Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1026

Im honestly surprised this game never made it to PS Plus. Its a Square-Enix game and that publisher has been a support of Plus. Not to mention Marvel's partnerships with Sony with exclusive games as well as content for this game

If anyone still cares, Jane Foster's Mighty Thor will be joining the roster this coming Tuesday, the 28th.

Apparently she's from the multiverse. On her world, Odin went crazy and destroyed Asgard. Jane and Loki team up to defeat him and afterwards Loki then throws her into a multiversal portal, which is how she comes into the game.

Seen some skins. Her basic skin is vaguely similar to the game's standard Thor costume, which seems fitting (though I think Jane's is a better design). There's also a very comics accurate Thor skin as well as a Valkyrie one (both of which look really good), as well as a skin from that 70's What If? issue where Jane becomes Thor instead of Blake.

I haven't seen any gameplay yet but she's just a Thor echo so I doubt there's much to her that's new. Different Ultimates probably, maybe a few other minor tweaks if we're lucky.

Can't say I'm impressed, honestly. It's been what, at least six months since PlayStation got Spidey, and almost a year since T'Challa? All that time without a new character and all we get is a copy of an established hero? Supposedly She-Hulk has been ready to go for ages but they delayed just for the sake of synergy with the show, as if they couldn't have pushed a tie-in with her already in-game.

Month or two back, Thor picked up a glitch where I couldn't use his intrinsic Odinforce ability while attacking. He's my main, built around that ability, and it really killed my enjoyment playing him. So I stopped playing. Logged in last week to play an Event that dropped Apex gear (I like that set for several of the heroes) and found that Thor was working properly again, but now all the non-fliers can fly. Never had much of a problem with bugs and glitches in the game before, and it's weird that I'm seeing them now after so many updates designed to fix those things. So I knocked out the Event and haven't played since.

I think whatever window of opportunity this game had to turns things around has closed. All the momentum we had with Wakanda dried up long ago, and even if the devs did make the changes/additions necessary to turn this into a great game, I don't think players would care anymore. Shame, this game could have been pretty great, and a lot of it *is* good, but a year without a major content/hero drop? Game's a zombie; dead already but still walking around.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jane Thor deep dive. Plays pretty similar to Thor, with a few differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjz6fFQSJc
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Jane Thor deep dive. Plays pretty similar to Thor, with a few differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjz6fFQSJc
    That's a very Jane Foster promotion, so good job on that front .

Twitch Prime Gaming has some Thor goods this month. Includes a Thor costume and some other goodies.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

So I leveled Jane. Went pretty quick, got her to level 50 within a week, power level 150 less than a week after that. No consumables, and I didn't play a ton, though I did run a mission or two almost each day. That was nice. Still putting together a proper gearset for her, but all her gear are exotics and her stats are more or less where I want them.

For anyone worried she was gonna be 95% a pure copy of Thor, the good news is that she's only a 90% copy of Thor. The bad news.....is that she's 90% a copy of Thor.

Only about 3 real differences I've noticed in her standard kit from the Odinson; her standard light attacks throw the hammer a few feet in front of her, her intrinsic works slightly differently, and she has a different Ultimate Heroic.

Light attacks are good; gives her a little reach and the hammer hits on its way back too. Good for crit% builds. Plays nicely with Jane's more controlled, finesse-based use of the hammer from the comics. But unless you use that specific "light/light/light" combo you're not gonna ever see it. Same kind of light attack Cap uses during his Ultimate too, I noticed.

Her intrinsic overcharge gives her the "god storm" buff, which deals a little AoE burst damage on every thrown attack. And it charges quasi-separately from the "call lightning bolts" regular intrinsic ability. It's a cool skill, but not one you'll see much if you melee focus.

For an Ultimate, she throws the hammer (doing cone AoE and knockback), which then flies around the area attacking people, just like Clint's Ultimate Heroic. While Mjolnir is flying about hitting people, Jane summons the All-Weapon (her Valkyrie mace from the comics) so you're not fighting unarmed the whole time. The All-Weapon, of course, functions exactly like Mjolnir.

Not sure, but I think Jane's hammer will stray further from it's return path after being thrown, to have a better chance of hitting enemies. Thor has a gear piece that provides the same benefit but I think Jane gets it for free, or maybe it's in her skill trees and I forgot I had selected it. Again, plays to her unique usage of Mjolnir and it's a welcome tweak, but not one that really stands out much unless you focus on it.

Other than that, Jane's kit is pure Thor. In some ways, it's better than I thought it'd be, but in other ways it's worse. I expected to see one element replaced, in full, with that of another character. Like (example), they'd remove Thor's ranged attacks (hammer throw) completely, and instead give Jane a "lighting" themed copy of Iron Man's weapon systems. Something like that. What we got feels more original and honest to Jane's character than the single "mix n match" ability I was expecting. And maybe if we weighed that against what we got, it'd equal out to about the same. But the changes are so small, so spread out, they barely feel like they're there at all. And Thor's fighting style is so distinctive, it's hard to make Jane feel different even when you're using the abilities they changed and a different fighting style from how you play Thor. Ranged Thor feels as much like Thor as melee Thor, yknow? Light combo Thor feels as much like Thor as heavy combo Thor.

Haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but Jane's skill trees do seem a little more varied and that helps her feel more unique, but not much. She feels more ranged friendly than the Odinson, but a lot of stuff overlaps.

What I've seen of her gear is all identical to Thor's, with the exception of a change to the Ultimate which adds an ice hazard to the cone AoE when you throw the hammer. I dig it.

Her skins are highly limited. Only one on the marketplace, a direct copy of her comics costume. In her challenge card; one recolor (black) of her standard skin. Two versions of her standard skin without helmet or cape. Two Valkyrie skins; one gold, the other comics-accurate silver. Gold Valkyrie is the first thing you get in the card (which is appreciated greatly), assuming you've unlocked the thing with marketplace cash. Emotes are mostly Thor's, with a few unique ones and one I swear was taken from Captain America.

No story content at all. You get a motion comic scene explaining her arrival, which they released with the marketing. Nothing else. What you get is a mission chain; do X things so many times. Complete Y missions of this type. Generic stuff. Haven't finished that yet but far as I know you don't even get a new artifact. Jane doesn't even appear on the loading screen, when it's cycling through the roster. It is super bull shitty. Voice acting and dialogue is all pretty good though, I enjoy her interactions with the rest of the roster, though she doesn't appear in Wakanda's HQ with the rest of the roster.

She's just an echo, but I expected her to get at least as much content as the PS exclusive Spidey. I was wrong.

I think Jane was a poor choice for an echo character. They should've done Yelena instead; Black Widow has enough variety in her kit, and is less distinctive in her style; you could have easily built a Yelena echo that felt different from Natasha. Jane and Thor? Two big blonde lightning throwing Vikings with hammers? She needed more changes than she got to feel in any way unique. Clint and Kate feel more different than Jane and Thor, by miles.

And rumor is that Bucky is next up, and he *won't* be a echo of anyone. Not sure what the deal with She-Hulk is, if this is true. But while I've enjoyed playing a bit to get Jane up to snuff, if this is the best the devs can roll out the game well and truly is doomed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    We all saw it coming didn't we?

Real shame, there was a good game buried in there somewhere.

Oh, Winter Soldier did launch a few weeks back in case anyone missed it and still gives a damn. There's some overlap between him and Steve and Natasha but he's not an echo by any stretch, he's got his own playstyle and abilities and doesn't feel like Steve or Nat at all, despite some similarity. Actually a really fun character to play; I logged in to check him out and was quite pleased.

His marketplace support is a lot better than what Jane got too, though he doesn't have any kind of intro quest either, just another generic "do X things Y times" kind of chain that eventually unlocks his iconic skin (which looks pretty good). I guess the Cloning Lab raid thing is where he shows up but I solo the game and don't have anyone at power level 175 so I can't play it. That's right, you can access and play Bucky before you can rescue him in-story.

Think we all knew this game wasn't gonna make it very far without a lot of effort and clearly that effort wasn't made.

I have no idea what the rights look like, is there a chance a studio like Insomniac could get their hands on the Avengers?

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    Welp...they tried.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We all saw it coming didn't we?

Real shame, there was a good game buried in there somewhere.

Oh, Winter Soldier did launch a few weeks back in case anyone missed it and still gives a damn. There's some overlap between him and Steve and Natasha but he's not an echo by any stretch, he's got his own playstyle and abilities and doesn't feel like Steve or Nat at all, despite some similarity. Actually a really fun character to play; I logged in to check him out and was quite pleased.

His marketplace support is a lot better than what Jane got too, though he doesn't have any kind of intro quest either, just another generic "do X things Y times" kind of chain that eventually unlocks his iconic skin (which looks pretty good). I guess the Cloning Lab raid thing is where he shows up but I solo the game and don't have anyone at power level 175 so I can't play it. That's right, you can access and play Bucky before you can rescue him in-story.

Think we all knew this game wasn't gonna make it very far without a lot of effort and clearly that effort wasn't made.

I have no idea what the rights look like, is there a chance a studio like Insomniac could get their hands on the Avengers?
    There was a funny moment between Winter Soldier and Spider-Man where Spider-Man introduced him to Dungeons and Dragons. Funny little scene I found on Twitter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The article says the plan was always to support it for only 3 to 5 years. So its not as nefarious as they are making it sound.

Anyway, I booted this game up for the first time to play Winter Soldier. The game is fine. Im enjoying it, but i understand player complaints about it. To a point at least. Its not as bad as some make it seem. Mission design is weak and repetitive, the online experience is not good (Functionally is very poor all around), but the combat is decent and the character design is very good. Campaign was ok, the story was kind eeh as i didn't realize this game was part of Marvels failed Inhuman push. Interesting choice to center the story around Ms. Marvel. Which bring me to my probably biggest disappointment. The roster after all this time is surprisingly weak. Its seems to me the plan was to only release new characters with campaign expansions. Which i think that was very misguided and made for to slow a roll out. Anyone play Warframe. If you ask me from the start they should have rolled out characters like Warframe does frames. Some with story expansions, but a lot of they just drop in. I think how they did Bucky was fine. Its better for the character to exist in the game even if they don't have a story expansion.

Oh, and this is a Bucky specific gripe. His voice acting is terrible. So over dramatic and loud, so woe is me. He literally screams his audio logs. Its ridiculous. I get it, he's tortured. But a little more subtlety would have gone a long way. And less simping for Steve.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-11-2022 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There was a funny moment between Winter Soldier and Spider-Man where Spider-Man introduced him to Dungeons and Dragons. Funny little scene I found on Twitter.
    Ha! Yeah I got that interaction.

Anyone else having a glitch where Bucky is standing around in the helicarrier while you're playing him? I rarely/never got the buys and glitches everyone bitched about when the game first launched, but I got this one. So now me and my son scream about Bucky's evil clone hiding out right under Fury's nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The article says the plan was always to support it for only 3 to 5 years. So its not as nefarious as they are making it sound.
    That's old hat for this game. Things have never been as nefarious as people made it sound, but blasting this game has become a hobby for a surprising amount of people. And yeah, the devs will likely hit their 3-5 year mark, if barely, so....good for them I guess? Still, damn shame that appears to be all we'll get. Glad I didn't spend more money on this.

Oh, and this is a Bucky specific gripe. His voice acting is terrible. So over dramatic and loud, so woe is me. He literally screams his audio logs. Its ridiculous. I get it, he's tortured. But a little more subtlety would have gone a long way. And less simping for Steve.
    lol makes me glad I haven't bothered listening to the audio files. Definitely not gonna bother now.

Maybe it's the voice actor thinking that Bucky's from the 40's, so maybe he doesn't realize how sensitive modern microphones are?
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-12-2022 at 04:14 PM.

~ Black Panther.

This game gets a lot of flak but I have enjoyed what I have played of it. I havnt played any of the extra stuff. Just working on the main story right now. But I am having fun with it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And Natasha is literally right there!

Ultimate Member

Funny enough, I’ve largely enjoyed Marvel’s Avengers.

It’s not a perfect game but for some reason some folks in the gaming space wanted it dead.

The game plays fine, the campaign and it’s expansions were fine. My complaint about the game is the whole live service thing, it’s extremely difficult to get back into the game once you stop playing for a while.

Accessing missions is a total mess.