that way. But it has nothing to do with Racsim In the more traditional sense and is more about Superheroes cauing more problems then they solve. Monica is more evil then MODOK but she's driven by science not racsim. I dont wanna say anything specific. But a pivotal part of this game is the Avengers caused the inhumans and loss of SF. That doesnt work with Mutants, but yea any story with the Inhumans that doesnt involve the royal family feels like a Xmen knock off to me. Also the final boss battle will look like something out of a Xmen story. You will know what I'm talking about when you see it.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-08-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Finding this is moving really slow. Can't just jump into multiplayer a lot of walking around finding things...I mean it's fun when the action starts but I'd prefer a lot less down time.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Finding this is moving really slow. Can't just jump into multiplayer a lot of walking around finding things...I mean it's fun when the action starts but I'd prefer a lot less down time.
    You can skip the campaign and just into mutiplayer endgame stuff. But outside of the beginning I don't remember alot of running around finding stuff. Iono maybe I was just wrapped up in the story. Anyway at the main menu pick avengers initiative instead of Campaign and you can just jump into the multi-player stuff

Anyone know what costumes you get for each character at level 50? I know Thor gets King thor upon reaching level 50, the brown one. I assume Hulk gets one of the Joe fix it palette swaps but iono havent gotten any other characters high level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyone know what costumes you get for each character at level 50? I know Thor gets King thor upon reaching level 50, the brown one. I assume Hulk gets one of the Joe fix it palette swaps but iono havent gotten any other characters high level yet.
    Actually nevermind I think the ones I'm thinking are from the challenge. Not max level. I don't remember now. I'll have to look again.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Does anyone else REALLY hate the Vaults? They’re made to be virtually impossible to complete in single player I swear...

Extraordinary Member

You can skip the campaign and just into mutiplayer endgame stuff. But outside of the beginning I don't remember alot of running around finding stuff. Iono maybe I was just wrapped up in the story. Anyway at the main menu pick avengers initiative instead of Campaign and you can just jump into the multi-player stuff
    I did that as Tony chose a mission and ended up in a cave walking around. No armor...ah I'll figure it out eventually.

Cap gets his modern costume which is basically the suit from the Nick Spencer run.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah so I jumped into quickplay and it's pretty fun so far. Do kinda wish they started you off with a decent suit of armor-even Anthem gave you that. But really liking the game overall.

I played a lot over Labor Day weekend. Completed the story mode, played with folks online a bit just doing the side missions. It was fun, I really enjoyed the story mode, it was a really different Avengers story and the final battle was pretty exciting. I did experience some frame rate drop and some other random glitchiness but overall it was genuinely fun experience. I'm keen to jump back in as soon as I get some free time again.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I did that as Tony chose a mission and ended up in a cave walking around. No armor...ah I'll figure it out eventually.
    Yea iono all the issues your having is news to me. And are you talking about decent gear or alternate costumes? Cause alot of the stuff your gonna do in this game scales. You need to get up to a high level for certain stuff but most things scale to your level. So you don't need good gear to begin and you will find better gear quick so don't waste your resources upgrading anything until you get a character to power level 130

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd personally rather not get teenage Spidey. I hope he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal either way.

Yeah, Kate looks like she's in her 20's from the teaser.
    Yeah i would rather have a Spider-Man that is closer to the PS4 version in personality at least.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Just finished the campaign, really enjoyed it. I'm surprised how much I liked Ms. Marvel in the story. Hopefully we see a decent amount of new story added. I'm excited for the Hawkeye DLC.

So do you guys think The Xmen exist in this world? There's a comic with Hulk, Iceman, Cyclops and Jean on Kamalas wall. Going off the comic if its more then just a wink and a nod X-Factor exists aswell.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-09-2020 at 11:34 PM.