34 36.96%
  • Print

42 45.65%
  • Both pretty equally

14 15.22%
  • Other

2 2.17%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I hate that Comic singles feel so much like a Magazine, in how flimsy they are and the ads, etc, etc, i just don't remember them feeling like that when i was younger... i so much prefer the trades where it feels like an actual Book. I don't really like digital though, possibly because i don't have one of these cool iPad thingies that people use to read them, just my Computer..... what i do is, i go through the monthly list and see if there's any singles i must buy mainly based on if i want the cover, or if it's a special Issue of some kind, if there's a really awesome cover i'll usually get the single for that reason but i try to keep my singles collection as small as possible, and the rest i wait for trade format. [I do regularly buy some singles monthly like Sonic the Hedgehog, Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, Buffy, Teen Titans Go, etc]
    Last edited by SXVA; 08-14-2014 at 11:11 PM.

I'm pretty much 100% trades these days, but if I was still buying floppies then I think digital would be a lot more tempting for me.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I switched over to all digital last October.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

All-New Member

I like print personally

Re-posting this here because I felt it was relevant to this topic.

I think the only problem I've had with digital is...
    I don't really care for the "Guided View Native" DC2 comics.
    I love Batman '66 but I wish there was an option for the .99 regular version for each issue.

True, the DC2 effects are nice, as an extra feature, but it makes the comics cost twice as much and they take up a lot more space.
    They should offer the $1.99 DC2 version for those who want it and the .99 standard version for those who don't.

With three digital Batman '66 issues equaling one print issue, that's $6 vs. $3 per issue.

Oddly enough, it makes the print copy cheaper than the digital.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Re-posting this here because I felt it was relevant to this topic.

I think the only problem I've had with digital is...
    I don't really care for the "Guided View Native" DC2 comics.
    I love Batman '66 but I wish there was an option for the .99 regular version for each issue.

True, the DC2 effects are nice, as an extra feature, but it makes the comics cost twice as much and they take up a lot more space.
    They should offer the $1.99 DC2 version for those who want it and the .99 standard version for those who don't.

With three digital Batman '66 issues equaling one print issue, that's $6 vs. $3 per issue.

Oddly enough, it makes the print copy cheaper than the digital.
    I've suggested to Comixology they should have a .99 version that is only available for a limited time, like a couple of months. So you buy it, read it, and then after a while you lose access to it. That would be good for people who want to read but don't actually care about going back to re-read. They said it would be up to the publishers if they wanted to do that, FWIW.

I was also thinking about this the other day. I normally bring my own soft drinks to work. Buying 3 12-packs for $9.00, I'm spending less than $.30 for that drink. But on this particular day, I had forgotten to re-stock my fridge so I didn't have any cold, so I went and bought the same drink from the vending machine for $.75. And I got to thinking about how much more we pay for things in that situation, and the reason it is justified is because of the convenience. I don't have to remember to do anything, someone is always making sure that drinks are available. For that, I pay an extra $.35. Which is to say, someone could make the argument that digital comics, regardless of what they cost to distribute, could actually be priced for MORE than the print, due to the convenience of them pretty much always being there (wi-fi allowing, which is growing and growing, and of course isn't needed if you've already downloaded) and the ability to always re-download. I wouldn't necessarily argue someone into the ground that those features are worth that much, but someone could make that argument. So it seems like pricing them the same as print could be argued as a compromise between the pros and the cons of digital.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I've suggested to Comixology they should have a .99 version that is only available for a limited time, like a couple of months. So you buy it, read it, and then after a while you lose access to it. That would be good for people who want to read but don't actually care about going back to re-read. They said it would be up to the publishers if they wanted to do that, FWIW.

I was also thinking about this the other day. I normally bring my own soft drinks to work. Buying 3 12-packs for $9.00, I'm spending less than $.30 for that drink. But on this particular day, I had forgotten to re-stock my fridge so I didn't have any cold, so I went and bought the same drink from the vending machine for $.75. And I got to thinking about how much more we pay for things in that situation, and the reason it is justified is because of the convenience. I don't have to remember to do anything, someone is always making sure that drinks are available. For that, I pay an extra $.35. Which is to say, someone could make the argument that digital comics, regardless of what they cost to distribute, could actually be priced for MORE than the print, due to the convenience of them pretty much always being there (wi-fi allowing, which is growing and growing, and of course isn't needed if you've already downloaded) and the ability to always re-download. I wouldn't necessarily argue someone into the ground that those features are worth that much, but someone could make that argument. So it seems like pricing them the same as print could be argued as a compromise between the pros and the cons of digital.
    But... $6 an issue..?
    You could buy the hardcovers for less.

Although... it looks like they may be pricing the digital collection as an alternative. It's most likely a non-DC2 transfer of the TPB back to digital.

The first 5 issues:
    digital singles - $20
    print floppies - $15
    hardcover - $20
    softcover tpb - $15
    digital collection - $13

I already have the first 5 issues worth in digital. I stopped around #6 (digital #18), so I may hold out for the next collection.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-31-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Print 100%. I only dip into digital for digital firsts like Li'l Gotham (RIP) and Batman '66 (and that's because of the animated aspects---otherwise I would tradewait). And even then I buy the printed collected editions so I can have a hard copy.