Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    All the expansions to the story and chatacter rosters. Anything u need to actually play the game.
    They said new areas and characters. That still leaves room for alot of other DLC

Nobody works for free and cosmetic microtransactions are probably the least annoying way to fund a game's ongoing development. People don't like buying endless season passes. People don't want to buy subscriptions. People didn't like having to buy a $20 expansion for Destiny every 3 months. Nobody wants to have to buy new heroes and/or gear (ex. Marvel Heroes) or have money tied into upgrading your character.

Cosmetic items can be ignored at your leisure and you won't miss out on any real content. As long as the prices aren't absurd, there's really no downside.

iMan 42s

I wouldn't doubt that a lot of the expanded roster is just asset flips. That's not a bad thing either as we'll have four base kits to build out of and if people's frustration at Mortal Kombat is any indicator, a working kit is just fine.

A concern of mine is as it pertains to areas, because a lot of the cool aspects of the modern superhero game is the exploration element of being in the heroe's space. Like being able to have Spider-man stop muggings in Midtown as opposed to going down a hallway and solving puzzles and fighting swarms of bad guys. It's one of those things that kind of work in the moment, but having that space really does benefit the player in replayability but also making them feel like the character. A pretty big concern is that it's going to just be a hallway by another name and that just gives me Final Fantasy flashbacks.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The online multiplayer is part of the game. There's a single player campaign.
    In that case I hope the single player campaign is robust and not an afterthought. I want the game to do well and to be enjoyable but I've been burned a few times recently so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    In that case I hope the single player campaign is robust and not an afterthought. I want the game to do well and to be enjoyable but I've been burned a few times recently so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    The online multiplayer is the game. My interpretation of whats known is that the campaign is co-op and can be played solo with A.I. controlled characters. Its not its separate thing like an Uncharted game. Its all integrated

Voice cast has been announced.

It's Troy Baker as Hulk, Nolan North as Iron Man, Laura Bailey as Black Widow, her husband Travis Willingham as Thor (Both Laura and Travis have done these characters many times before) and Jeff Schine as Cap.

A lot of video games these days tend to incorporate the likenesses of their voice actors into the games, as they're often involved in the mocap process-and of course, if the actor is a big name, it helps sell it (Take Cyberpunk for example, and Death Stranding seems to using Reedus and Mads as part of it's appeal too.). However, maybe I'm looking at the images wrong but I don't see Troy and co's looks here. Even Far Cry 4 Pagan Min was recognizably Troy if you look at the character and actor....and Troy's Ocelot from Metal Gear-an established character years before-is probably the most close to Baker of them all.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The voice cast was announced with the reveal

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that a lot of the expanded roster is just asset flips. That's not a bad thing either as we'll have four base kits to build out of and if people's frustration at Mortal Kombat is any indicator, a working kit is just fine.
    I'm very much expecting Captain Marvel is going to be very derivative of Iron Man's gameplay, what with being a flyer with beam attacks and some melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Voice cast has been announced.

It's Troy Baker as Hulk, Nolan North as Iron Man, Laura Bailey as Black Widow, her husband Travis Willingham as Thor (Both Laura and Travis have done these characters many times before) and Jeff Schine as Cap.

A lot of video games these days tend to incorporate the likenesses of their voice actors into the games, as they're often involved in the mocap process-and of course, if the actor is a big name, it helps sell it (Take Cyberpunk for example, and Death Stranding seems to using Reedus and Mads as part of it's appeal too.). However, maybe I'm looking at the images wrong but I don't see Troy and co's looks here. Even Far Cry 4 Pagan Min was recognizably Troy if you look at the character and actor....and Troy's Ocelot from Metal Gear-an established character years before-is probably the most close to Baker of them all.
    I think mo-cap experience with AAA games is probably what netted them these roles.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

It doesn't look very interesting. Plotline seemed kind of generic and the same normal characters as the roster. I'm fine with a movie only roster but like can we at least have some other characters?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    It doesn't look very interesting. Plotline seemed kind of generic and the same normal characters as the roster. I'm fine with a movie only roster but like can we at least have some other characters?
    We dont know if these are the only characters the game will launch with. There will however be more as DLC

Some think that the voice at the beginning of the trailer is actually Ashley Johnson, of course Ellie from Last of Us but also she had a cameo in the first Avengers movie.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some think that the voice at the beginning of the trailer is actually Ashley Johnson, of course Ellie from Last of Us but also she had a cameo in the first Avengers movie.
    I thought it was Erica Lindbeck for a second, to be honest.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cam footage of the demo

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The online multiplayer is the game. My interpretation of whats known is that the campaign is co-op and can be played solo with A.I. controlled characters. Its not its separate thing like an Uncharted game. Its all integrated
    Crystal Dynamics confirm the campaign is entirely single player with no multiplayer
    https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/06/1...player-e3-2019

iMan 42s

I'm beginning to think it was just them screwing up the panel because from the leak, it plays just fine. It's certainly not going gold just yet but it looks alright.

I'm beginning to think that Square Enix screwed up panel time since a dozen FF and JRPG's got announced rather than reading the room doing Avengers. Like it's the biggest franchise outside of Star Wars in the US and for that kind of audience, it's bizarre that they'd put a presentation into only FF7 (which was big here) and in an untested and derivative IP like Outriders.

I'm starting to think they simply didn't have enough time and able to get workable footage for the presentation since Avengers was at the tail end of the panel.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.