Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default September Absolute Carnage Cover, Including Tie-Ins.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...ins-september/

One of the main things I take from this, is that Demogoblin is back... and has boobs.

PICTURED: Carnage-infused Devin Lewis beating up and forcing Spencer to join the event while God Nick Lowe watches from afar.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I can't wait for Lethal Protectors.

-Pav, who's always had a soft spot for Demogoblin...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

What the heck? Why is Ottley not drawing ASM? What's going on?

I'm surprised Spencer is actually writing this and they're not pulling a Venom and having someone else do the event tie-in. And yeah, it's weird Ottley isn't writing the issue (and in fact they don't even have an artist listed yet) but if I had to guess they didn't want to use him on an event, I also don't think they would make this Patrick Gleason's first issues either.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm surprised Spencer is actually writing this and they're not pulling a Venom and having someone else do the event tie-in. And yeah, it's weird Ottley isn't writing the issue (and in fact they don't even have an artist listed yet) but if I had to guess they didn't want to use him on an event, I also don't think they would make this Patrick Gleason's first issues either.
    It's also a weak cover just conceptually for Ottley. He usually has much more dynamic motion and figures for this. It's well drawn, but not eye catching.
    I personally hope Absolute Carnage doesn't derail Spencer's plans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I personally hope Absolute Carnage doesn't derail Spencer's plans.
    It's just a tie-in. No need to panic.

Absolute Carnage is so big that it would be weird if ASM didn't connect with it. I'm sure Spencer will have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's just a tie-in. No need to panic.

Absolute Carnage is so big that it would be weird if ASM didn't connect with it. I'm sure Spencer will have fun with it.
    No one's panicking. The only concern I have is them not using the artist(s) that they hired for the job. We've had five or so fill-in artists despite the rotating team of Ottley, Ramos (who just left), and now Gleason (who just joined). That's worrying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No one's panicking. The only concern I have is them not using the artist(s) that they hired for the job. We've had five or so fill-in artists despite the rotating team of Ottley, Ramos (who just left), and now Gleason (who just joined). That's worrying.
    When it comes to a tie-in, no, it's not that worrying. It's very possible that ASM will have three issues out in September, two that continue the main storyline and this tie-in issue, which would obviously require another artist coming in.

The art on ASM has been of consistently high quality so I've been happy with the choices they've been making.

There was a fill-in artist on Hunted because clearly Ramos couldn't possibly draw all those issues in a row but I'm glad they went with an artist who's style is comparable to Ramos' so the switch wouldn't be jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    When it comes to a tie-in, no, it's not that worrying. It's very possible that ASM will have three issues out in September, two that continue the main storyline and this tie-in issue, which would obviously require another artist coming in.

The art on ASM has been of consistently high quality so I've been happy with the choices they've been making.

There was a fill-in artist on Hunted because clearly Ramos couldn't possibly draw all those issues in a row but I'm glad they went with an artist who's style is comparable to Ramos' so the switch wouldn't be jarring.
    To each their own. I miss the days of a single consistent creative team, especially with Spider-Man.

TBD is real busy that month

None of these tie ins appeal to me tbh
    We need better comics

They probably just asked Nick to do it to lift up the event and he saw it as a chance to write symbiotes, avoiding a situation like how Dan had to wait a million years to write them.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #1 will be the comic book i will be getting besides the Absolute Carnage limited series and Venom and Amazing Spider-Man.

.... so is Carnage basically going to win? Oh, well...

iMan 42s

The only thing I find interesting here is the new Demogoblin..., but then again it's yet another goblin and with the typical "give it ****" revamp.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.