Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The only thing I find interesting here is the new Demogoblin..., but then again it's yet another goblin and with the typical "give it ****" revamp.
    Demogoblin is a fun enough surprise, but Iron Fist and Morbius being featured together is a huge draw for me as well!

-Pav, who hopes we get "cool Morbius" and not "pathetic Morbius"...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I can't wait for Lethal Protectors.

-Pav, who's always had a soft spot for Demogoblin...
    Me too, just wondering what the gender switch is all about, but I'll be grabbing that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    Me too, just wondering what the gender switch is all about, but I'll be grabbing that issue.
    It seems like maybe both Demogoblin and Scream will be obtaining new civilian identities, based on solicits. In regards to Demo, I have to imagine the demon will bond with a new (female) host.

The only person I can think of is Shriek, maybe? I mean, I like her aesthetic already, but maybe the thinking is she'll be more popular as a goblin. Or maybe Demo's new host is just something for this story only, and won't continue on indefinitely -- whether it's Shriek or anyone else.

-Pav, who'd prefer Phil Urich bond with Demogoblin before anyone else...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    To each their own. I miss the days of a single consistent creative team, especially with Spider-Man.
    When you double ship, and occasionally triple ship (as well as produce oversized issues on a semi-regular basis), that would be physically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    When you double ship, and occasionally triple ship (as well as produce oversized issues on a semi-regular basis), that would be physically impossible.
    Then don't double ship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Then don't double ship.
    And only have twelve issues a year?

You could, sure. But that doesn't make sense in today's market on a number of levels.

It's a dumb move financially and also creatively. Financially, you're not putting out enough product to satisfy consumers (or to bring revenue into the company) and creatively, you're denying writers a lot of real estate to develop storylines.

I get the nostalgia for the days of yesteryear when books came out at a slower pace and creative teams were under less pressure to produce. But that's not the world we live in now.

Given the reality of how much a flagship book needs to ship these days and the demands of debut issues and anniversary issues with additional pages and so on, I think ASM has been remarkably consistent.

I find it much more annoying when a book like Fantastic Four, which doesn't double ship, requires so many artists to come in and pinch hit.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 06-12-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    It seems like maybe both Demogoblin and Scream will be obtaining new civilian identities, based on solicits. In regards to Demo, I have to imagine the demon will bond with a new (female) host.

The only person I can think of is Shriek, maybe? I mean, I like her aesthetic already, but maybe the thinking is she'll be more popular as a goblin. Or maybe Demo's new host is just something for this story only, and won't continue on indefinitely -- whether it's Shriek or anyone else.

-Pav, who'd prefer Phil Urich bond with Demogoblin before anyone else...
    That makes a lot of sense, I think they plan on making her the primary female symbiote carrier, but maybe some other minor character, like Mania, will become the new Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, I think they plan on making her the primary female symbiote carrier, but maybe some other minor character, like Mania, will become the new Demo.
    Hey! Now there's an idea! Makes sense considering she already has demonic powers.

-Pav, who supposes we'll find out in a few months...

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    And only have twelve issues a year?

You could, sure. But that doesn't make sense in today's market on a number of levels.

It's a dumb move financially and also creatively. Financially, you're not putting out enough product to satisfy consumers (or to bring revenue into the company) and creatively, you're denying writers a lot of real estate to develop storylines.

I get the nostalgia for the days of yesteryear when books came out at a slower pace and creative teams were under less pressure to produce. But that's not the world we live in now.

Given the reality of how much a flagship book needs to ship these days and the demands of debut issues and anniversary issues with additional pages and so on, I think ASM has been remarkably consistent.

I find it much more annoying when a book like Fantastic Four, which doesn't double ship, requires so many artists to come in and pinch hit.
    It seems like you and I often disagree on a lot of things. So I'm just going to exit stage right.

So seeing as no one mentioned it, anyone else notice that Andi is on the Absolute Carnage cover as Mania among the other heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So seeing as no one mentioned it, anyone else notice that Andi is on the Absolute Carnage cover as Mania among the other heroes?
    I did : )))))
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate