Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really hate that art.

The only reason I am reading this book is for Rachel and because Ed Brisson is actually decent writer and he handled the back story for Cable and Stryfe really well. You can tell Brisson has read "X-Men: Phoenix" and "Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" and he knows how to write Cable, Blaquesmith, Stryfe, and Rachel using their back history.
    Really? I guess I always liked the art but it didn’t fit the book, he deserves to be on a book with more ‘splosions and high-octane action. He really captures kinetic action so Rachel incinerating those Krang and merging with Mother Askani just looked nice to me. Shame it took this long, if Rachel’s whole purpose post-Secret Wars is just to get mind-controlled by Mesmero, Nova, Ahab, and Strfe just to get two issues of importance then get shunt off to the future......silence. Lit rally silence. I hope she gets to come back to the 616 with her new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Really? I guess I always liked the art but it didn’t fit the book, he deserves to be on a book with more ‘splosions and high-octane action. He really captures kinetic action so Rachel incinerating those Krang and merging with Mother Askani just looked nice to me. Shame it took this long, if Rachel’s whole purpose post-Secret Wars is just to get mind-controlled by Mesmero, Nova, Ahab, and Strfe just to get two issues of importance then get shunt off to the future......silence. Lit rally silence. I hope she gets to come back to the 616 with her new powers.
    Yeah it could go either way at this point. I wasn't expecting her to fully merge with the Mother Askani consciousness and getting a pretty decent power boost after the merger of her two parts. I have to give Ed Brisson credit for remembering all the different Cable, Stryfe, and Rachel stories and how they link together. One of the best things about this story has been how well it links to the continuity of the 3 characters. It's almost the opposite of Rosenberg who seems to ignore character continuity most of the time.

BANNED

Wait... Jean merged with teen Jean and Rachel merged with her Mother Askani aspect? Can't to see Mother and Daughter together.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Wait... Jean merged with teen Jean and Rachel merged with her Mother Askani aspect? Can't to see Mother and daughter together.
    It would be interesting to see what they could do working together. Maybe we'll see in HoX/PoX if it turns out X is the actual villain of the story and has to be defeated. I imagine all the telepaths will have to work together to take him down.

Incredible Member

I think there's a big possibility Rachel will stay in this future timeline as her Mother Askani version asked her to save the Askani clan.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I think there's a big possibility Rachel will stay in this future timeline as her Mother Askani version asked her to save the Askani clan.
    I dont think she is going to stay in the future.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I dont think she is going to stay in the future.
    I agree that I don't think she is going to stay. I don't know that Mother Askani would let her. Her saying was, "what will be, will be" and as Askani she tried not to play with the timeline. She also said that she was from "another world, another time". I don't think Rachel would opt to stay there, as she has no tie to the Askani unless she has all the abilities now from Mother Askani. Even if she thinks most people are dead, she would not stay.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think she completely absorbs the astral form so much as makes a connection with it, more or less restoring herself, and this will be more of an extension of Rachel as opposed to a separate piece of her, as Mother Askani is supposed to still be in this timeline helping Cable in her astral form.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    About time Rachel being badass and getting possessed by...herself!
    ROFL! i love this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    ROFL! i love this so much.
    haha, if it turns out that Mother Askani is in charge in Rachel's head next issue then we can all say spirit2011 guessed the truth, Rachel literally possessed herself. Even if that's not the case it's still older Rachel pushing herself into younger Rachel's mind and controlling her to wake up. Once again Rachel is being mind controlled, haha it's just benevolent this time.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, if it turns out that Mother Askani is in charge in Rachel's head next issue then we can all say spirit2011 guessed the truth, Rachel literally possessed herself. Even if that's not the case it's still older Rachel pushing herself into younger Rachel's mind and controlling her to wake up. Once again Rachel is being mind controlled, haha it's just benevolent this time.
    Really, is Rachel from Squadron Earth? She gets mind controlled more than the Squadron ever did.......at least her future self is in charge this time......maybe they should ask her help in tying up loose ends......

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Really, is Rachel from Squadron Earth? She gets mind controlled more than the Squadron ever did.......at least her future self is in charge this time......maybe they should ask her help in tying up loose ends......
    I feel so bad for Rachel, it's like someone taped a sign to her back that says "please mind control me". I would love to see one year go by where Rachel does not get mind controlled by someone.

BANNED

So, I guess that unnecessary nonsense about Rachel being unique in whole multiverse has finally been laid to rest
    Last edited by Shreene; 06-13-2019 at 02:37 PM.

I love Ed Brisson, but this art is really challenging. The faces are the worst offender for me. But I am loving the potential Rachel coming back has. Let's hope we don't get the wind kicked out of us again.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    So, I guess that unnecessary nonsense of Rachel being unique in the multiverse has been laid to rest
    Not exactly Rachel Summers rescues Captain Britain from the time stream and becomes lost in it herself.
    1. Rachel suddenly appears 2000 years in the future and leads the Askani rebellion and becomes Mother Askani, she leads the Clan Askani till her death from injuries and old age. Mother Askani continues on as a consciousness linked to all of her followers (Goddess?)
    2. Cable starts hearing young Rachel communicating with him as though she were still alive, he determines that she is trapped in the prison at the end of time. Cable travels to the prison at the end of time where Gaunt is held, he finds Rachel there still dressed in the same uniform she had on when she was time lost at the end of her run in Excalibur. Rachel is unable to determine how long she was lost in time, and she knows she has been in Gaunts prison for a few months. Cable defeats Gaunt and brings Rachel back to the present day.

3. Young Rachel is converted back to a hound by the twins serving Ahab, Ahab takes her away from the X-Men to Tanzia, the Tanzian's apprehend Ahab and take his two hounds and imprison them. Stryfe is weapons trading with the Tanzian's from the future and makes a deal on the next shipment to take Rachel (who he realizes is Mother Askani or looks like her) and the other Hound (Kytty). Rachel is kept by Stryfe for several months but when his telepaths are struggling to keep her mind controlled they lose their grip on Rachel's mind and she is contacted by a familiar consciousness. The Mother Askani consciousness tells Rachel that even though they are the same person they both exist out of world and time (I guess that means they can both exist at the same time). Mother Askani asks Rachel to accept her help, Rachel embraces Mother Askani's spirit (possibly merges them both back together so they are one person again) and then suddenly Rachel wakes up and she goes totally god mode and blows Stryfe's base sky high and kills all of his telepaths.

Technically they are the same person originating from the moment that Rachel was lost in the time stream. It may be there are just two parts, because now that Mother Askani and Rachel linked together it looks like Rachel's power level got seriously increased.