Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I couldn't load the attachment

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i saw an image floating around awhile back about upcoming/datamined heroes and i dont think vision was on it so im hoping that it was just a bad rumor

Ultimate Member

Which characters are to be added?

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i dont know it was just from a discussion i saw on twitter a month or two ago during the build up to hawkeye

i think i remember she-hulk, war machine, dr strange and captain marvel but a lot of names have been thrown around for months now honestly

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i dont know it was just from a discussion i saw on twitter a month or two ago during the build up to hawkeye

i think i remember she-hulk, war machine, dr strange and captain marvel but a lot of names have been thrown around for months now honestly
    Ideally all those would be good for this game. I feel She-Hulk, War Machine, US Agent, BRB, Scott Lang and even Spider-Woman should all be easy to add because they're based on templates of already existing heroes, and could be integrated into connected storylines. Although I'm not a game developer so I could be off base

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I couldn't load the attachment
    Really? Weird. Eh, you can find the CBR article easy enough, it just came out yesterday, and I'm sure other sites will have the same information if you Google it.

As for that list of supposed leaked characters, I found it and it has (in no particular order) Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Falcon, Winter Soldier, She-Hulk, Quake, Mockingbird, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Mar-Vel, Ant-Man and Wasp. It also lists Clint, Kate, Black Panther, and the Hulkbuster (which is just Iron Man's ultimate move but apparently looks like a new character in the data).

There's been a few lists that claim to know who is planned for the game, but that's the one that seems to be considered the most legit (from what I've seen). And it's been right about Kate, T'Challa, and Clint, so.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Really? Weird. Eh, you can find the CBR article easy enough, it just came out yesterday, and I'm sure other sites will have the same information if you Google it.

As for that list of supposed leaked characters, I found it and it has (in no particular order) Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Falcon, Winter Soldier, She-Hulk, Quake, Mockingbird, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Mar-Vel, Ant-Man and Wasp. It also lists Clint, Kate, Black Panther, and the Hulkbuster (which is just Iron Man's ultimate move but apparently looks like a new character in the data).

There's been a few lists that claim to know who is planned for the game, but that's the one that seems to be considered the most legit (from what I've seen). And it's been right about Kate, T'Challa, and Clint, so.....
    Oh yeah, I recall those characters from a few months ago. Good list, but Mar-Vell, really? He's not even the second most relevant Captain Marvel, no offense to him or his fans. Also Hulkbuster as a separate character?

I wonder if they'll put Hank and Scott in it. I feel that would be good to hank Hank be able to switch between Yellowjacket and Giant-Man, while Scott is just Ant-Man.

Kinda disappointing there's no Quicksilver,

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I miss the hell out of that game. It was great
    Even with it's flaws, it was by far the best marvel game IMO.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Oh yeah, I recall those characters from a few months ago. Good list, but Mar-Vell, really? He's not even the second most relevant Captain Marvel, no offense to him or his fans. Also Hulkbuster as a separate character?

I wonder if they'll put Hank and Scott in it. I feel that would be good to hank Hank be able to switch between Yellowjacket and Giant-Man, while Scott is just Ant-Man.

Kinda disappointing there's no Quicksilver,
    Yeah, the datamine pulled Hulkbuster up as what appeared to be a playable character, only for us to learn that it's just Tony's ultimate. Mar-Vel might be the same sort of thing; maybe Carol's ultimate summons him in to fight with you or something. It's just a datamine, there's only so much it can tell you without all the proper context. Hell, Marv might just be a unique skin for Carol with its own voice actor or something.

Or maybe it's closer to Clint's story mission. There, you start off as Old Man Barton before transitioning to modern-day Clint. Maybe with Carol's story mission you start as Marv and then transition into playing Carol.

I'm not terribly worried about whether Marv is actually a playable character or just part of Carol's kit, and more worried about whether the game will survive long enough for Carol to get into it at all.

No idea if they'll make Hank a playable character or not. In-game he says that AIM screwed with his powers so he can't use them without it killing him. Maybe he fixes that and becomes Ant-Man again. Maybe he remains a NPC and Scott takes over. Again, I'm more concerned about the game lasting long enough to introduce any of these characters, and less concerned about who will be in the mask.

And no Quicksilver is indeed a disappointment, but not really a surprise. But who knows? We shouldn't assume that datamine was 100% correct, much less an exhaustive, comprehensive list of every character they plan on using ever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the datamine pulled Hulkbuster up as what appeared to be a playable character, only for us to learn that it's just Tony's ultimate. Mar-Vel might be the same sort of thing; maybe Carol's ultimate summons him in to fight with you or something. It's just a datamine, there's only so much it can tell you without all the proper context. Hell, Marv might just be a unique skin for Carol with its own voice actor or something.

Or maybe it's closer to Clint's story mission. There, you start off as Old Man Barton before transitioning to modern-day Clint. Maybe with Carol's story mission you start as Marv and then transition into playing Carol.

I'm not terribly worried about whether Marv is actually a playable character or just part of Carol's kit, and more worried about whether the game will survive long enough for Carol to get into it at all.

No idea if they'll make Hank a playable character or not. In-game he says that AIM screwed with his powers so he can't use them without it killing him. Maybe he fixes that and becomes Ant-Man again. Maybe he remains a NPC and Scott takes over. Again, I'm more concerned about the game lasting long enough to introduce any of these characters, and less concerned about who will be in the mask.

And no Quicksilver is indeed a disappointment, but not really a surprise. But who knows? We shouldn't assume that datamine was 100% correct, much less an exhaustive, comprehensive list of every character they plan on using ever.
    You're right, we shouldn't assume it's 100% correct.

Yo be clear I don't mind Mar-Vell. I want every hero. But I'd put others like US Agent, Spectrum, Nova, or even Drax before him.

You're right about the game lasting long enough too. I'd just like to see both Ant Men. In fact Id like to see all the heroes with similar templates, liek Thor and Beta Ray Bill

You're right, we shouldn't assume it's 100% correct.

Yo be clear I don't mind Mar-Vell. I want every hero. But I'd put others like US Agent, Spectrum, Nova, or even Drax before him.

You're right about the game lasting long enough too. I'd just like to see both Ant Men. In fact Id like to see all the heroes with similar templates, liek Thor and Beta Ray Bill
    Not too long ago I was very much against the idea of alternate character skins (like a War Machine skin for Iron Man) but I think now it might be a viable choice. It's taking way too long to churn out new heroes and it'd be a lot faster and easier to create a Rhodey skin for Iron Man and get a new voice actor to do some lines for him, rather than building a fully unique hero with their own move list, vanity items, gear, etc.

The Injustice games do this; you've got John Stewart as an alt skin for Hal Jordan, a Power Girl skin for Supergirl, a Vixen skin for Cheetah, etc. They have unique voice actors and dialogue, but otherwise they're just skins. And I think Avengers could use the same template. It's not ideal, but at this point, with the game six months behind schedule and the dev team cut back, I think it's worth considering.

War Machine and Ironheart for Iron Man skins, She-Hulk for a Hulk skin, you could probably do Winter Soldier as a Black Widow skin, Beta Ray Bill and JaneThor for a Thor skin, etc.

I still want fully unique heroes of course, but alt-skins would at least give the appearance of a more robust roster, they'd be easier on the devs, and it'd be less leveling and gear grinding for us.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I miss the hell out of that game. It was great
    Yes Marvel Heroes was one of my favorite games of all time.

Ultimate Member

Not too long ago I was very much against the idea of alternate character skins (like a War Machine skin for Iron Man) but I think now it might be a viable choice. It's taking way too long to churn out new heroes and it'd be a lot faster and easier to create a Rhodey skin for Iron Man and get a new voice actor to do some lines for him, rather than building a fully unique hero with their own move list, vanity items, gear, etc.

The Injustice games do this; you've got John Stewart as an alt skin for Hal Jordan, a Power Girl skin for Supergirl, a Vixen skin for Cheetah, etc. They have unique voice actors and dialogue, but otherwise they're just skins. And I think Avengers could use the same template. It's not ideal, but at this point, with the game six months behind schedule and the dev team cut back, I think it's worth considering.

War Machine and Ironheart for Iron Man skins, She-Hulk for a Hulk skin, you could probably do Winter Soldier as a Black Widow skin, Beta Ray Bill and JaneThor for a Thor skin, etc.

I still want fully unique heroes of course, but alt-skins would at least give the appearance of a more robust roster, they'd be easier on the devs, and it'd be less leveling and gear grinding for us.
    Personally I'd prefer characters like War Machine and Ironheart to be separate characters. But yeah, they need more heroes sooner rather than later

Oh I'm with you. I'd much rather have Rhodey and all the rest be unique heroes, but I dunno if a roster that big is really possible at this point, between the delays and everything else.

So if it's gonna take 3-4 months (or more) for each unique hero to come out, that's not gonna cut it, and I figure some alt-skin heroes are a good way to artificially expand the roster and give us something between "real" hero releases. Looking at the number of new skins the marketplace produces, the devs can apparently design those pretty quickly, and it shouldn't take long to record some unique dialogue with a new voice actor.

It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing, and might be the best the situation allows for.

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Oh I'm with you. I'd much rather have Rhodey and all the rest be unique heroes, but I dunno if a roster that big is really possible at this point, between the delays and everything else.

So if it's gonna take 3-4 months (or more) for each unique hero to come out, that's not gonna cut it, and I figure some alt-skin heroes are a good way to artificially expand the roster and give us something between "real" hero releases. Looking at the number of new skins the marketplace produces, the devs can apparently design those pretty quickly, and it shouldn't take long to record some unique dialogue with a new voice actor.

It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing, and might be the best the situation allows for.
    That's true. Honestly the progress appears so slow we many not even get new heroes that quickly.