Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Not a fan of Booth, but he loves Wally so that's a good thing.

Lobdell is an average writer to me, he writes some bad stories and some good ones. I liked Red Hood Rebirth (0-25) and the Wally-Speed Buggy one shot.

The Ric Grayson Thing was King's idea.

Incredible Member

Booth always gives his best to draw Wally. I have no doubt that he will steer Lobdell in the right direction. I hope this isn't a mini/maxi and this is on going.

Who has the Monkey Paw?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I'm surprised at the negative reaction towards this announcement. Lodbell has shown himself post Rebirth to be a decent writer. He's solid.

Link To My Comics Review Blog:
    https://comicbookheartbreak.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 06-12-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Mighty Member

I've liked some of Lobdell's stuff, but the fact that he's a good soldier for DC means I have no idea if this is something he believes in or if he's just following editorial edicts to move Wally from point A to point B. If I knew Lobdell pitched this rather than it was pitched to him, I'd be more hopeful for Wally.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Wow, you would think DC would have learned with Ric. Lets make these huge changes to a character and just pass it of to Lobdell. Lobdell is not equipped for this. I don't understand how he keeps failing up.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

New Wally ongoing? Cool. Hope it’s good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I'm surprised at the negative reaction towards this announcement. Lodbell has shown himself post Rebirth to be a decent writer. He's solid.

The only thing Lobdell has written competently is RHO and that was after a complete roster overhaul.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The only thing Lobdell has written competently is RHO and that was after a complete roster overhaul.
    There is also the generally well liked Wally West/Speed Buggy special which is probably how the duo of Lodbell and Booth got the job in the first place.

Ultimate Member

It's not so much him that is the issue.

It's DC's treatment of Wally. This screams of a TRAP- buy it and you SUPPORT the trashing that has been done to him (and it will be a greenlight to do it to others). Don't buy it and you prove you don't care for the character.

It's the you are suppose to accept whatever crap is tossed at you because you care more about the character than the story.

It's how you get stuff live Civil War 2, Inhumans vs X-Men, Heroes in Crisis and other annoying events.

That is the problem.

Incredible Member

Ppl complaining about no Artemis or bizarro team even thiugh they’ll return/they don’t understand that Ric wasn’t his choice

"Well Rebith RHatO is good" (sure it is), is the same thing people said when they put him him on Nightwing. What's surprising is that people still defend Lobdell. Oh but Ric wasn't his choice. And you think this is? We have already seen Lobdell's limited ability when it comes to picking up the piece after King.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Who has the Monkey Paw?
    Sorry, that was me. I also wished that my dead dog would come back. Say, there's a scratching at the door. I think I'll go see what it is...
    Assassinate Putin!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    "Well Rebith RHatO is good" (sure it is), is the same thing people said when they put him him on Nightwing. What's surprising is that people still defend Lobdell. Oh but Ric wasn't his choice. And you think this is? We have already seen Lobdell's limited ability when it comes to picking up the piece after King.
    I think a lot of it boils down to some people simply hoping for the best with what’s in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Booth always gives his best to draw Wally. I have no doubt that he will steer Lobdell in the right direction. I hope this isn't a mini/maxi and this is on going.
    The article on CBR's front page says that FLASH FORWARD will be a six-issue series.

https://www.cbr.com/flash-forward-wa...risis-spinoff/

Of course, if sales and response are through the roof, it might continue, I would guess.

I like Brett Booth's art, and I like Evan Shaner's cover that they show in the CBR article, so at least it'll be well drawn.

I'm sure Lobdell will do an OK job with this as writer -- nothing spectacularly groundbreaking and nothing terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover

I've liked some of Lobdell's stuff, but the fact that he's a good soldier for DC means I have no idea if this is something he believes in or if he's just following editorial edicts to move Wally from point A to point B. If I knew Lobdell pitched this rather than it was pitched to him, I'd be more hopeful for Wally.

I don't think that's how the major events work at DC or Marvel anyway no matter who the writer is. Wally was made a killer in HIC because DiDio/editorial mandated it, not because that was Tom King's pitch. Tom King had the bare bones of what he wanted HIC to do, and then he was told to make it a murder mystery with Wally as the killer.

Maybe this redemption miniseries is a result of the backlash that HIC received, and it was assigned to Lobdell to whip something together quickly.