Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Ok I'm seriously getting a bit annoyed with this game. I've gotten both Cap and Thor to Hero lvl 50 and Power lvl130+ so decided to get to work on Iron Man. Well it took me a little bit to notice but the loot reward on the Iconic missions have now been nerfed. Even though it may say you'll get a guaranteed legendary on the 2nd Iconic missions all you get is a epic now. The Shield missions no longer grant legendarys an the Inhuman missions no longer grant guaranteed patterns.

Obviously CD wasn't expecting people to level this fast but to nerf loot when there is so much wrong with this game is a damn joke. Also we need some villains ASAP. I'm already sick and tired of Taskmaster and Abomination clones.

That isn't even the beginning of it. I played after that hotfix last night. And a mission I was on majorly bugged out. I was kicked. My level 50 Thor was then level 1. I lost one of my minor artifacts. Lost all faction progress (was at 15, then at 1). Then I did what they told me and loaded the save from yesterday. It reset my entire game. I now have zero progress. Trying to get a hold of someone at Crystal Dynamics to get this fixed. Just really angry right now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That isn't even the beginning of it. I played after that hotfix last night. And a mission I was on majorly bugged out. I was kicked. My level 50 Thor was then level 1. I lost one of my minor artifacts. Lost all faction progress (was at 15, then at 1). Then I did what they told me and loaded the save from yesterday. It reset my entire game. I now have zero progress. Trying to get a hold of someone at Crystal Dynamics to get this fixed. Just really angry right now.
    Damn I heard about that issue and would be extremely pissed if that happened to me. This launch has been a disaster. Not only was the game not ready but it wasn't even close to being ready. At this point I doubt I'll have any interest in it left by the time Hawkeye comes in November, much less whenever Black Panther arrives.

What trips me up is the save is still there. It's just not reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    So who is everyone maining? Come across any effective builds yet?
    Haven't played enough to have a main yet. I'm enjoying all the characters though, except Hulk who is still too low level to be fun. Cap and Thor are my most played at the moment, and I'm still working out how I want to use Thor but I'm having fun with him. And what little I've played her, I *really* enjoyed Widow.

I gotta admit, I was afraid I was throwing good money at a crappy game during a pandemic. But it's not a bad game, it's just kind of.....average. Thanks to my low expectations I am quite satisfied.

What trips me up is the save is still there. It's just not reading it.
    Did you get your save fixed?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nope, they have no answer to my problem. Other people have experienced the same thing too. So I started story again since it's really short. Then once I get multiplayer stuff unlocked, friends are gonna help me get back where I was.

So from what I'm hearing, the game is just "fine" but not in the same class as the Spider-Man or Batman games. Is that how you folks feel?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So from what I'm hearing, the game is just "fine" but not in the same class as the Spider-Man or Batman games. Is that how you folks feel?
    It really depends what sort of experience you are looking for since those are single player focused and story driven whilst Avengers is more about multiplayer and loot focused (albeit not very well) but with a fun campaign and several story focused iconic missions to mix up the more generalized multiplayer. It might be a game which will be much more expansive for both kinds of players in say six months or a year. But there is also the underlying issues with the too similar missions and AIM bases, lack of villains to fight, lack of interest with leveling gear since it's all numbers and little else, and the greedy nature of the marketplace vs the grind for cosmetics and the plans for future characters challenge cards to have a paid premium option.

It has a lot of bugs and they should have waited until next year for release.

It has a lot of bugs and they should have waited until next year for release.
    Which kind of worries me since they had delayed the game by four months already. Hopefully they will figure out what works and learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Never played the Arkham games, but....generally yeah.

This isn't in consideration for "game of the year" by any metric. Especially this year with FF7 Remake and Cyberpunk in the running (Cyberpunk *is* still releasing this year right, or was it delayed yet again?) but Avengers is a decent enough game. I'm a super casual gamer these days (I bought *two* games this year, more than I have in a long time!) so I'm not bothered by the fact that Avengers is kinda generic but if you have all the Destiny games and Far Cry and everything else.....the novelty of playing the Avengers will probably wear thin real quick.

The good: The campaign story is pretty good and feels like a proper Avengers tale. The character designs don't look like the MCU actors but are still recognizable (except Hank Pym for some reason). The voice acting is pretty solid in most places, and the interactions between characters feel mostly on point. Combat is *generally* fun (Hulk requires some leveling before he's any good) and once you get some levels in you'll usually feel pretty badass. Each character has their own set of moves and powers and while you're playing Iron Man you feel like you're playing Tony, and not "generic protagonist armored guy." The marketplace doesn't really have any "pay to win" crap, it's all cosmetics you don't need for any reason other than looking shiny or some currency you can earn quickly and easily just by playing.

The bad: The game needed some more polish and content before releasing; level layouts and bad guys are redundant and there isn't much in the way of super villains. It's a heavy gear grind with little incentive to keep playing beyond getting more gear or collectibles that provide blanket "invisible" buffs. I think I've run just about all the basic missions at this point and I already feel like there's nothing new to see and I'm just working on getting everyone to max level and getting them maxed out gear. Reports of errors and glitches and bugs are pretty high (as this thread can attest) though I myself have only come across such a problem once and that may well have been my PS4 overheating. The costume designs are pretty lackluster I think (though you'll likely find at least one costume you like for each character), and while everyone has a costume or two inspired by the comics there's usually no direct translation like we saw in Spider-Man's suits so you're still stuck with the questionable design aesthetics, only colored or tweaked slightly to look like "original sin" Iron Man or whoever. I also really loathe the cosmetic vendor; some stuff you can only find there and they rotate through a limited offering each day, so if you want that one specific, vendor-only suit for Thor.....you'll have to log in each day and hope it's available; with a dozen+ costumes for all six characters and only 2-3 offered by the vendor each day....good luck. I also really don't like the flight mechanic, it feels a little too loose to be really viable in most combat situations.

The indifferent: Because this is a multiplayer game where you can pick from a variety of heroes with wildly different power levels, things are balanced in a way that makes high-end characters like Hulk and Thor feel less powerful than they rightfully should. The level ceiling is low; you can't fly over most buildings because Cap and Widow have to be able to access the same places, defeat the same enemies, etc. So that's kind of good and bad depending on how you look at it. If this had been a single player game, levels could have been designed with specific characters in mind, but since you can pick any hero for any mission and can play with others doing the same thing, we end up with an Iron Man who can only fly ten stories high and a Hulk who can't throw a tank with one hand. But that also means Widow and Cap are viable choices too.

The good news is that most of the problems with the game can be fixed in future updates; new villains, minions, and levels can be added along with new heroes, more unique gear, bug fixes, etc. And I suspect that this is what will happen....but it's gonna take time.

If they put the work in, I think by this time next year Avengers could be a really solid (if still somewhat generic) game with enough variety to make most everyone happy. But right now it's kind of....average. I'm mostly happy with the purchase, but like I said I'm a super casual player and my expectations going in were pretty low. If you're more discerning, maybe wait for a sale or wait for more content to be added. We're getting Kate Bishop next month and Clint in November, maybe see what they add with those characters and decide then.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-13-2020 at 07:06 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yea i agree with the whole its an OK game for now but a year from now it could be a great game. Its fun and nailed the characters. But too many bugs and they don't have any real variety in Endgame content so it gets repetitive. Its the different heroes that keeps me playing. The actual levels all feel the same kinda. Anyone who thinks 60 bucks is too much for an OK game should wait. Maybe jump in early next year once things improve. But this is the only game I've been playing for over a week and I really do enjoy it. It has a bunch of flaws though. Really would love Solo games in the future. Prefect the mechanics for one character instead of making something that has to fit a bunch of varying characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Really would love Solo games in the future. Prefect the mechanics for one character instead of making something that has to fit a bunch of varying characters.
    Agreed! There’s a great sense of set up here for them to create fantastic single player games based on these heroes using the template of their abilities - I feel like with the crazy fact Warner has still never overseen a Wonder Woman game, the fact that her movie is still hopefully due this year and that her Initial level is one of the best made that Crystal Dynamics could have been commissioned to make a quality Black Widow game and it would have been awesome. Same with any of the team but her especially.

One thing i liked is the story and way they did ms marvel. They did a real good job with her. Watched lets plays with non fans who never heard of her and they loved her by the games end!

Also love the little jokes and comments you get just running around the hub.

A good one is if you go in tonys room with tony he looks at his desk chair with no wheels and says "they did take my chair. We had only one race!" Go to thors room with thor there and he says "took your chair also? We only had one race in the helicarier." Thor then says he would have won but his cape got stuck under the chair. The avengers then took their wheel desk chairs from them. Lol.

Also tony steals thors rug and messes thors bed up! He "borrows" caps jacket also if cap talks to tony in tonys room. Black widow comments that ms marvel has more or less claimed her bean bag chair in black widows room. Lol.

There’s some fun conversations between the characters - I loved the one with Thor and Black Widow where he asks her if she can teach him to be a good spy and she states she can’t really see him being able to be subtle.