Default Dr. Manhattan vs. The Beyonder

This is the beyonder from secret wars II

BANNED

I’d give it to the beyonder

But Manhattan was pretty impressive lately.. but the fact he’s afraid of Superman is eh.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Classic Beyonder is a bit of a gold standard in terms of high tier cosmics. I'd back him.

I haven't read anything of Dr. Manhattan outside of the original Watchmen. Unless he's gotten a huge powerup since then I can't back the guy. He's impressive but he's not Make-high-end-comic-entities-sit-up-and-beg impressive.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I haven't read anything of Dr. Manhattan outside of the original Watchmen. Unless he's gotten a huge powerup since then I can't back the guy. He's impressive but he's not Make-high-end-comic-entities-sit-up-and-beg impressive.
    He's gotten a big push in the Doomsday Clock thing that DC has been doing, making a bunch of universal moves or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Mxy admitted he works on a higher tier than him,he has dissected magic and cast it back,drained gardner's ring. He even messed with shazams lightning

BANNED

Then I don’t get why he fears Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Then I don’t get why he fears Superman
    He doesn't fear Superman, he never has

Ultimate Member

We’ll probably need to see the end of Doomsday Clock to know what’s Dr Manhattan’s complete scale.

That being said, he’s been operating on an extremely high scale. He appears to be altering the entire DC existence.

The whole Superman punch thing is odd. But then again, DC is treating the “Superman punch” like a “protected finisher” and no one can no-sell it. Even Multiversal beings get downed by it (although that’s with a lot of caveats).

BANNED

He destroyed a full multiverses level threats too did he not and was just toying with the timeline.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on with the Doc? When did a Watchman character suddenly become relevant again in the DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    He destroyed a full multiverses level threats too did he not and was just toying with the timeline.

Eh......Not really. Pandora only has the one multiverse feat in an Alternate Future, not in Earth Zero.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what is going on with the Doc? When did a Watchman character suddenly become relevant again in the DC?
    He's been the villain of a recent crossover event called Doomsday Clock. And some amount of the various continuity reboots since Flashpoint seem to be due to his meddling in the timeline.