Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Giant-Sized X-Statix #1 textless preview

"One of the really interesting things about returning to this book is the idea that they’re all older, Milligan told Newsarama previously. "So when Guy (Mr. Sensitive), Myles (Vivisector) and Dead Girl discover that something’s going down that’s going to need the inimitable attention of X-Statix, the first thing they do is go about adding to their team."

"And this is a lot of fun because some of the old members of X-Statix - Tike Alicar, Edie (U-Go Girl) Sawyer, even Phat - they had children. Remarkable children. Old enough to join a superhero team," he added. "And it’s to some of these that X-Statix turn."

https://www.newsarama.com/45540-meet...t-look.html#s8
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

"And this is a lot of fun because some of the old members of X-Statix - Tike Alicar, Edie (U-Go Girl) Sawyer, even Phat - they had children. Remarkable children. Old enough to join a superhero team," he added. "And it’s to some of these that X-Statix turn."

I rolled my eyes when I read this.

So they can't let one group of young characters age up to full team status because it ages the core, but hey, these guys are fair game.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I am so stoked for this. It feels awesome to be excited for an X-Adjacent book again.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

I love XStatix and the art looks fantastic

I have one issue, does this mean all pretense of this characters existing in the same universe of the x-men has been dropped?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I love XStatix and the art looks fantastic

I have one issue, does this mean all pretense of this characters existing in the same universe of the x-men has been dropped?
    Not really, shared corporate owned universes require a lot of plasticity to have any pretense of function. Character aging or lack there of will always be inconsistent. In any case, generally the original series didn't really care what the other X-Books did, and I don't think that's changed.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I had skipped XStatik during the original run because I thought it looked too goofy. Then last year I read it all the way through thanks to Marvel Unlimited and was shocked just how modern and relevant the book felt for today. It would seriously make a fantastic tv show or "lighter" MCU movie in the vein of GOTG.

Not sure how I feel about a reboot, especially when they start talking about kids and the rest of the X-Men never age...

So U-Go Girl daughter of the former one confirmed.

Thanks for the preview, it looks amazing. I can't wait!!!!!!!

BANNED

I love this so much and thankful for CB and/or JDW for putting it together

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Damn. La Nuit and M would be best judys with each other if he'd lived.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Really excited about this, I love X-Statix.

As for the kids, I hope the older ones will be in the series too. Why not youngsters and adults together, like in the good times of X-Men & X-Babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

So they can't let one group of young characters age up to full team status because it ages the core, but hey, these guys are fair game.
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense unless it's set in the MC2 universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Milligan and the Allreds can do whatever they want with the team since they created them.

So ready for this.

If Hickman's run is as amazing as Morrison's, and we end up getting an X-Statix ongoing?! New golden era for the mutant books.

-Pav, who cherishes his X-Statix omnibus...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense unless it's set in the MC2 universe.
    Does it matter?