Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Then you have people on here disrespecting other people’s craft. That’s even worse.
    There's a difference between disrespect and criticism. Stating you feel someone is a bad writer/artist based off previous work isn't disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch. How bout you know....waiting until the series comes out before passing judgement?
    If a writer or artist worked on 9 titles, and you disliked 9 of them, it's a safe assumption you'll dislike their next one. If the series is good, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. But based on previous history it's "outlook not so good."

Last I checked, forums were meant for discussion. Someone posting a different opinion than yours isn't bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Geez...people crying in their soup because it's not the creative team they want for Wally. Even if it was Peter David and Todd Macfarlane people wouldn't be happy. .
    It's almost as if the internet is full of multiple people with different opinions posting in one spot. Crazy.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

No offense to the creative team behind this title but Wally fans... DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP, you guys deserve to have a series about the hero Wally West, not the poorly written doppelganger from Heroes in Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    No offense to the creative team behind this title but Wally fans... DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP, you guys deserve to have a series about the hero Wally West, not the poorly written doppelganger from Heroes in Crisis.

What if Booth and Lobdell deliver on what Booth promised and untangle HiC to fix Wally (using the Multiverse and the Dark Multiverse- implied by the cover)
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

At least they didn't make him the Spectre...?

I remember the same debate when Hal's "The Spectre" came out - do you support the character or refuse to support bad iterations of the character?

I bought two issues each of "The Spectre." I'm on the side of, "if they stick around, they'll get good stories at some point and return to where you want them." (especially if what was done to the character was controversial and has a lot of detractors) But they can't if they're in limbo and DC won't even want to give them the opportunity. But that's me...

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    What if Booth and Lobdell deliver on what Booth promised and untangle HiC to fix Wally (using the Multiverse and the Dark Multiverse- implied by the cover)
    Well then, buy that issue only

Well then, buy that issue only
    What’d be the point: According to Booth the whole purpose of the Mini is that
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    What’d be the point: According to Booth the whole purpose of the Mini is that
    The point? Not rewarding DC is the point but hey, it's your money!

The point? Not rewarding DC is the point but hey, it's your money!
    Except that if the series sells badly, they aren't going to view it as "The fans don't like what we did to Wally" but "The fans don't care about Wally." Low sales will just confirm to them that their idea that Wally isn't needed in their mind.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Considering Lobdell is the only one who has a consistent title since New 52 that sells well and is positively received. I dont think he deserves such a backlash.most of his bad stuff is him trying to save editorials bad decisions.
    Plus when Booth was announced on Flash, people had a positive reaction, why so much hate now?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'm already unhappy. Some success for him would be the first step to getting the unhappiness reversed.
    If you are already unhappy and this book is just going to make you more unhappy why support it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred
    I'm glad your characters have such a freaking dirge of books that you have all the time in the world to see them come and go. But I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention to this particular character for the last 15 years if you think he's going to definitely get a book some day after this one. Because there's no guarantee on that by any stretch of the imagination. Wally West isn't a Batman character. He's not going to get cashed out for some tie in bucks. He is a marginal character that has no role in the universe to the people who control the universe.
    First off I find your comment condescending. Most of the characters I care about don't have a lot of books at their disposal because they are not the A-List ones they are marginal ones just like Wally. Heck, some don't even have any at all currently. They also are frequently treated badly by the people in charge or by writers. My favorite character, Jason Todd, was voted off the DC island in a telephone poll. He was killed horribly as a result of that poll. He had writers that treated his death as an excuse to engage in bouts of victim blaming. After he was resurrected he suffered through a "psycho-killer" phase and was only used in Batman stories to prop up Batman. That's just one example but of course I couldn't possible understand how you feel because your perception of me is that I follow only A-List or only Batman characters.

Secondly, I have been paying attention to Wally as I am a long time fan for back in the days he was Kid Flash so your second sentence is simply untrue.

Thirdly, yes I do fully expect to see Wally in another book at some point in time. After all they did remove him from continuity with the N52 and now he is back, which is again something a segment of his fan base said would never happen. If you don't want to believe that then that's your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred
    That you think A: Comics are endless and B: we have endless time is great for you but I don't.
    I never said either of those things so I've no idea how you came to that conclusion.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-14-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Harley and Ivy are getting a Mini too:
    https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-harley...medium=ios_app
    Pull List:

Fantastic Member

If you don't buy this book and Wally goes back into the toybox you can't be shocked by that. DC exists to make money if a book is not selling; they are not going to invest time and creative talent in it. You are making a statement by not buying the book, but, it may not be the one you think you are making. Batman as about five titles with the character in it and that is not including Justice League or his family's titles because he sells. Wonder Twins got the green light to continue for 12 issues because it sold well, Super sons got a maxi-series because the original title sold well.

Simple truth
    Sales= Character investment and longevity

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    If you don't buy this book and Wally goes back into the toybox you can't be shocked by that. DC exists to make money if a book is not selling; they are not going to invest time and creative talent in it. You are making a statement by not buying the book, but, it may not be the one you think you are making. Batman as about five titles with the character in it and that is not including Justice League or his family's titles because he sells. Wonder Twins got the green light to continue for 12 issues because it sold well, Super sons got a maxi-series because the original title sold well.

Simple truth
    Sales= Character investment and longevity
    I feel there was more to the Super Sons maxi then sales. Super Sons also got a maxi so that the writer could continue to write about 10 year old Jon after being kicked off the Superman books in favor of Bendis who planned to age the character up in his run. So really it was just another case of DC merely throwing fans of a particular character a bone in the same manner they've done in the past.

As for the bolded I'm not sure that people who are buying the book are making the statement they think they are making even if they are making a statement. The people who run DC are boneheaded and to be honest I don't believe that they see sales as anything more than dollar signs. I tend to feel that they see sales as an indication of interest not just in the character but also in whatever direction that character is being taken in and in whatever creative team is involved. Those last two are why I refuse to support books when I don't like the direction or the creatives involved or if they turn out to be dumpster fires in my opinion and I do so regardless of the characters involved. Sure sometimes that means they put those characters back in the toy box if they are below A-List but that's what happens in business so that's nothing new. The thing is they nearly always take those same toys back out again eventually so personally I'd rather wait until something comes along that appeals to me then to bother with something I'm not enjoying or know ahead of time I won't enjoy just so I can go on a forum to moan about how bad the book is and put upon a character is. That's just how I roll but I understand I'm probably the odd man out with that opinion and that doesn't mean that I think others don't have the right to their own opposing opinions.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-13-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Lobdell is a better writer than most the people DC employs combined

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Lobdell is a better writer than most the people DC employs combined
    This is demonstrably untrue.