Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its odd that they would announce something like that almost 3 weeks out. Less than a week would have made more sense
    They've said nothing since they dropped Kate. Announcing an announcement is better than nothing. I'm sure the three people who are still playing are excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So new skins?
    I hope it's new heroes, but with how slow things are going, I wonder if we'd ever see that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Looks like another month to wait (March 18th) until they release Hawkeye and the next generation update.

So they announced an announcement of something that was 2 months away. Okay. They really are dragging this stuff out

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So they announced an announcement of something that was 2 months away. Okay. They really are dragging this stuff out
    With this game being a colossal failure, Crystal Dynamics probably only have a skeleton crew working on this game at this point. Put out the content that was promised and then killed it once that's been fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    With this game being a colossal failure, Crystal Dynamics probably only have a skeleton crew working on this game at this point. Put out the content that was promised and then killed it once that's been fulfilled.
    At this point they should just give it away as part of the PS Plus offering for next month. They'll get an influx of new users and get some guaranteed money from Sony

At this point they should just give it away as part of the PS Plus offering for next month. They'll get an influx of new users and get some guaranteed money from Sony
    I think they'll hold off on that until after Spider-Man gets added to the PS version of the game, which incidentally I bet Square is hating having had to commit to at this point. Honestly I think they should have waited for what I assume would be the meatier Black Panther or Captain Marvel expansions with new villains (Klaw and the Kree) for the next gen version. Two operations that STILL focus on AIM after months of waiting is just tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think they'll hold off on that until after Spider-Man gets added to the PS version of the game, which incidentally I bet Square is hating having had to commit to at this point. Honestly I think they should have waited for what I assume would be the meatier Black Panther or Captain Marvel expansions with new villains (Klaw and the Kree) for the next gen version. Two operations that STILL focus on AIM after months of waiting is just tiresome.
    Oh so that’s why it’s been taking them so long to release Black Panther. Well other than the passing of Chadwick Boseman.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

If they want to salvage this game they might choose to go the Final Fantasy XIV route and take the thing back to formula, that extends to making the game a massive online multiplayer, with the added bonus of creating your own character.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    If they want to salvage this game they might choose to go the Final Fantasy XIV route and take the thing back to formula, that extends to making the game a massive online multiplayer, with the added bonus of creating your own character.
    ...Christ no. The multiplayer aspect is what has killed this game in trying to force it on top of the storyline in so many awkward ways and with a system that just doesn’t work for Marvel characters. And really the ONLY area of Marvel that could possibly suit an MMO like that is probably the X-Men, because that area allows for original characters as new mutants. Avengers pretty much couldn’t do that. There’s the Inhumans of course but then it would be an Inhumans game featuring the Avengers and we all know how popular the Inhumans are these days thanks to Ike Perlmutter...

...Christ no. The multiplayer aspect is what has killed this game in trying to force it on top of the storyline in so many awkward ways and with a system that just doesn’t work for Marvel characters. And really the ONLY area of Marvel that could possibly suit an MMO like that is probably the X-Men, because that area allows for original characters as new mutants. Avengers pretty much couldn’t do that. There’s the Inhumans of course but then it would be an Inhumans game featuring the Avengers and we all know how popular the Inhumans are these days thanks to Ike Perlmutter...
    I really dont see the difference between the Avengers and X-men. Newly created characters join the team quite a bit.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

id like a musou title for marvel i think it'd work well

for this game if it is around long enough to get Vision i think i'd try and get back into it

I really dont see the difference between the Avengers and X-men. Newly created characters join the team quite a bit.
    Mutants are far more common than random meta humans though. Plus there would be an expectation with an Avengers game that you could actually play as the recognised Avengers. Granted that would probably also be the case with the X-Men but with an entire school of upcoming characters that makes an easier setup for original characters (case in point X-Men: Destiny). With Avengers you’re either looking at Inhumans (no longer popular thanks to the ABC show outside Ms Marvel - who will get retconned into having Carol’s origins in the MCU anyway) or Young Avengers (who would just be younger carbon copies of the actual characters).

Destiny 2 works because it doesn’t have established expectations for the characters you play as. That system was never going to work for the Avengers.

Mutants are far more common than random meta humans though. Plus there would be an expectation with an Avengers game that you could actually play as the recognised Avengers. Granted that would probably also be the case with the X-Men but with an entire school of upcoming characters that makes an easier setup for original characters (case in point X-Men: Destiny). With Avengers you’re either looking at Inhumans (no longer popular thanks to the ABC show outside Ms Marvel - who will get retconned into having Carol’s origins in the MCU anyway) or Young Avengers (who would just be younger carbon copies of the actual characters).

Destiny 2 works because it doesn’t have established expectations for the characters you play as. That system was never going to work for the Avengers.
    So? Its a videogame. As long as you can play as recognizable Avengers, I dont see the problem with allowing users to create their own. He suggested revamping this game, not creating a brand new one. A revamp would include every existing character as well as those planned with the flexibility of a character creator.

FYI people expect to play X-men in an X-men game as well. The last console X-men game released didnt allow for that and it flopped. Having a character creator would have at least gotten around that as people could make any character that wasnt playable (ala DC Universe Online)

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels...cosmetic-drops

CD is determined to kill this game. They just made it harder for newcomers to jump aboard which is a major turnoff for anyone that was holding off to get this till the next gen versions came out