Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disney Plus: What X-Men properties would you want to see?

Now that Marvel Studios and Disney has the rights to the X-Men, there have been plenty of discussion on how the X-Men will be introduced into the MCU. Disney is launching their own streaming service, Disney+, on November 12, 2019. Among the several original series they're releasing are MCU properties, such as WandaVision, Hawkeye, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, and even an animated What If? These series are tied to the main MCU films and also introducing lesser-known characters such as an adult Monica Rambeau and Kate Bishop.

It's obvious that this streaming service is a medium that will allow for more obscure properties to get the spotlight; as well as allow for Marvel to play with different genres that may not fit the mainstream audience.

So my question is, no matter what movies the X-Men will get, which X-Men characters, concepts, and stories would you like to see adapted as a Disney+ series? And as extra credit, what creative talent (directors/writers/producers/actors/etc) would you like to see behind your proposed series?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

X-factor Investigations

Alpha Flight. Follow the comics and make the first season mostly solo stories with the whole bickering team only together when things are really shitty. Then close out the season with the tragedy of Guardian's death to unite them as a team.

Hmmm, a complete revamp of Days of Future Past in the result of who goes back in time. Bishop and Rachel Summers. They could even leave out the Phoenix entirely and Rachel can open a crono-skimming portal, but she needs Bishop to power it up so they can physically go through it rather than just sending their consciousnesses back.

They come back to the present day to try and stop multiple catastrophes that lead to the end of the mutant race. It would be a one way trip because once they go backwards they can't return to their future because their presence in the past has already changed it.

I think the attempt to stop something from happening could easily be an arc for the first 10 episodes. They would encounter various X-Men and possibly be trying to avoid Rachel's family members initially because they are worried that contact with Rachel's parents could erase her from the timeline. They could even have Bishop peak in on his own childhood home but stay away so that he doesn't damage the timeline either.

Bishop is a serious military commander, and Rachel is kind of an impulsive rage monster in that she is still trying to get over what the government did to her as a child. They were with other X-Men, just like in the original DoFP story, but everyone was killed defending them while they tried to get the portal stable enough for the two of them to go back into the past.

I like this because it allows a way to introduce both characters in the present day MCU and it also links their stories together. Nimrod and Ahab could show up chasing them both. Along with some other enemies from Bishop's own list of enemies, like Fabian Cortez.

Gen X animated series.
    Is the What if? series aimed at kids or adults?

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Gen X animated series.
    Going by the fact they're using MCU actors I'm guessing all ages.

BANNED

It'll never happen but I wish they'd stick with an XMen tv series instead of movies. Wouldn't have to compete with million other franchises for a release date and the XMen soap opera narrative lends itself more to a tv show then a movie every 3/4 years. It won't happen bc itd need a movie budget anyway and movies r more profitable I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It'll never happen but I wish they'd stick with an XMen tv series instead of movies. Wouldn't have to compete with million other franchises for a release date and the XMen soap opera narrative lends itself more to a tv show then a movie every 3/4 years. It won't happen bc itd need a movie budget anyway and movies r more profitable I assume.
    You're probably right, the stories of the X-Men are actually pretty suited to TV. The X-Men is different from the Avengers, its more of a family, and in most cases they are based out of a single location, the mansion, where the school is based.

But the budget would be enormous to do all the powers on TV. The Gifted had a fairly big budget and that's as close as we get to an X-Men TV show.

I know there is a motion comic but I'd like a fully animated adaptation of Whedon's Astonishing X-men story
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 07-24-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Gen X animated series.
    I second this! *p*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    X-factor Investigations
    Yup. This.

Excalibur might be fun too.

Besides a regular X-Men cartoon?

Deadpool and Cable Animated Adventure.

Wolverine: Origins - a cartoon that tells a new story from Logan's past every episode. All stuff that happened pre-X-Men. Could have one episode where he teamed up with Captain America, perhaps a brand new civil war time story. Maybe even before that have him trying to help Indians having their lands and lives stolen from them. Maybe a Sabretooth, Maverick, and Wolvie's first time fighting Omega Red, etc.

I'd like to see 2 X-Men shows. One has a cast similar to Giant Sized X-Men era. Main cast includes Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler at the start of the series. Starting right as Iceman, Beast, and Angel leave the team.

Second show would revolve around Iceman, Beast, and Angel. They all graduated high school at Xavier's and are off to college together on the west coast. This show would have more of an X-Men: Evolution feel of seeing the main characters in school. Angel - Playboy, Iceman - gayboy, and Beast - nerdboy, show them all trying to form relationships in college trying to find themselves. Add a few friends throughout the season like Havok, Polaris, and Dazzler. Could have old school Defenders easter eggs. I'd actually throw in that they meet Kitty Pryde while at school and she runs with them for awhile before joining the other X-Men cast during a big crossover.

I think a live action Magneto and the Brotherhood show could be pretty badass too. Make it really ride the line between good and evil, a gray show that really sees both sides of the equation. Show them trying to do good, but no matter what they do they can't win. So many potential characters. Could get a funny Blob/Toad dynamic.
    Last edited by GigaBalls; 07-24-2019 at 05:57 PM.

BANNED

I fail to see the point of adapting XFactor investigation. Most of it is already ripped off from tv shows just watch episodes of Angel and Scrubs alternatively you'll get the same experience.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

X-Men: Origins.

A series of episodic stories, animated or live action, that tell the origin stories of each of the X-Men in order to define them before their introduction into the MCU; they would all, collectively, be the initial prequel for the X-Men films much like WandaVision is predating Doctor Strange 2. Also this way the movie doesn't entirely need to focus on the formation and creation of the X-Men, the individual storylines, etc - that would all be done here.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Hellions
    Teen Drama.. A bit Gossip Girls/Vampire Diaries/River Dale with a lil Sabrina

Cast: Main: Wind Dancer, Hellion, Shinboi Shaw, Cordelia Frost, Warpath, Monet St. Croix, Empath,
    Supporting: Catseye, Tarot, Roulette, Jet Stream, Bedlam, Tag, Surge, Wither, King Bedlam, Sage, Black Queen, Siena Blaze