Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It has been too long since I've seen the movie. I juts recall The Phantasm to be a lost love of Bruce who he would've married but didn't.
    Not sure how "She Awaits You" is any big clue that it might be the same person/chracter.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It has been too long since I've seen the movie. I juts recall The Phantasm to be a lost love of Bruce who he would've married but didn't.
    Not sure how "She Awaits You" is any big clue that it might be the same person/chracter.
    In the film, she was someone Bruce fell for in his early vigilante days, and decided to give up the dream and propose to her. But then she has to leave because of her dad, and the anger about losing her is what inspires him to fully become Batman.

I originally didn't think that "She Awaits You" was directly referring to her, but now really looking at it, it makes way too much sense to not be her. Especially how much their story both parallels and contrasts current Bat/Cat's arc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    In the film, she was someone Bruce fell for in his early vigilante days, and decided to give up the dream and propose to her. But then she has to leave because of her dad, and the anger about losing her is what inspires him to fully become Batman.

I originally didn't think that "She Awaits You" was directly referring to her, but now really looking at it, it makes way too much sense to not be her. Especially how much their story both parallels and contrasts current Bat/Cat's arc.
    Having them face a crazy ex of his is kind of a rehash of the Talia stuff though. Selina has to fight Talia, now this, on top of the Wonder Woman thing and him kissing Jessica in the JL book, I think Bruce ought to have to face some obsessed ex of hers just to even things out.

How very interesting. I've always loved the Phantasm concept. Mask of the Phantasm is one of my all-time favorite Batman stories in any medium. I'm not going to lie this teaser might just make me lift my King embargo.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-12-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Having them face a crazy ex of his is kind of a rehash of the Talia stuff though. Selina has to fight Talia, now this, on top of the Wonder Woman thing and him kissing Jessica in the JL book, I think Bruce ought to have to face some obsessed ex of hers just to even things out.
    Only Talia is an ex. The other examples were just random and felt like forced awkwardness.

EDIT: You might end up getting your wish, since Selina seems to be getting hot and heavy on another guy in her solo. Maybe Bruce is going to be the crazy ex.
    Last edited by TravelerInTheDark; 06-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Batman: The Animated Series has added a bunch of characters to the mainstream DCU with Harley Quinn, Lock-Up, Sewer King, Gray Ghost, Roxy Rocket, Veronica Vreeland and now Phantasm. I think Red Claw is the only one left that hasn't made it in that i would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Batman: The Animated Series has added a bunch of characters to the mainstream DCU with Harley Quinn, Lock-Up, Sewer King, Gray Ghost, Roxy Rocket, Veronica Vreeland and now Phantasm. I think Red Claw is the only one left that hasn't made it in that i would like to see.
    I hope they someday add Red Claw as well. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    King said on Twitter earlier today its not going to be just a retread of the Talia stuff, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about in that aspect.

Has the Judge ever been in a comic? Because that's a really cool concept I'd love to see implemented.

King said on Twitter earlier today its not going to be just a retread of the Talia stuff, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about in that aspect.

Has the Judge ever been in a comic? Because that's a really cool concept I'd love to see implemented.
    To be honest i don't know if the Judge has appeared in comics yet are not. I can't say as i have seen an appearance.

Extraordinary Member

The Judge is actually an adapatation of Janus. Same basic principle, with Two-Face developing a murderous vigilante side, but a more obvious reveal since naming the character after the two-headed god from Greek mythology and having him wear a mask depicting such pretty much gives the game away.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't remember this movie at all aside from the feeling of being surprised that Phantasm is the girl and that the movie was too mature for me who was a tiny baby at that point.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Okay then. Best of Luck to Tom King.

Astonishing Member

Did Kyodai Ken make it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope they someday add Red Claw as well. *crosses fingers*
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Did Kyodai Ken make it?
    Yes he made it https://jorellisisland.blogspot.com/...yodai-ken.html