Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Return of the Ultimate Universe?

Interesting news about Miles Morales: Spider-Man #10 (LGY #250) here:

Is Miles going home? They talk about the Ultimate Universe being back, and I'm pretty sure that's Ultimate Green Goblin on that cover!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Is Miles going home? They talk about the Ultimate Universe being back, and I'm pretty sure that's Ultimate Green Goblin on that cover!
    I'm all for the Ultimate Green Goblin showing up, but I think the Ultimate Universe should stay dead. There just isn't room for an AU at this point, even one that was so successful for so long. Plus, that whole universe was just so badly deconstructed in the final years. I don't think it can ever recover.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...this-september

It's Miles' 250th solo issue! And just in time for the legacy number milestone, it’s Miles’ Birthday!

The Ultimate Universe comes back to haunt Miles... Who is Ultimatum and how does he have the Ultimate Green Goblin in his thrall?!
    While I would like to say that someone has maybe found a way to tap into whatever remnant of the Ultimate Universe made it's way to the "616" I still just can't get past how dumb it looks that Marvel is calling this the 250th solo Miles issue.

BANNED

I started a thread a while ago asking if it would be nice to see Ultimate Peter meeting 616 Peter.
    Ultimate Goblin might be heralding this meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...this-september

While I would like to say that someone has maybe found a way to tap into whatever remnant of the Ultimate Universe made it's way to the "616" I still just can't get past how dumb it looks that Marvel is calling this the 250th solo Miles issue.
    Yeah, it's issue 250 of Ultimate Spider-Man, not Miles Morales.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess this is the math they used to get to "legacy #250"

Ultimate Spider-Man (2000) #1-53
    Ultimate Six #1-7 (2003) (#54-60)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (2000) #54-133 (#61-140)
    Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem (2009) #1-2 (#141-142)
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (2009) #1-15 (#143-157)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (2000) #150-160 (#158-168)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) #1-28 (#169-196)
    Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man (2013) #1-3 (#197-199)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (2000) #200
    Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man (2014) #1-12 (#201-212)
    Spider-Man (2016) #1-21 (#213-233)

Ugh, I swear this is the worst part about Marvel currently

Whoever at Marvel put a blushing emoji next to Peter's death issue to show that they totally botched the numbering on #150 back then should be CEO of the company. 133 + 15 is 148.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I may be in the minority, but I for one would not be that excited to see a return of the Ultimate Universe.

The initial appeal for me with regards to the Ultimate line was that it was a contemporary retelling of the Marvel Universe's characters that wasn't bogged down by 40+ years of continuity. That somehow got skewed into a "anything can happen!" mindset that wound up muddling the Ultimate continuity and characters within a handful of years of its existence, to the point that it became at times even more confusing than the 616 universe. After Ultimatum the only Ultimate book I continued to read was Spider-Man, and then Bendis' wound up killing him off too, so that made me give up the Ultimate line altogether (nothing against Miles, mind you).

So I would say that the Ultimate line is best left in the past.