Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Do I really have to read Sideways to follow Wally's comic? Man that's going to be a huge headache. I was not at all interested in knock off, Didio dreamt Spider-man
    I doubt it. Some of the stuff may get fleshed out in other books but I'm sure the basic stuff you'll need to know will be explained in Wally's book. That's how it usually seems to work so I don't see why this one would be any different.

Incredible Member

its a trap lmfao. get ppl to read old sidewayz so didio can report on higher sales and get sidewayz back

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    They’re murderous criminals. I don’t buy into the idea of them as heroes. They can be flawed protagonists, anti-heroes, but not heroes.
    According to King, Ivy hasn't actually ever murdered anyone in this continuity.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    Which makes about as much sense as King's writing for Wally in HiC (as in, not by much).

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    While I sincerely hope I am wrong with FLASH FORWARD, this is how DC treats their fan base since Crisis on Infinite Earths...

Barry Allen fans from roughly 1993-2008. Don't tell me it didn't happen; I was there.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    That's just these simp fanboy writers cleaning up these evil pretty women because they have sympathy for them for being pretty (white) women. If Poison Ivy was a man, I almost guarantee there would be no effort to make him any kind of good guy. The same goes for Harley Quinn.

EDIT:
    If both were men, you also wouldn't see those gay overtones the characters sometimes have with each other. That's clearly done to accommodate some simp fanboy writer's lesbian fetish.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-14-2019 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

Anyway...

After Heroes in Crisis, don't trust what DC will do with Wally West. Especially if they're going to throw him way out in space and have him written by Scott Lobdell. If they really cared about the character, they wouldn't do any of that stuff.

Also, Brett Booth may love the character, but he isn't a good artist, relatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    its a trap lmfao. get ppl to read old sidewayz so didio can report on higher sales and get sidewayz back
    Well, if Wally allow that, his character will definitively takes more value in my eyes. Sideways' an excellent book which deserves a second season at least.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch. How bout you know....waiting until the series comes out before passing judgement? Geez...people crying in their soup because it's not the creative team they want for Wally. Even if it was Peter David and Todd Macfarlane people wouldn't be happy. All you can do is hope for the best. Be glad we're at least getting a Wally mini. Maybe it'll be good redemption arc.
    Totally what I was thinking as I read through this thread!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch. How bout you know....waiting until the series comes out before passing judgement? Geez...people crying in their soup because it's not the creative team they want for Wally. Even if it was Peter David and Todd Macfarlane people wouldn't be happy. All you can do is hope for the best. Be glad we're at least getting a Wally mini. Maybe it'll be good redemption arc.
    I would be incredibly happy with Peter David.

Do you seriously not know how bad Lobdell and Booth are? This isn't their first foray together. There's a long catalog of their work and it is nearly all atrocious.

But, but, that one issue was good...

I think the only writer that would be MORE disliked than Lobdell on this book would be King. So if you want to shift though all the **** to find a grain of hope you could say at least it isn't Tom King writing it.

But I'm amazed with Lobdell's DC track record that people would continue to say that they are offended at people being upset with him on the book. He's written so much crap for DC in the last 8 years that I don't see how you can be surprised with readers' reactions to him at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think the only writer that would be MORE disliked than Lobdell on this book would be King. So if you want to shift though all the **** to find a grain of hope you could say at least it isn't Tom King writing it.

But I'm amazed with Lobdell's DC track record that people would continue to say that they are offended at people being upset with him on the book. He's written so much crap for DC in the last 8 years that I don't see how you can be surprised with readers' reactions to him at this point.
    Amusingly, the only worse news I think would've been Azzarello, who was the rumor prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I would be incredibly happy with Peter David.
    Y'know, that reminds me of when PAD wrote Scarlet Spider after Marvel did to Ben Reilly what DC just did to Wally, more or less, although after how he ended up writing Ben I'm not sure I'd want to see him write Wally in the state he's in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 06-14-2019 at 11:58 PM.