Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Which direction do you think they should go?
    They should have delivered on a co-op narratively driven action game. It's gameplay and doing what Ultimate Alliance games did should have been enough.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They should have delivered on a co-op narratively driven action game. It's gameplay and doing what Ultimate Alliance games did should have been enough.
    I see. You think it can still be saved

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I see. You think it can still be saved
    It will take a huge investment to turn things around and Square Enix already lost big money on it. It will take a Final Fantasy levels of commitment to right the ship.

IMO its not worth it. Just focus on the next game and learn from this one's mistakes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It will take a huge investment to turn things around and Square Enix already lost big money on it. It will take a Final Fantasy levels of commitment to right the ship.
    Considering how slow it's been now I don't know if that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IMO its not worth it. Just focus on the next game and learn from this one's mistakes
    I see what you mean, but then we'd have to wait several years and we already waited so long for this one.

Considering how slow it's been now I don't know if that could happen.

I see what you mean, but then we'd have to wait several years and we already waited so long for this one.
    You'd have to wait years for this game for them to retool it the way Square did with FF XIV. Would you rather continue play a subpar game that has smaller incrimental improvements over the course of 2 years to get to an amazing point or them work on a new game and release it in an amazing state with room to grow? Id prefer the latter. Updating the current game wont fix its issues; more like putting bandaids over it. There are things about it which fundamentally work against it, namely t being a live service game with an emphasis online multiplayer. Thats one of the mistakes the company needs to learn from and place the emphasis on the next game on being a robust complete story driven single player experience. Everything else should be secondary.

Ultimate Member

You'd have to wait years for this game for them to retool it the way Square did with FF XIV. Would you rather continue play a subpar game that has smaller incrimental improvements over the course of 2 years to get to an amazing point or them work on a new game and release it in an amazing state with room to grow? Id prefer the latter. Updating the current game wont fix its issues; more like putting bandaids over it. There are things about it which fundamentally work against it, namely t being a live service game with an emphasis online multiplayer. Thats one of the mistakes the company needs to learn from and place the emphasis on the next game on being a robust complete story driven single player experience. Everything else should be secondary.
    True. I think no matter what it'll be a while before we get an actually worthy Avengers game

I don't think they'd invest in a Marvel game what they did in FFXIV because FF is their IP. They pay Marvel to use Marvel's IP. They'd probably rather just drop the expensive license.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Had this game been good, how much content do you think it would have by now?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Had this game been good, how much content do you think it would have by now?
    Lots. We'd be seeing Black Panther and Spider-Man by now, even if Spider-Man was a PlayStation exclusive.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I thnk they said there would be monthly drops so considering the game has been out for 6 months, at least 5 new characters by now

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Lots. We'd be seeing Black Panther and Spider-Man by now, even if Spider-Man was a PlayStation exclusive.
    Xbox still misses out i guess

I thnk they said there would be monthly drops so considering the game has been out for 6 months, at least 5 new characters by now
    Ideally Scarlet Witch, Vision and Quicksilver would tie into WandaVision, and Falcon Winter Soldier and US Agent could tie into FaWS

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Xbox still misses out i guess

Ideally Scarlet Witch, Vision and Quicksilver would tie into WandaVision, and Falcon Winter Soldier and US Agent could tie into FaWS
    Sadly, and yeah, those characters would've been great to include. Hoping we can still see them at some point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sadly, and yeah, those characters would've been great to include. Hoping we can still see them at some point.
    I hope so too

I forgot Spectrum as well. The thing is US Agent would be based on Cap's basic design so adding him should be quite easy. Same for War Machine, She-Hulk or BRB

IDK when Ant-Man, Wasp or Yellowjacket would be added, but they could all come at the same time too.

So Crystal Dynamics posted a roadmap for the rest of the year.

Attachment 107694

Looks like we'll have a steady, but very small, stream of new stuff coming in as we reach 2022.

I feel like it's not enough. Some of this looks like it could be fun, and expansive, and add to our options, and that's all stuff we desperately need.

But I think we need everything they're talking about in this roadmap....and then twice as much more on top of it, just to get this game moving at all.

Running more than one version of a hero in a group feels like a crap way to give us "extra" heroes without actually giving us extra heroes; use the gray Iron Man skins and hey, you got Tony *and* War Machine in your party! Only giving us one villain sector, the only place where we can fight a proper super villain outside of story chain missions? And for it to be the Scientist Supreme, who barely counts as a proper super villain?

And this roadmap mentions new skins *three* times. I like a new skin as much as the next guy, but is this really where the devs' focus should be right now? I understand wanting to get the MCU skins in, that's smart for obvious reasons, but it's not gonna save the game.

We'll see what these updates actually include. Maybe some of them will add more than the descriptions imply. I've said I'd wait and see what the Wakanda DLC offers before giving up entirely on this game but from where I'm sitting I'm not filled with hope that they'll manage to turn things around.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.