I honestly can't think of any other hero beyond Wonder Woman that has had this amount of supporting cast "shifts." Of course we have our mainstays like Steve, Etta, and Hippolyta. But it seems like each time a writer comes on to the book, we get new supporting characters that often seem to overshadow the titular character (and more often than not, intentional by the writer).

These "pet characters" are usually only used by the writer and then never seen or heard from again, or very sparingly. And obviously it's not just the supporting cast - Wondy's rogues gallery has also suffered from this "One Hit Wonder" effect with Genocide, Devastation, The Morrigan, First Born, White Magician, etc.

As for supporting casts, this isn't really anything new, but does seem to be specific to Wonder Woman. Post-Crisis, we've had the likes of Julia & Vanessa Kapatelis (far more vital to the overall WW series and far less appreciated for what they brought to the comic, IMO), Ed Indelicato, Mike Schorr, Helena Sandsmark, the Embassy crew, Ferdinand (more of a mainstay than most others), Nemesis and the DMA folks, the gorilla warriors, Zola, Lennox and the New 52 duds, the Echo-Alpha team that has been basically replaced by the WW movie characters, Jason (by far the worst culprit of the Supporting-Character-Overshadowing-WW)... the list goes on. Not to mention the amount of Amazons that constantly change.

The most recent example of this is Maggie, who we see overshadowing Diana in the preview for Wonder Woman #72.

I get that each writer wants to leave their mark on the series, but does that always have to involve ditching what has come before it? Does any other hero get treated like this? Maybe I'm just stuck in my own little Wonder Woman bubble since that's really all I read at DC nowadays, but this seems to be a recurring theme.