Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Batman: The Animated Series has added a bunch of characters to the mainstream DCU with Harley Quinn, Lock-Up, Sewer King, Gray Ghost, Roxy Rocket, Veronica Vreeland and now Phantasm. I think Red Claw is the only one left that hasn't made it in that i would like to see.
    Condiment King was also created in Batman TAS, right?
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Empty is thy hand!

"She Awaits You" is obviously a reference to the quote from the movie, "Chuckie Sol, your angel of death awaits."

Personally, I'm not interested in Snyder's version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Condiment King was also created in Batman TAS, right?
    I believe he was. So Condiment King, Kyodi Ken, Nora Fries and Renee Montoya who was created for the show but appeared in comics first all came from Batman: The Animated Series as well.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-13-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Personally, I'm not interested in Snyder's version of the character.
    I thought it was King's?

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I thought it was King's?
    Yeah, it is. My mistake.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Tom King seems to know what will get me excited (like making Bane a proper villain again).

I could not be more excited about The Phantasm's entrance into main present DC canon.

As others have remarked, Andrea & Bruce's story did indeed first best address the question: Can Batman ever really find love?

I hope King keeps as much of the movie's story as he can (except maybe as it relates to pre-Joker).

zzzz14a.jpg
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Wonderful poster. When one of our local instant noodle brands ran a tie-in promo of stickers showing images from the "MotP" film back in the day. I lucked out getting a sticker showing the movie poster without the text (that, up there). It stayed on our old refrigerator right until it was junked.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I am so excited for this! King is my favourite Batman writer in a long time, I love Batman and Catwoman together, and Mask of the Phantasm is easily the best Batman movie of all time, so I can only expect great things.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It has been too long since I've seen the movie. I juts recall The Phantasm to be a lost love of Bruce who he would've married but didn't.
    Not sure how "She Awaits You" is any big clue that it might be the same person/chracter.
    She Awaits you is a variation of "Your angel of death awaits you." It's what she would say when she killed someone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I am so excited for this! King is my favourite Batman writer in a long time, I love Batman and Catwoman together, and Mask of the Phantasm is easily the best Batman movie of all time, so I can only expect great things.
    Disagree with the bolded, my personal opinion of course but I'd give nods for best Batman movie of all time to either Under the Red Hood or The Dark Knight Returns. Mask I put up there with Year One and Gotham by Gaslight in quality. Still great, just not quite the best.

Still excited to see Andrea introduced to the comic books though, sadly it's in a story I probably won't read.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    ....I hope King keeps as much of the movie's story as he can (except maybe as it relates to pre-Joker).
    Agreed, the pre-Joker bit was the one weak point IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Tom King seems to know what will get me excited (like making Bane a proper villain again).

I could not be more excited about The Phantasm's entrance into main present DC canon.

As others have remarked, Andrea & Bruce's story did indeed first best address the question: Can Batman ever really find love?

I hope King keeps as much of the movie's story as he can (except maybe as it relates to pre-Joker).

zzzz14a.jpg
    This should be relatively straightforward if they want it to be - the Joker's role in the movie isn't specific to the Joker's MO. They just need a mob boss with a hit man that's *someone* now (KGBeast, Deadshot, heck, Helena Bertinelli might qualify) if they want to hew closely to the movie. The person that killed Carl Beaumont doesn't even need to still be in the story, though - just the people that ordered the initial hit, since many other facets will be somewhat different (Bruce being involved w/someone else, for example).

All the flashback stuff can stay more or less intact, though, and I hope it does. Bruce thinking he cannot be Batman and be in love being informed by B:MotP's flashback material would be a fantastic retcon that I wholeheartedly support. Bruce finding clarity through Andrea would be a phenomenal ending to King's (mostly) entertaining run.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

While I'm not as fond of King as I used to be in light of everything surrounding HiC and what I hear about the remainder of his Batman run (though respectively: I can sense DiDio's hand in the former, and intend to trade wait the latter anyway, just lost interest in singles), using Andrea as the villain in this series is fucking awesome.

She is long overdue to be included in the main DCU, she's the best DCAU villain after Harley. And I hope they keep the film as is canon, including the Joker stuff. And maybe off some reasoning why she hasn't come back to try killing him again (or maybe that's what is in store?)

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    While I'm not as fond of King as I used to be in light of everything surrounding HiC and what I hear about the remainder of his Batman run (though respectively: I can sense DiDio's hand in the former, and intend to trade wait the latter anyway, just lost interest in singles), using Andrea as the villain in this series is fucking awesome.

She is long overdue to be included in the main DCU, she's the best DCAU villain after Harley. And I hope they keep the film as is canon, including the Joker stuff. And maybe off some reasoning why she hasn't come back to try killing him again (or maybe that's what is in store?)
    Wouldn't keeping the film as is while bringing it into the main DCU further mess up continuity? Not that I care for continuity, but many people here seem to be upset with how loose continuity has become already.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Wouldn't keeping the film as is while bringing it into the main DCU further mess up continuity? Not that I care for continuity, but many people here seem to be upset with how loose continuity has become already.
    Eh, maybe. Like you, I don't really care that much, especially since it's a better story than a lot of canon material.

I can't really think of a way it would interfere with anything if the broad strokes were carried over, though. What would it contradict?