Extraordinary Member

Default Ranma Saotome vs. Sakata Gintoki

The main characters of Ranma 1/2 and Gintama take each other on in the Arena. Which one wins out?

Bonus: They sit and talk

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Need feats for Gintoki.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Need feats for Gintoki.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ntoki_gintama/

He doesn’t seem to be in same class as Ranma...

Wish I could see the images...sadly, I can't. Firewall keeps them out.

Maybe I'll check at home.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

He's looking waaaay too slow for my money.

He has one feat where he apparently outruns gunfire? Someone could comment on that, I can't see it.

But aside from that kind of thing, he's looking all-around a notch (or two) below Ranma.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    He has one feat where he apparently outruns gunfire? Someone could comment on that, I can't see it.

But aside from that kind of thing, he's looking all-around a notch (or two) below Ranma.
    I looked at those feats. It's aim dodging with narrative hyperbole for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I looked at those feats. It's aim dodging with narrative hyperbole for my money.
    Yeah, the description didn't really seem to match up well with the other feats. Respect threads, what can you do?

If he's not as fast as Ranma...and Ranma is stronger than him...and Ranma is tougher than he is...well, it's not looking so good for him.
    Why are we here?

All-New Member

unless this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...tome_ranma_12/ is not including some of Ranma actual best strength feats,i don't really see how Gintoki is weaker or much weaker than Ranma,he fought characters as strong if not stronger than ranma
    by feats,gintoki should be around building or city block level since he could damage other characters stronger than him or stronger durability than him,vsbattle.wiki people might will disagree with me since they put him at city level which is very ridiculous
    as for speed,Gintoki doesn't have any lightning fast feats,but he is a bullet timer,could hit other bullet timers,and he also have laser reaction feats,of course the laser in gintama is faster than bullet,with that reaction he should at least be able to react to some of Ranma attacks,not sure if he could tag him though

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Responding to a necropost, but...

Levelling a city block is just a normal consequence for the Nerima Wrecking Crew. Ranma's taken ki blasts the size of a football field and fought guys who could shake apart mountains. His speed feats involve things like tearing up a landscape one fistful at a time so fast that other speedsters couldn't perceive it happening until he was done, catching entire armloads of shrapnel at the centre of an industrial-sized explosion with individual catches for each piece (this alone is way above bullet time), throwing punches so fast that someone who was previously able to get an accurate count of hundreds of individual hits over a few seconds, perceived several hundred punches as one strike, and the parlez du foie gras, which mostly just came across as a speed upgrade on top of all that other stuff. On top of that, even people operating at his own speed tier tend to have a lot of trouble actually landing any hits on him, usually only pulling it off via trickery or some extenuating circumstance. Strength-wise, the giant stone Buddha is probably his best feat; I forget where we estimated that in the past, but I think we've generally agreed he and Ryoga hit around class 50? He also drags his hand through reinforced concrete like it's water. Lots of durability feats available, but the standout for me will always be that he took Ryuu's vacuum blades, which tore up the landscape and sliced through a giant stone buddha, with only relatively minor cuts. He's survived bigger things, but those blades do a nice job of showing how far it extends beyond blunt force.

Add to this that he's got one of the best attacks that can be launched from a purely defensive position there is, and generally he's just got a really good power and skillset for his weight class, so he's not real likely to lose against anyone that's a reasonable opponent for him. I WANT to make him fight Nanami Yasuri, but I'm the only person who ever watched Katanagatari I guess.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-04-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

All-New Member

it's not a football field but schoolyard,but of course you can still use schoolyard as football field,but the size is smaller than an actual stadium football field
    he isn't the only one in the schoolyard but also other students,they don't seem like get harmed by the blast though,so the blast is probably not as powerful as an attack equal to schoolyard,gintoki also tanked an explosion attack from space ship that destroy area as big as the schoolyard
    the guy who you said shake apart mountains,is he that saffron guy? he didn't shake apart mountains but vaporized top of mountains,but from what i see the size of the mountains aren't clear,to me the mountains look like small mountains,possibly still smaller than a small city,and it's like ranma didn't really tanked it

well,i didn't say Gintoki is faster or has the same speed as ranma,i'm not sure yet,i already checked ranma speed feats from his respect thread,it's like there is something like lightning speed feats in ranma ???? that's quite a big problem for gintoki,but Gintoki also already have fought an enemy way above bullet time,a fighter who could easily blitz other bullet timer fighters and dodge laser beam
    that's the only top speed feats i know of gintama character

gintoki also already survive bigger things compare to an attack that destroyed giant buddha statue
    he fought fighters that could destroy buildings,flying ships,or space ships
    so just like ranma,an attack that could destroy Buddha statue is also small thing for gintoki
    for character without superpower or special technique,he is already that strong
    of course that is just base gintoki without any power or special technique,Gintoki with all of his feats in the series will win without problem,if you know what i mean
    Last edited by Kritoveris; 08-05-2019 at 03:24 AM.