Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    Interesting. Idk if it will be enough but it's something

On a side note, what other villains does anyone want to see in here.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

maybe loki since he was referenced in-game and appeared in thor's prequel

although honestly id like to play as loki as well

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Bigger map with more objectives and less of a enforced mission structure? Yeah, that's good.

But a few small steps in the right direction every few months isn't gonna cut it. Like, everything they have planned for the year looks fine but it'd be a lot better if it were all going to hit by August and just as much new content was also coming out through the autumn and winter. We need a lot of improvements, additions, and updates, and we need them faster than they're currently providing. This current schedule might slow the rate of collapse maybe, but it's not gonna reverse it. It's more than we've been getting, so maybe these guys are building up steam and we'll see an increase in content drops, but....I'll believe it when I see it.

As for new villains....I think the game should have a few "random villain encounters." We have this loot robot now, that randomly pops into a map on a RNG, and if you find it you can chase it down, kill it, and get a crap ton of resources. It's a fun little addition and something to keep an eye out for and I think it'd be great if we got something like that with super villains. I also think we need some randomized weather with potential hazards, like fog/dust storms/blizzards that limit visibility, strong winds that blow loot across the map so you gotta grab them quickly, etc.....but that's a different conversation; I'll just say that the more ways the devs can make each map and mission feel unique, the more replay value it'll have and the happier we'll all be.

I'm thinking a roster of four or five different bad guys in the RNG wheel, any of whom could show up in a mission as a random encounter. As for who the villains are, well, I'm not too concerned about that but I figure it should be D-list villains who aren't worth much more than a random encounter (nobody you're gonna build a DLC around), but are still fun to fight and provide a proper challenge.

Maybe.....

Wrecking Crew.
    Serpent Society.
    Masters of Evil.
    Graviton.
    Absorbing Man & Titania.

Not necessarily those particular bad guys, but something along those lines.

Regarding bigger threats, mostly I want some variety in the kind of bad guys we fight; thus far it's been a lot of physical melee threats and not much else. I really want to see an Asgard DLC sooner rather than later, and something that picks up the "Loki makes a cult" subplot, with Loki as the big bad, and villain sectors for Enchantress/Executioner (as a team), the Destroyer armor, and Malekith. And of course, the Kree need a big fat DLC when Carol debuts; I really want to go to Hala and fight Ronan, with villain sector missions for Yon-Rogg and Starforce. And of course, you gotta do Ultron. Not sure who would make a good villain sector there; most of the guys tied to Ultron end up as heroes and it'd be weird to have a Vision villain sector when he's supposed to (eventually) be a playable hero.

You could probably do a really fun DLC with the Thunderbolts too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I like the suggestion of Loki as a villain but also as playable

For me I'd like to see A to C listers, like:
    - Red skull
    - Thanos (Might be too big right now)
    - Enchantress
    - Mephisto (For real)
    - Ultron
    - Kang
    - Thunderbolts (Beetle, Moonstone, Atlas, Zemo, Songbird)
    - Absorbing Man

Of course more would be good but that may be asking too much. I think Vision could be in a villain sector then be defeated and become a playable hero. However I kinda assume with how far into the Avengers' career this story is, Vision already is a hero somewhere.

As for this new expansion, maybe it'll be enough to keep it alive a little longer

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

For me I'd like to see A to C listers, like:
    - Red skull
    - Thanos (Might be too big right now)
    - Enchantress
    - Mephisto (For real)
    - Ultron
    - Kang
    - Thunderbolts (Beetle, Moonstone, Atlas, Zemo, Songbird)
    - Absorbing Man
    yeah same i think ultron and thanos might be too close to MCU fame for this. although maybe square enix can convince marvel to give them the license as a big PR boost for the game
    Last edited by The Gold Stream; 03-28-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

yeah same i think ultron and thanos might be too close to MCU fame for this. although maybe square enix can convince marvel to give them the license as a big PR boost for the game
    Ultron might be too MCU, although it's been a few years. Although I'd like all those villains to be in MCU too! I know Kang will be

The MCU connections might be what gets those guys into the game. Marvel wants this game to succeed, I assume, since it's good for the brand and they probably get a cut of the profits (no idea how the deal with Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics is set up but it's a safe assumption). With the game struggling like it is, rubbing some MCU into it seems like the easiest, fastest, safest way to generate some hype and revenue.

And they announced that the heroes will be getting MCU skins, so I feel like it's not terribly unreasonable to think that Ultron, at least, might show up. We've already got Hank in-game building all the Roy robots (creeps me out) and Ultron is just a step away from there.

As for the bad guys....like I said, I want to see some random encounters using D-list villains; foes who aren't big enough to get a full DLC and aren't interesting enough to deserve a villain sector mission.

Then we need a lot more villain sectors where I want some solid B-list villains; guys we're gonna be excited about fighting, who will put up a tough fight, but who aren't big enough to deserve a whole storyline.

And then we need more Big Bad, A+ -list bad guys to build full DLC's around.

I kind feel like we could do the same with the heroes, actually.....have some random encounters on a RNG where some minor hero like, I dunno, Squirrel Girl can show up to help out for ten minutes on a random mission.

And then some alternate hero skins, like a War Machine skin for Iron Man with its own voice actor, because getting a full roster of unique heroes seems pretty unlikely right now.

And then unique heroes with their own gear and leveling, who are really different from the rest of the roster.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I think MCU connections are fine as long as they use the good parts. Things like Hawkeye having no personality, Falcon having lame powers or Janet not actually being an Avenger and getting fridged aren't good MCU ideas for the game.

Hawkeye is definitely not like the MCU in the game. So I have no worries there. Janet being in anything would be nice. Especially with how featured Hank is. Who is also not like the MCU version.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Hawkeye is definitely not like the MCU in the game. So I have no worries there. Janet being in anything would be nice. Especially with how featured Hank is. Who is also not like the MCU version.
    Yeah, he's actually younger. I feel like the game could have him and Scott pretty easily as well as Jan

Might be interesting if Ant-Man and Wasp were a duo character where playing one means playing both and combo moves and tag-team attacks were built into the kit.

You'd get two heroes for the price of one and provide a play style that'd be completely unique. Either would be unique anyway, just due to their powers, but this would bring it to a whole new level.

Sorry, was watching Ant-Man 2 the other day and the scenes where they fight together are just so much fun, I want to see that in this game.

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Might be interesting if Ant-Man and Wasp were a duo character where playing one means playing both and combo moves and tag-team attacks were built into the kit.

You'd get two heroes for the price of one and provide a play style that'd be completely unique. Either would be unique anyway, just due to their powers, but this would bring it to a whole new level.

Sorry, was watching Ant-Man 2 the other day and the scenes where they fight together are just so much fun, I want to see that in this game.
    I think combos like that could be cool and should be an option, but I feel they deserve to be separate characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think combos like that could be cool and should be an option, but I feel they deserve to be separate characters
    They do, Hank and Jan are founding Avengers and that's often ignored in favor of Widow, Clint, and Cap.

And what I'm suggesting isn't too far from making two separate characters anyway; in my head I see a character where you can switch between controlling Ant-Man or controlling Wasp at any given time (while the other shrinks and flies around you), and while they'd share the same gear, skills, and movelist, you'd still have to create animations for both and program variances between them so they're not utterly identical (something like Ant-Man dealing primarily with DoT's while Wasp does more up-front damage, or one does more melee/range damage than the other or something). Not to mention creating vanities like skins and emotes with both.

So yeah, separate characters isn't likely much more effort than a combo-team character so the devs might as well give us two different characters....but I think it'd still be cool to get a combo team. And Hank and Janet would make for a quality one; husband and wife, similar and complimentary powers but with enough differences to make an impact in who you're controlling....it'd be fun but you're probably right and it's not a great call.

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They do, Hank and Jan are founding Avengers and that's often ignored in favor of Widow, Clint, and Cap.

And what I'm suggesting isn't too far from making two separate characters anyway; in my head I see a character where you can switch between controlling Ant-Man or controlling Wasp at any given time (while the other shrinks and flies around you), and while they'd share the same gear, skills, and movelist, you'd still have to create animations for both and program variances between them so they're not utterly identical (something like Ant-Man dealing primarily with DoT's while Wasp does more up-front damage, or one does more melee/range damage than the other or something). Not to mention creating vanities like skins and emotes with both.

So yeah, separate characters isn't likely much more effort than a combo-team character so the devs might as well give us two different characters....but I think it'd still be cool to get a combo team. And Hank and Janet would make for a quality one; husband and wife, similar and complimentary powers but with enough differences to make an impact in who you're controlling....it'd be fun but you're probably right and it's not a great call.
    Hank and Jan combo moves would be cool. and it is annoying to see two people with actual powers ignored for three who don't. If I play an Avengers game I want to actually use powers. Although Nat has some kind of invisibility power, which actually makes sense to me considering she was supposed to a spy in some incarnations