Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hank and Jan combo moves would be cool. and it is annoying to see two people with actual powers ignored for three who don't. If I play an Avengers game I want to actually use powers. Although Nat has some kind of invisibility power, which actually makes sense to me considering she was supposed to a spy in some incarnations
    Hawkeye and Kate translate easier to a video game than Hank and Jan. Archery mechanics is try and true in video games. How would you make Ant-Man and Wasp work in this type of game? How you balance out the shrinking powers and what it can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hawkeye and Kate translate easier to a video game than Hank and Jan. Archery mechanics is try and true in video games. How would you make Ant-Man and Wasp work in this type of game? How you balance out the shrinking powers and what it can do?
    Shapeshifting mechanics arent that difficult to imagine; they already have Ms. Marvel. Other games have been able to do it like Marvel Heroes and Future Fight. I can see similar moves translated to this game. Antman is essentially a brawler that can grow to augment his strength and shrink to evade attacks. He also can control an army of ants for projectile based attacks and movement. He can also throw random objects at enemies and make those grow in size for crowd attacks. Wasp can do the same thing as him but she can also fly and has bio-electric stingers. A build for her can be focused more on defense and support. Both of them I can see excelling in stealth missions
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-02-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Idk exactly how, tbh. But maybe while small, the whole "world" becomes bigger. Then you could fly or jump around a supersized world, but it only lasts a certain amount of time. The reverse happens when you become bigger.

I realize it's not easy. My point is it would be more fun than playing a type of hero common to most other games. This is supposed to be an Avengers game, so I'd like to see more superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shapeshifting mechanics arent that difficult to imagine; they already have Ms. Marvel. Other games have been able to do it like Marvel Heroes and Future Fight. I can see similar moves translated to this game. Antman is essentially a brawler that can grow to augment his strength and shrink to evade attacks. He also can control an army of ants for projectile based attacks and movement. He can also throw random objects at enemies and make those grow in size for crowd attacks. Wasp can do the same thing as him but she can also fly and has bio-electric stingers. A build for her can be focused more on defense and support. Both of them I can see excelling in stealth missions
    That's what I'm talking about.

We already have a growth ability in Ms. Marvel's Embiggen ultimate, a "hard to see" stealth ability in Widow's invisibility ultimate and a major artifact (forget which one), and shrinking heroes in other games to pull inspiration from, including Atom in Injustice 2 and Ant-Man himself in Disney Infinity. Not to mention the MCU, which has influenced a lot of the rosters' animations and movelists.

I'd imagine the Pyms' shrinking power would be used as a intrinsic ability here; either providing a low-grade stealth or reducing hit box size (or increase miss chance of enemy attacks, however this game codes such things). Add some quick, in-and-out size changing for stuff like dodging, combo finishers, and signature attacks, and you'll end up with a Ant-Man and Wasp who change size constantly, as well as a reliable intrinsic mechanic to make it feel impactful.

I figure Ant-Man would, at default, be focused on melee while Wasp is focused on ranged. Ant-Man's ranged options might have limited reach (like Ms. Marvel's ranged punches) and include things like sending a swarm of ants at enemies, maybe doing DoT's and/or burst AoE. Wasp's ranged might be a combo of Widow and Tony; a standard blast, a cone-effect full auto, and a sustained laser. Ant-Man's big ultimate would probably be going Giant Man and just reskin Ms. Marvel's Embiggen, his other two would likely involve summoning large amounts of ants to slow/debuff (support ultimate) or bite (attack ultimate) your foes. Wasp's attack and/or big ultimate would just be her going ham with the stingers, her support ultimate maybe a boost to willpower, heroic charge, or intrinsic meter.

They'd both fly, of course. And because they shrink when they do, the devs would have to figure out how that works and whether it provides an actual benefit or if it's just visual. But that's really the only possible serious hangup I can think of.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We already have a growth ability in Ms. Marvel's Embiggen ultimate, a "hard to see" stealth ability in Widow's invisibility ultimate and a major artifact (forget which one), and shrinking heroes in other games to pull inspiration from, including Atom in Injustice 2 and Ant-Man himself in Disney Infinity. Not to mention the MCU, which has influenced a lot of the rosters' animations and movelists.

I'd imagine the Pyms' shrinking power would be used as a intrinsic ability here; either providing a low-grade stealth or reducing hit box size (or increase miss chance of enemy attacks, however this game codes such things). Add some quick, in-and-out size changing for stuff like dodging, combo finishers, and signature attacks, and you'll end up with a Ant-Man and Wasp who change size constantly, as well as a reliable intrinsic mechanic to make it feel impactful.

I figure Ant-Man would, at default, be focused on melee while Wasp is focused on ranged. Ant-Man's ranged options might have limited reach (like Ms. Marvel's ranged punches) and include things like sending a swarm of ants at enemies, maybe doing DoT's and/or burst AoE. Wasp's ranged might be a combo of Widow and Tony; a standard blast, a cone-effect full auto, and a sustained laser. Ant-Man's big ultimate would probably be going Giant Man and just reskin Ms. Marvel's Embiggen, his other two would likely involve summoning large amounts of ants to slow/debuff (support ultimate) or bite (attack ultimate) your foes. Wasp's attack and/or big ultimate would just be her going ham with the stingers, her support ultimate maybe a boost to willpower, heroic charge, or intrinsic meter.

They'd both fly, of course. And because they shrink when they do, the devs would have to figure out how that works and whether it provides an actual benefit or if it's just visual. But that's really the only possible serious hangup I can think of.
    I like these ideas. I think the benefit of shrinking could be to dodge attacks, and possibly fit into small spaces in some kind of extra Ant-Man & Wasp DLC

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

might have to reinstall theyre adding superior iron man skin

IMG_20210403_181816.jpg

Ultimate Member

Does Iron Man have any other extra abilities besides the basic power set?

Does Iron Man have any other extra abilities besides the basic power set?
    Not really sure what you mean by "basic power set."

Tony has a regular compliment of lasers, repulsor blasts, and missiles that you can cycle through for his ranged options. His support ultimate involves dropping a dome forcefield, his attack ultimate is his chest canon blast, and his big ultimate involves summoning the Hulkbuster, which can actually be piloted by anybody, not just Tony.

There's talents that let you create a smaller force field, and improve/enhance your ranged ammunition, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting (Tony isn't my main).

And this isn't really a "Iron Man" thing because anyone can get this gear, but the SHIELD faction vendor sells stuff that has a reactive missile attack; if you perform a perfect dodge or get a ranged critical hit or whatever (changes depending on the particular piece of gear), a little missile will shoot out and hit the same target. The SHIELD vendor sells stuff with this effect for every hero so it doesn't really count as a Tony specific thing, but it *is* very fitting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not really sure what you mean by "basic power set."

Tony has a regular compliment of lasers, repulsor blasts, and missiles that you can cycle through for his ranged options. His support ultimate involves dropping a dome forcefield, his attack ultimate is his chest canon blast, and his big ultimate involves summoning the Hulkbuster, which can actually be piloted by anybody, not just Tony.

There's talents that let you create a smaller force field, and improve/enhance your ranged ammunition, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting (Tony isn't my main).

And this isn't really a "Iron Man" thing because anyone can get this gear, but the SHIELD faction vendor sells stuff that has a reactive missile attack; if you perform a perfect dodge or get a ranged critical hit or whatever (changes depending on the particular piece of gear), a little missile will shoot out and hit the same target. The SHIELD vendor sells stuff with this effect for every hero so it doesn't really count as a Tony specific thing, but it *is* very fitting.
    Thanks. By basic power set I mean strength/durability/flight/speed/heat ray

Thanks. By basic power set I mean strength/durability/flight/speed/heat ray
    Oh okay, my bad.

I dunno what Tony's basic stats are, but I think he starts out as a jack-of-all-trades kind of build; a "good at everything but master of nothing" type of deal. But pretty much everyone can be built for melee, or range, or tanking, depending on the talents you pick and the gear you use.

Iron Man flies, of course, and some levels have certain barriers where you have to either hack a terminal to open a door, or can break the door down; everyone can do one or the other but not both, and Tony hacks.

As for speed, everyone moves at roughly the same pace. The fact that Tony can fly, and therefore go in a straight line instead of parkouring over the terrain, makes him faster than most, but for all practical purposes nobody's really that much slower or faster than anyone else. Same goes for strength; Tony isn't going to pick up a car and throw it, but you can't do that with Hulk either, so the only real way to gauge is to look at melee damage, where Tony starts off in a good place but doesn't rank up there with Thor or Hulk.

You said you don't have the game right? If you decide to pick it up, Tony's a good character to level once you finish the campaign mission (where your character choice is made for you, and you'll get to play everyone at various points). But really, I don't think there's a "bad" option for learning the ropes other than Hulk, who needs some levels before he starts to feel good.

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Thanks a lot. I've heard of mixed reviews about the game but maybe I'll check it out after Black Panther and Spider-Man.

Although everyone moving at the same speed seems odd to me.

they have to alter thor and IM's speed a little otherwise itd be too much of an advantage compared to everyone else since they can ignore terrain + melee enemies for the most part, although even for flyers there is a 'traveling speed' and a slower 'in-combat' speed

that said a lot of enemy NPCs have homing attacks so in-combat with groups can still tag airborne heroes easily enough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    they have to alter thor and IM's speed a little otherwise itd be too much of an advantage compared to everyone else since they can ignore terrain + melee enemies for the most part, although even for flyers there is a 'traveling speed' and a slower 'in-combat' speed

that said a lot of enemy NPCs have homing attacks so in-combat with groups can still tag airborne heroes easily enough
    I understand that. I just think when creating a game based on a comic with different levels of heroes, at some point they should accept some heroes will do things better than others. But I realize it can't always be easy

well functionally, especially in the larger levels, thor/IM players generally reach the map objectives sooner anyway. but in close-quarters the in-combat speeds make any differences negligible

that said honestly quicksilver or someone would be cool using speed as their attacks

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    well functionally, especially in the larger levels, thor/IM players generally reach the map objectives sooner anyway. but in close-quarters the in-combat speeds make any differences negligible

that said honestly quicksilver or someone would be cool using speed as their attacks
    Yeah, I'd like to play as Quicksilver in a game and do some kind of speed blitz attack. I think it would also be kinda cool if he had his weird Son of M time power, but that might be too much