Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default New DC Millenium but with Bendis???

Bendis has been dropping hints at what it seems is a new project of his. 6/13 looks like the date we may get information.

Omac

D8tImUwWwAAGFqg.jpg

Batman Beyond

D8uyc8DWwAg5eyO.jpg

Komandi

D8yutHsWsAIDruC.jpg
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 06-12-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Another pic. Legion of Superheroes? United Planets?

D80beDkXkAA8ssW.jpg

The Superman suit as it appears here is most likely a Kamandi reference.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

OMAC, Batman Beyond, Kamandi, and the LoS. All are possible futures of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The Superman suit as it appears here is most likely a Kamandi reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    OMAC, Batman Beyond, Kamandi, and the LoS. All are possible futures of the DCU.
    Huh didn't realize that. Well if this is new books, its about time Batman Beyond got a new writer. Hopefully it does.

BANNED

I give Legion and Batman Beyond a chance. I may get the rest, if they have good word of mouth around them.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh. All possible future. I didn't understand what's this is about at first, but okay. He can do what he wants, then. My concern is in the present ^^

I hope it's a new imprint like Wonder Comics.
    The art is all new, right?
    Sorrentino on Kamandi and Nguyen on Batman Beyond are perfect (so is Cheung on Omac, but I don't get excited when he's announced for a book because he never lasts more than 4 issues).

Does anybody recognize the artist drawing the Legion? Maybe Aaron Kuder? It's way harder to determine without human figures.

20 years later and it's time again to remind people that "Millennium" has a double-"nn" .... The more you know...

One day more until we find out ... I am equal parts excited and trepidatious.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Huh didn't realize that. Well if this is new books, its about time Batman Beyond got a new writer. Hopefully it does.
    Wouldn't be the first time we had that exact writer handover... Bendis isn't exactly making a friend of Jurgens.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    20 years later and it's time again to remind people that "Millennium" has a double-"nn" .... The more you know...

One day more until we find out ... I am equal parts excited and trepidatious.
    Red squiggly lines are my friend.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'm guessing it's a project setting a firm timeline of DC's future, between now and the year 3000 (hence a new millennium).

I wonder if this will be an "event" kind of thing or a new imprint.

Anyone else get some serious Talia vibes from that woman Terry is chasing? It's probably not her, but the resemblance could be deliberate.

Man, is it finally time for the Legion to come back? It's been too long...

Always down for some Komandi and OMAC .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time we had that exact writer handover... Bendis isn't exactly making a friend of Jurgens.
    Add to that than the last hint includes Supergirl and (apparentelly) Booster Gold: https://www.cbr.com/dcmillennium-ben...girl-dc-event/
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

DC Announces Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium With Brian Michael Bendis & Ryan Sook
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/13/...es-millennium/

Brian Michael Bendis is rewriting the future of DC Comics in Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium, a two-part, monthly comic that will feature an immortal protagonist moving through various disparate DC futures, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively. She will come out the other end on the doorstep of the Legion of Super-Heroes, leading into a new, ongoing series from Bendis and artist Ryan Sook. Along the way, Bendis will work with a number of artists who will examine how characters like Kamandi, OMAC, and Booster Gold fit into the broader context of the Legion. Among the artists involved will be superstars Jim Lee, Jim Cheung, Nicola Scott, and Dustin Nguyen.

Per DC, Millennium focuses on a most unlikely tour guide to the 31st century -- a familiar face to DC fans who finds herself suddenly immortal. As she learns to cope with her newfound immortality and the reason she was chosen for this quest, her 1,000-year odyssey will connect all of DC’s future timelines for the first time. Along the way she encounters a host of DC heroes from the future, as drawn by some of comics’ most popular artists. The first issue will introduce a near-future version of Supergirl, drawn by Jim Lee; Batman Beyond, drawn by Dustin Nguyen; Kamandi, drawn by Andrea Sorrentino; and Tommy Tomorrow, drawn by André Lima Araújo. Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium #2 will bring Booster Gold, drawn by Nicola Scott; OMAC, drawn by Jim Cheung; A DC “off-world” chapter, drawn by Jeff Dekal; and finally the Legion of Super-Heroes, drawn by Sook. Bendis joined ComicBook.com to discuss Millennium, and to tee up what he has planned for the Legion of Super-Heroes going forward -- and why he thinks he needs to be around for quite a while.