Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To be fair, it seems WB is getting creamed with KoTM domestically. Which is a sad shame, easily this most fun I've had in the theater this year and also easily my movie of the year. It really deserves to do better than it's doing. Like, a lot, lot better than it's doing.
    I would agree with you except for Endgame. Then KoTM would be second for me. My wife and I left the theaters fully entertained. Best Godzilla movie in decades.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    2017's summer had a lot of stinkers in there as well. So many franchise killers like Transformers The Last Knight, The Mummy, King Arthur, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Cars 4, Pirates, etc.

I think 2020 will even be worse for box office grosses. There won't be an Avengers in the summer, no Toy Story, no Spider-Man, no Lion King. Grim.
    I know I'm in the minority on this, but I liked The Mummy and Valerian.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Those are the same films I'm looking forward to as well, plus there's Godzilla vs Kong I'm pretty excited about, assuming it winds up in a summer slot (they're delaying it a bit, so uncertain about its new release although there's a lot of speculation suggesting August).
    Same here, although Godzilla should wipe the floor with him. But they'll let Kong get his licks in.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I know I'm in the minority on this, but I liked The Mummy and Valerian.
    So did I. 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

1 Avengers: Endgame Disney

For me, the only movie I saw this summer (defined as April 26 through September 2) was Avengers: Endgame. I'm sure I'll see many of the others on Blu-Ray or streaming eventually, but was not motivated to go trek out to the theaters for them.

So, what did YOU think of Summer 2019? Was it a great summer for you in terms of moviegoing? Which Summer films did you end up seeing?
    Avenger: Endgame was a absolute must see.

My devotion to Godzilla is being passed on to my children due to my excellent parenting skills. I also immensely enjoyed ALITA: Battle Angel & my daughter got into it as well. Unfortunately, I go conned into Men In Black & yeah, that franchise is dead.

Regrettably, somehow I missed Brightburn.