Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm beginning to think it was just them screwing up the panel because from the leak, it plays just fine. It's certainly not going gold just yet but it looks alright.

I'm beginning to think that Square Enix screwed up panel time since a dozen FF and JRPG's got announced rather than reading the room doing Avengers. Like it's the biggest franchise outside of Star Wars in the US and for that kind of audience, it's bizarre that they'd put a presentation into only FF7 (which was big here) and in an untested and derivative IP like Outriders.

I'm starting to think they simply didn't have enough time and able to get workable footage for the presentation since Avengers was at the tail end of the panel.
    I think they focused on the wrong things to showcase for their presentation. If they actually showed gameplay it could have quelled a lot of the negativity about the designs and models. I know I'm more interested in the type of game we're getting instead of trying to make it look like Uncharted.

BANNED

Studios need to show less orchestrated cut scenes and more gameplay. Excited it has a legitimate single player option, but I was also looking forward to playing the campaign multiplayer. (But not over the net. Maybe it's my age but I enjoy sitting around the TV with four people rather than randos on the internet) I thought this game was going to have an Ultimate Alliance team-up option.

Maybe it still will, but what we've seen so far leaves me nervous about this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Studios need to show less orchestrated cut scenes and more gameplay. Excited it has a legitimate single player option, but I was also looking forward to playing the campaign multiplayer. (But not over the net. Maybe it's my age but I enjoy sitting around the TV with four people rather than randos on the internet) I thought this game was going to have an Ultimate Alliance team-up option.

Maybe it still will, but what we've seen so far leaves me nervous about this title.
    According to the IGN article the Ultimate Alliance team ups are reserved for side missions. Those are the missions that are open to multiplayer and allow you to chose which Avenger you want.

I genuinely hate how few game let u do split screen. I think it was halo 5 that didnt and I quite the game quick. Me and my little brother use to play halo Co-OP, it was a tradition for us.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-14-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

As I understand it there is going to be:

a. The single player only campaign that basically leads to the setup of the world for the Avengers going forward, though I believe you can hop in and out of it and play other stuff, though only with the Avengers you have unlocked so far. I believe leaks suggested that after the prologue you start with just Ms Marvel, Iron Man and Hulk as playable and unlock Black Widow, Thor and Captain America through the campaign.

b. World/Region missions with specific characters, again single player.

c. World/Region missions with up to four characters, which can nearly all be tackled by yourself with other AI heroes or up to four players in multiplayer.

So if Square are to be believed about 90 to 99 percent of the game (at launch anyway) can be played just by yourself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    According to the IGN article the Ultimate Alliance team ups are reserved for side missions. Those are the missions that are open to multiplayer and allow you to chose which Avenger you want.
    I saw that....but I'm not really sure what that means? Is it part of the main campaign or is it just like an arena mode? Side missions is general enough that it leaves me with some doubts.

I also saw that they plan on having many more Avengers and characters added over time. I would imagine that be in these side missions?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I assume they will add more story content but perhaps set amidst these various regions, like say a Asgard update which focuses on Thor but also adds Valkyrie as a playable character, or a Wakanda update with Black Panther, or a Ultron campaign which adds Ant Man and Wasp. I also assume there’s likely to be missions that are just ‘defeat this HYDRA base’ with the option of playing any Avengers you have unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I assume they will add more story content but perhaps set amidst these various regions, like say a Asgard update which focuses on Thor but also adds Valkyrie as a playable character, or a Wakanda update with Black Panther, or a Ultron campaign which adds Ant Man and Wasp. I also assume there’s likely to be missions that are just ‘defeat this HYDRA base’ with the option of playing any Avengers you have unlocked.
    Being able to explore Wakanda sounds amazing honestly.

They're definitely planning to support this game over a course of years, the thing that I think is going to make or break it will be how polished the gameplay is for the real,full reveal it'll have, likely six months from now or somewhere in that range. The behind closed doors impressions of the pre-alpha gameplay people are seeing are good but obviously Square isn't showing it to the world in anything but hiccups for some reason. The other thing that'll make or break will be how much content the game has at launch. I don't want it to be like these other live service games where there's nothing to do and the game really isn't finished until about a year post-release. The fact that it's a narratively-driven live service game unlike the others should mean it has a lot to offer day one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Being able to explore Wakanda sounds amazing honestly.

They're definitely planning to support this game over a course of years, the thing that I think is going to make or break it will be how polished the gameplay is for the real,full reveal it'll have, likely six months from now or somewhere in that range. The behind closed doors impressions of the pre-alpha gameplay people are seeing are good but obviously Square isn't showing it to the world in anything but hiccups for some reason. The other thing that'll make or break will be how much content the game has at launch. I don't want it to be like these other live service games where there's nothing to do and the game really isn't finished until about a year post-release. The fact that it's a narratively-driven live service game unlike the others should mean it has a lot to offer day one.
    The fact it has confirmed to have micro-transaction is another point to worry about. Maybe they'll be minimal and trivial....but any time they are involved is cause for concern.

I saw that....but I'm not really sure what that means? Is it part of the main campaign or is it just like an arena mode? Side missions is general enough that it leaves me with some doubts.

I also saw that they plan on having many more Avengers and characters added over time. I would imagine that be in these side missions?
    I assume that side missions will be instances. If that's where multiplayer will be I don't see it blending in with the solo stuff.

Here's a bunch of information I took from IGN and Game Informer coverage that I thought was interesting and important to know.

- There are three primary means of customization for your heroes. Skills, Gear, and Cosmetics.

- There's a pretty in-depth skill tree that lets you customize abilities, upgrade abilities, and gain new moves. It's a pretty robust moveset for each of the characters. The tree layout is very distinct because the characters don't really fit similar molds. So while one character has alternate combos, another character might have weaponization stuff like Hulk. (See Below)

- Black Widow had martial arts moves, guns, a stealth mode, and a pair of those electrified batons. The full skill tree hasn't been shown yet, but this left people thinking about how her play-style could develop over the course of the game.

- Gear “provides active abilities, passive abilities, attributes," but has nothing to do with a character's appearance.

- Cosmetic customization allows changing a character's appearance and is all about aesthetics, and essentially boils down to getting new character skins. The glimpse of Iron Man out in space wearing what appears to be the white-and-gold Starboost armor in the E3 trailer is likely an example of this.

- The entire story campaign is single player only and has no multiplayer option. The level from the E3 trailer has you switching from one Avenger to another for key story beats, so you can see why that wouldn’t work with two or more players.

- As you progress through the campaign extra side missions will open up and that’s where you’re presented with multiplayer options. You can choose to be whichever Avenger you want. If you want to do all of the missions as Thor and level him up, you can do that and then go back to the main story.

- Note that you could play the whole campaign and all the missions single player, if you wanted to, and you could do that all offline. But to play the missions multiplayer, you need to be online. The missions will spin out of the main story, and have a little story of their own, and the developers said the stories will weave together so it makes sense why you’d be going off on these non-campaign missions in the first place.

- Thor Gameplay: His combat style is reminiscent of Kratos from God of War on PS4: Thor can bash foes with Mjolnir, throw the hammer to pin enemies down, indulge in some hand-to-hand combat, and then summon the hammer back mid-combo to keep bringing the pain and the lightning. He can leave that foe pinned there and engage other enemies with his fists or retrieve the hammer when he wants. Some of his hammer hits would send enemies flying a good 100 feet into the distance and the hammer will damage enemies in its path when it returns to the God of Thunder. At one point some shielded enemies arrive and Thor unleashes a super move in the form of a massive shockwave blast to knock them all down. The cherry on top comes when Thor supercharges himself – just like in Ragnarok – and laid waste to enemies as lightning coursed through his body and struck from the sky. It’s worth noting that it wasn’t shown whether this version of Thor can fly or not.

- Iron Man Gameplay: Iron Man, on the other hand, can fly. At least, sort of. Gameplay transitioned to Iron Man and you’re immediately put on rails as you chase some jetpack-powered enemies through the air. Not the most thrilling way to take control of the high-flying Avenger. Iron Man then lands to engage in some hand-to-hand combat on the ground by rocketing around throwing punches and kicks. He seamlessly takes off into the air and hovers as he fires repulsor beams at a gunner who had set up shop atop a bus, then stays in flight to pick off the remaining ground enemies. His big show-off move is unleashing a massive unibeam from his chest.

- While all the bells and whistles and lasers and rockets were there, Iron Man’s gameplay appeared to be the most restricted of the bunch.

- Hulk Gameplay: Hulk’s gameplay was less about combos and more about crudely smacking away enemies like they are nothing more than action figures. He can even pick up enemies and use them as melee weapons or just chuck them like a projectile. Hulk’s movement is all about momentum. As the bridge begins to collapse, Hulk is forced to jump from one impromptu platform to another, occasionally wall-running to build up speed and launch himself further into the air – culminating with landing on a group of enemies with a resounding smash. Hulk’s section had the most pure sense of fun, and was the most surprising as it turned the Jade Giant into a thicc green Prince of Persia.

- Captain America Gameplay: Cap's combat looks a bit like the system from the Batman Arkham games and Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 with lots of quick, brutal attacks that send him bounding across the room from enemy to enemy. There was, of course, lots of shield tossing, but it was unclear how much control you’re given over where it goes and how it travels once it leaves Cap’s hand.

- Black Widow Gameplay: The sequence of Widow jumping on Taskmaster flying through the air is a quick-time event. After coming to a crash landing, Black Widow must take down Taskmaster by dodging his attacks and responding with martial arts moves, electrified batons, and a set of dual pistols. She can also do her signature move where she wraps her legs around his neck and flip-slams him to the ground, naturally.

- The missions have a sense of team atmosphere that's apparent so when you're playing one hero they're still communicating with each other and you may see things such as Iron Man flying by taking out targets in the background.

- Game Informer notes very honestly that this was closed-doors and clearly pre-alpha gameplay for a reason. Many things still look unpolished and clunky in places and don't quite have the finished game feel that you would make a proper gameplay display at E3 with. They mention that Thor and Iron Man in particular look clunky while Hulk looks visibly the most polished character to play currently, with the best animations in the game according to them.

BANNED

I can't be the only one mad that Hawkeye got snubbed.
    Eh, Hawkeye is a bummer, but floating Thor is kinda...startling

The gameplay premiere will be at comic-con on July 18th at the Marvel games panel
    https://gematsu.com/2019/07/marvels-...nel-on-july-18

The gameplay premiere will be at comic-con on July 18th at the Marvel games panel
    I guess it will probably be what was leaked from E3.

Oh man. That's way sooner than I expected. I wonder if they're doing this as a calculated decision because of the reception some people had negatively to the character models. I hope they have something clean and polished ready to go.

EDIT: Oh, just kidding. Looks like it won't be streamed or anything.