Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Lobdell is a better writer than most the people DC employs combined
    So fitting, I love it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Considering Lobdell is the only one who has a consistent title since New 52 that sells well and is positively received. I dont think he deserves such a backlash.most of his bad stuff is him trying to save editorials bad decisions.
    Plus when Booth was announced on Flash, people had a positive reaction, why so much hate now?
    It took 5 years, 2 relaunches, and the death of expectations for people to start saying positive things about his RH. And even still it’s a battle now for the book to make it into the top 100. This is seriously the same tune some people sang when they put him on Nightwing, and look how that turned out. So I think this reaction is more then warranted.

Then god help DC.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-13-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    At least they didn't make him the Spectre...?

I remember the same debate when Hal's "The Spectre" came out - do you support the character or refuse to support bad iterations of the character?

I bought two issues each of "The Spectre." I'm on the side of, "if they stick around, they'll get good stories at some point and return to where you want them." (especially if what was done to the character was controversial and has a lot of detractors) But they can't if they're in limbo and DC won't even want to give them the opportunity. But that's me...
    Monkey's Paw...
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Harley and Ivy are getting a Mini too:
    https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-harley...medium=ios_app
    I wonder how much of the mini will have them complaining about Wally or calling him out as a bad guy? Maybe flashback to Harley beating him up?

(You can't see it but I'm rolling my eyes pretty hard).

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Well, since most of the people employed by DC aren't writers, you're probably correct.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Some one on reddit has point out that the face thing in the background is related to a character from Sideways and was tied to the Dark Multiverse.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Some one on reddit has point out that the face thing in the background is related to a character from Sideways and was tied to the Dark Multiverse.
    Indeed, it's Tempus the Fuginaut who protects the universe from the other dimensions like the Dark Multiverse.

So I definitely think that what happened in Heroes in Crisis is tied to The Dark Multiverse/Batman Who Laughs. I really hate Metal, but if it helps to bring back Wally in full glory, I'm ok with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Indeed, it's Tempus the Fuginaut who protects the universe from the other dimensions like the Dark Multiverse.

So I definitely think that what happened in Heroes in Crisis is tied to The Dark Multiverse/Batman Who Laughs. I really hate Metal, but if it helps to bring back Wally in full glory, I'm ok with this.
    Batman Who Laughs could have infected him for his plan with the Secret Six
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

It'd be a mighty ass pull but if it cleans up a mess meh.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I thought that was Dr Manhattans face in the back ground with a clock.mechanism to refer to Doomsday clock?

Especially with the solicit that someone has been screwing with his life on a cosmic level.

On a side note my dream team for a NORMAL Wally series would be Williamson and Duce. That Annual is still really good from last year.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

So good in fact that he has to rely on nepotism to get any writing jobs at DC.

Kon93

I'll do the same thing I did with Kon-El, I support the character NO MATTER WHAT.
    more is more folks, and anyway that flash/speed buggy issue last year was good

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Fans aren’t really rational anymore. Always cynical, always angry, always on the defensive. Then you have people on here disrespecting other people’s craft. That’s even worse.
    Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch. How bout you know....waiting until the series comes out before passing judgement?
    Where was all these calls for compassion to writers when Comicgate was threatening, doxxing and harassing folks? Including those who got DEATH THREATS.

But they can't if they're in limbo and DC won't even want to give them the opportunity.
    So pretty much hate buy a book.

Understand something just because you don't see NEW stuff does not mean SOMEONE is not interested in using them.
    Where was the Wonder Twins at? They got a 12 part series after being MIA in mainstream DC for 22 years.
    Or Sugar & Spice?

Meanwhile Vixen on 2 shows has NOTHING.
    Bumblebee on 3 shows and a toy line has NOTHING in comics.

Except that if the series sells badly, they aren't going to view it as "The fans don't like what we did to Wally" but "The fans don't care about Wally." Low sales will just confirm to them that their idea that Wally isn't needed in their mind.
    It gets to a point of ENOUGH is ENOUGH. If that is what they think SO BE IT.
    Who gets hurt??? Not fans. That is money they are saving.

I'll do the same thing I did with Kon-El, I support the character NO MATTER WHAT.
    more is more folks, and anyway that flash/speed buggy issue last year was good
    And that is fine but don't expect everyone else to follow suit.
    And don't get made when you see more CRAP done to said character.

Astonishing Member

If Wally's actions were the result of being corrupted by the Dark Multiverse/The Batman Who Laughs, I'll be fine with that. It's probably the ideal solution.

As is, if his actions were his own, then there's no coming back from that, no redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It took 5 years, 2 relaunches, and death of expectations for people to start saying positive things about his RH. And even still it’s a battle now for the book to make it into the top 100. This is seriously the same tune some people sang when they put him on Nightwing, and look how that turned out. So I think this reaction is more then warranted.

Then god help DC.
    "The death of expectations" lol. That is a great line.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    So good in fact that he has to rely on nepotism to get any writing jobs at DC.
    same as every writer DC has besides Castellucci and Yang