Spectrum
    Aurora
    Doctor Voodoo
    Topaz
    A new Sphinx (Rami)
    Quasar
    She-Hulk
    Starbrand
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 06-16-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Spectacular Member

cap (steve)
    hercules
    hawkeye (clint)
    scarlet witch
    wonder man
    beast
    hank pym
    wasp (jan)
    spectrum

all classics

For today my picks would be:

* Captain America (the leader)
    * Iron Man (the lancer)
    * Monica Rambeau, but with a different code name then 'Spectrum'...Marvel Woman? Lt. Marvel? That was her rank in the harbor patrol. Captain Light? I dunno. (superego to Tony and Steve)
    * Shang-Chi (the mysterious/'wise man'/outsider character)
    * Spider-Man (the team comedian)
    * She-Hulk (the tank)
    * Hawkeye (the rebel)
    * Northstar (the pompous @$$)
    * Firestar (the outgoing one)
    * Squirrel Girl...hey, she's in college. (the innocent/younger sibling character)

It does my heart good to see how many people have said Spectrum/Monica, btw. One of my fave characters.
    Last edited by edpower; 06-15-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

* Nick Fury
    * Captain America
    * Iron Patriot
    * Red Hulk
    * Captain Marvel
    * U.S.Agent
    * Eric Adams

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I couldn't come up with an "Avengery" line-up. I wanted something that would work for a specific story arc covering a year or two tops. Here goes:

1. Thor - Handpicked most of the team after receiving a series of prophetic skeins that told him of a new threat on the horizon -- a threat too powerful for his former teammates to face.

2. Starbrand - Va Sohn. Just here because she has to be. No matter what she's done in the past, she honors her family's debts. And her family owes the Throne of Asgard big time! There may be more to her rivalry with Valkyrie than meets the eye.

3. Monica Rambeau - Almost killed Thor for interrupting her honeymoon. May yet kill Thor if they don’t live to finish said honeymoon.

4. Blue Marvel - Almost had to bail Monica out of jail for almost killing Thor during their honeymoon. Thor's third pick. He wanted someone on the team who would not only ask the questions that he wouldn't know to ask, but would also be able to find answers. Adam agrees to join the team, but he can’t help but wonder what Thor isn’t telling them.

5. Dr. Strange - Thor's first pick. Whatever is coming, the all-powerful Sorcerer Supreme will be needed. He is one of the primary keys to the team's success.

6. Psi-Hawk - Alternate Earth Rachel Grey, who married her universe's Emmet Proudhawk and formed the Psi-Force with him before his untimely demise. (Note: the Phoenix Force never manifested in their alternate reality. The Psi-Force is the equivalent.) Psi-Hawk is the wildcard. But for Adam's experiments, she would have never seen the beacon to 616 Earth. She plays a big part in the team's success. Immediate simpatico with Monica, but is also drawn to Thor’s nobility of character. Reminiscent of her Emmet.

7. Kid Gladiator - The second wildcard. The “Bones” of the group. Told two lies by his Dame Patra (the Strontian equivalent of paternal grandmother); one will save him, the other might spell his end. Somehow Adam Brashear is at the heart of both. Becomes Adam’s apprentice until he can sort out the truth. (I'm guessing KG is 18-19. Not sure how old he is now, to be honest.)

8. Ronin - Midnight Sun is beneath the mask this time. Is he here to turn a new page, or is there some other agenda? M'Nai has his eyes on Starbrand (Va Sohn), but also develops a big brother relationship with Kid Gladiator. He represents the final wildcard.

9. Valkyrie - Jane struggles with wielding the collective power & wisdom of the Valkyrie, but enjoys a few unexpected twists and turns along the way. Learns quite a bit about her powers with assistance from Dr. Strange and the Scarlet Scarab, especially her ability to detain souls and raise the dead. She is the glue of the group, although Va Sohn gets under her skin more often than not.

10. Scarlet Scarab - Thor's second pick. He’s the Mr. Spock of the group. They've been friends behind the scenes for ages. Finally getting a chance to work together. Thor relies heavily on his sage advice. Having a powerful scarab that amplifies the abilities of its allies doesn't hurt, either. His sparring sessions with Va Sohn, Kid Gladiator, Ronin and Dr. Strange are a thing to behold. New costume in the works.

Substitutes: If Va Sohn and Kid Gladiator don't work, swap them out with Power Princess (who gains the Starbrand) and Skaar, respectively.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-16-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Captain America
    She Hulk
    Hercules
    Spectrum
    Hawkeye
    Nova (Rich Rider)
    Darkhawk
    Wasp
    Machine Man
    Tigra

That would be a pretty strong team. Plus with the different personalities it would be a fun mix seeing people like Hercules and Machine Man interact with each other.

1. Black Panther
    2. Iron Man
    3. Captain America
    4. Thor
    5. Captain Marvel
    6. Spider-Man
    7. She Hulk
    8. Black Widow
    9. Spectrum
    10.Wasp
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Monica Rambeau
    Blue Marvel
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Black Panther
    Wolverine

Pulling from my favorite lineups: New Avengers, Ultimates, Uncanny Avengers.
    Last edited by davetvs; 06-16-2019 at 04:43 PM.