Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Manga Artists/Writers Who You Would Love To Take On Batman

Manga and comics, even though pieces of the same puzzle, are pretty divorced from one another, so you don't really see much crossover.

Nevertheless, what Manga talent would you like to see get a stab at Batman, whether that be in a miniseries, graphic novel, or ongoing.

Link To My Comics Review Blog:
    https://comicbookheartbreak.blogspot.com/

Default Great Topic!

Imma go with the most obvious/overt/bandwagony choice and say Horikoshi. My Hero is a love letter to the superhero genre and, although he clearly has more of an affinity for Marvel, I feel his complex emotional storytelling, heart, and love for the genre would give us a beautiful Batman story.

If we're going grim-dark, I'd say we go full blackhearted and give it to Sui Ishida (Tokyo Ghoul) with a sinister Joker story.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Gosho Aoyama would be my first choice, as writer of Detective Conan he should be able to deliver some really good classic detective stories.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Definitely Kentaro Miura. Guts and the kids are already Batman and Robin, preventing him to go berserk

SchierkePullsOffHelmet.jpg

One issue only though. He's way worse than Jim Lee when it comes to updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Gosho Aoyama would be my first choice, as writer of Detective Conan he should be able to deliver some really good classic detective stories.
    Oh, that's a good one! Dammit, if it was a fist I'd be knocked out yesterday.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I would say Masashi Kishimoto. Love his art and I can see him write Batman since he writes an almost similar character, Sasuke. Plus he wrote about ninjas for years.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Naoki Urasawa, personally. His bread and butter is dark and atmospheric mysteries. Also his art and writing style has the grimness that can be quite appealing for a Batman comic.

My choice would be Masamune Shirow. I simply love both his Dominion series & Man-Machine Interface. It would be so cool to read Shirow's trademark footnotes and occasional "to the reader" comments about Batman and his world.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-13-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Added some words.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Naoki Urasawa, personally. His bread and butter is dark and atmospheric mysteries. Also his art and writing style has the grimness that can be quite appealing for a Batman comic.

My suggestion as well. He‘s really strong at developing intertwining plots, though he gas shortcomings to deliver a satisfactory ending. Still, very entertaining.