Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Fair enough bud. I'm inclined to leave this one alone.

We also are in a really niche thread. There are so many qualifiers on the fight to even make this a relevant topic when we have disabled powers on both sides.
    Exactly. And it's always good to have a debate with you, even if we don't agree.

Edit: In fact, it seems like either way Rich's tactic to an easy win in the speed equalized fight relies on World Mind. So I think we can all agree Supes wins the speed fight, and Worldmind wins Richie the second. Without Worldmind to run calculations and equal speed, this basically becomes a punch up, which at least seems like an actual fight. So maybe that's more worth focusing on?

And yes, that one-line summary seems to explain it pretty well.

To continue on from there, yanking Worldmind and going with the idea that Rich CANNOT do a pin trick without Worldmind (or at all), I'd probably favor Kal-El in an eventual war of attrition, if only because he'll need to sleep before Supes will, based on their general abilities. He can pour a ton of power into defense, a level of power that has let him take shots above Clark's durability and ability to dish out, but if he does that, he's not fighting back at the "high-end class 100 level." With more balanced stuff, he can also hit hard enough to make Clark DEFINITELY feel it. Figure 6 or 7 out of ten for Supes? I could be underselling Rich here, but it seems fair. It's not a stomp, but I'd probably give Clark the edge just because he doesn't need to juggle offense and defense as much, and will likely fatigue more slowly or not at all.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Exactly. And it's always good to have a debate with you, even if we don't agree.

And yes, that one-line summary seems to explain it pretty well.

To continue on from there, yanking Worldmind and going with the idea that Rich CANNOT do a pin trick without Worldmind (or at all), I'd probably favor Kal-El in an eventual war of attrition, if only because he'll need to sleep before Supes will, based on their general abilities. He can pour a ton of power into defense, a level of power that has let him take shots above Clark's durability and ability to dish out, but if he does that, he's not fighting back at the "high-end class 100 level." With more balanced stuff, he can also hit hard enough to make Clark DEFINITELY feel it. Figure 6 or 7 out of ten for Supes? I could be underselling Rich here, but it seems fair. It's not a stomp, but I'd probably give Clark the edge just because he doesn't need to juggle offense and defense as much, and will likely fatigue more slowly or not at all.
    Right back at you dude. And your assessment of the slugfest sounds about right. The best attribute on post crisis Superman is his durability I reckon so while Rich can turtle putting the guy down seems hard.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Right back at you dude.
    *jealous tension rises*
    I can't help but feel as though I'm being replaced as primary "bro" with you two. ;P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It's okay Arby's, you still have Ocean Meat <3
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's okay Arby's, you still have Ocean Meat <3
    As long as you and alternate timeline earth 18 Pendaran remain loyal, I may find the strength to carry on from this loss xxx
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    As long as you and alternate timeline earth 18 Pendaran remain loyal, I may find the strength to carry on from this loss xxx
    While I can't speak for Pendaran18, I gotchu
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    While I can't speak for Pendaran18, I gotchu
    Us squids have to stick together.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Us squids have to stick together.
    Precisely.

It also means we have Nik Hasta, as well. I am his boat, see.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Pfft whatever big_adventure is like Broseidon, King of the Brocean.

Pfft whatever big_adventure is like Broseidon, King of the Brocean.
    Then a lot of animals use him as a toilet. You should probably get some chlorine, sterilize the bropool.

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This thread went odd places. Not saying it wasn't enjoyable.

*eats popcorn*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Oh man, I just opened this up and nearly collapsed laughing on the floor.

Then I slipped in the fish poop.

That's OK though, compared to kids, broceanic excrement barely counts.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

And as always the Duck sails gracefully on the surface and ignores the inveterate invertebrates and bottom-feeders that are, in every sense, beneath him. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And as always the Duck sails gracefully on the surface and ignores the inveterate invertebrates and bottom-feeders that are, in every sense, beneath him. ;p
    Means you're adding to the fish poop, though... Truly we have found the reason you are EEEVIL.

Arx Inosaan