Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Force #9 - Discussion / Spoilers (Rachel gets her groove back!)

So I know it's still early, so I will just spoiler tag this and people can read it after they read the issue:

spoilers:

So if this was a video game, Rachel Summers just found the GodMode cheat code and turned a bit scary at the end of the issue!

Blaquesmith helps X-Force get away from the MLF by temporarily freezing time and then projecting astral projections of everyone to keep the MLF busy for a few minutes. Blaquesmith pisses Domino off when she realizes that Blaquesmith was astrally projecting himself too when he lead X-Force to Stryfe's base, he stayed behind to save Clan Askani while Domino and X-Force take on Stryfe's base to save Cable and Mother Askani (Rachel).

Domino's team splits into two groups, I can't remember the composition of the groups. Deathlok takes one group to save Cable and the other group goes with Domino to try and save Rachel.

Deathlok finds Cable's cell and successfully cuts him loose from the transmode virus expansion. He turns off the suppression collar but Cable is in a bad way and may not recover. Also, Cable's wife/girlfriend is completely buried in transmode cables and may be infected herself. Pretty much it looks like they are dying from the transmode infection.

Domino takes her team to try and get into Stryfe's command centre to take down Stryfe's telepath things. Stryfe surprises her though, he saw her coming with his own telepathy and he has Domino and her group pinned down and then electrocutes them into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile Rachel is going deeper into her meditative state being called into an ascendant state as a voice. Eventually the light coalesces and Rachel finds herself looking at a fire spirit woman who looks like her. The voice tells Rachel that she is Mother Askani's consciousness sustained after death by the connection to all of her followers. At first Rachel isn't sure she can trust the voice but then finally they embrace...

I was happy at last, Rachel Grey-Summers actually saved herself. Cable didn't save her, Blaquesmith didn't save her, Domino didn't save her. She damn well saved herself.

So Rachel woke up and she was pissed. I can't tell if she went Phoenix or she went straight out Omega Telepath GodMode, but she was even talking in a god voice at the end. She killed all of Stryfe's telepaths as far as I can tell and I think she blew the top off his base. After Rachel flattened all the combatants to the floor she turned to Domino and asked in her god voice "Somebody tell me what the Hell is going on Here.
    end of spoilers

Yay, thank god! Guess I'm gonna get this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rachelgrey View Post
    so i know it's still early, so i will just spoiler tag this and people can read it after they read the issue:

spoilers:

so if this was a video game, rachel summers just found the godmode cheat code and turned a bit scary at the end of the issue!

Blaquesmith helps x-force get away from the mlf by temporarily freezing time and then projecting astral projections of everyone to keep the mlf busy for a few minutes. Blaquesmith pisses domino off when she realizes that blaquesmith was astrally projecting himself too when he lead x-force to stryfe's base, he stayed behind to save clan askani while domino and x-force take on stryfe's base to save cable and mother askani (rachel).

Domino's team splits into two groups, i can't remember the composition of the groups. Deathlok takes one group to save cable and the other group goes with domino to try and save rachel.

Deathlok finds cable's cell and successfully cuts him loose from the transmode virus expansion. He turns off the suppression collar but cable is in a bad way and may not recover. Also, cable's wife/girlfriend is completely buried in transmode cables and may be infected herself. Pretty much it looks like they are dying from the transmode infection.

Domino takes her team to try and get into stryfe's command centre to take down stryfe's telepath things. Stryfe surprises her though, he saw her coming with his own telepathy and he has domino and her group pinned down and then electrocutes them into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile rachel is going deeper into her meditative state being called into an ascendant state as a voice. Eventually the light coalesces and rachel finds herself looking at a fire spirit woman who looks like her. The voice tells rachel that she is mother askani's consciousness sustained after death by the connection to all of her followers. At first rachel isn't sure she can trust the voice but then finally they embrace...

I was happy at last, rachel grey-summers actually saved herself. Cable didn't save her, blaquesmith didn't save her, domino didn't save her. She damn well saved herself.

So rachel woke up and she was pissed. I can't tell if she went phoenix or she went straight out omega telepath godmode, but she was even talking in a god voice at the end. She killed all of stryfe's telepaths as far as i can tell and i think she blew the top off his base. After rachel flattened all the combatants to the floor she turned to domino and asked in her god voice "somebody tell me what the hell is going on here.
    end of spoilers
    great!!! Go go go rachel!!! Kick some asses!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yay, thank god! Guess I'm gonna get this.
    The art is still a bit distracting for me, not my cup of tea. But I can't complain about Ed Brisson's writing I thought the story was well written. I am just happy that Rachel finally got some agency, and better yet she saved herself!

If you open a spoiler thread, you do not need to use spoiler tags..... seems very logic, but some keep on doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    If you open a spoiler thread, you do not need to use spoiler tags..... seems very logic, but some keep on doing it.
    I was trying to be nice, it's still fairly early in the morning.

Mighty Member

This is good news. Let's hope Brisson keeps it up. Rachel's had a lousy run for quite a while. She deserves a decent landing.

I am curious about how she comes out of this. It's obvious that young Rachel has now merged with older Mother Askani Rachel. That's one of the reasons I couldn't tell if she went Phoenix or if she went into some hyper Omega Mutant upper limit. She is definitely talking and acting like some kind of cosmic being at the end of the issue and she gets the glowing speech bubble to emphasize her awesome power.

Rachel is scary.jpg

Definitely one of Rachel's finest moments.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

If one is getting a do-over on something that happened in X-Men Gold, is it a Mulliguggenheim?

Mighty Member

The only time she looks half decent in that otherwise ugly costume.

BANNED

Welcome back Ray.
    Have you met your new nephew btw?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    So I know it's still early, so I will just spoiler tag this and people can read it after they read the issue:

spoilers:

So if this was a video game, Rachel Summers just found the GodMode cheat code and turned a bit scary at the end of the issue!

Blaquesmith helps X-Force get away from the MLF by temporarily freezing time and then projecting astral projections of everyone to keep the MLF busy for a few minutes. Blaquesmith pisses Domino off when she realizes that Blaquesmith was astrally projecting himself too when he lead X-Force to Stryfe's base, he stayed behind to save Clan Askani while Domino and X-Force take on Stryfe's base to save Cable and Mother Askani (Rachel).

Domino's team splits into two groups, I can't remember the composition of the groups. Deathlok takes one group to save Cable and the other group goes with Domino to try and save Rachel.

Deathlok finds Cable's cell and successfully cuts him loose from the transmode virus expansion. He turns off the suppression collar but Cable is in a bad way and may not recover. Also, Cable's wife/girlfriend is completely buried in transmode cables and may be infected herself. Pretty much it looks like they are dying from the transmode infection.

Domino takes her team to try and get into Stryfe's command centre to take down Stryfe's telepath things. Stryfe surprises her though, he saw her coming with his own telepathy and he has Domino and her group pinned down and then electrocutes them into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile Rachel is going deeper into her meditative state being called into an ascendant state as a voice. Eventually the light coalesces and Rachel finds herself looking at a fire spirit woman who looks like her. The voice tells Rachel that she is Mother Askani's consciousness sustained after death by the connection to all of her followers. At first Rachel isn't sure she can trust the voice but then finally they embrace...

I was happy at last, Rachel Grey-Summers actually saved herself. Cable didn't save her, Blaquesmith didn't save her, Domino didn't save her. She damn well saved herself.

So Rachel woke up and she was pissed. I can't tell if she went Phoenix or she went straight out Omega Telepath GodMode, but she was even talking in a god voice at the end. She killed all of Stryfe's telepaths as far as I can tell and I think she blew the top off his base. After Rachel flattened all the combatants to the floor she turned to Domino and asked in her god voice "Somebody tell me what the Hell is going on Here.
    end of spoilers
    oh this sounds like San awesome showing for her. will have to check this out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

4 X-Books in one day?

ugh
    "Cable was right!"

Has she killed stryfe yet