Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Oh my god, remember when King said Heroes in Crisis and Ric would put the characters in places to succeed?

Lmaooooooo.

Brett "Character Driven Stories Are Boring" Booth and hatchet-man Scott Lobdell whose work needs no descriptors.

Who else could possibly be worse to pull off a premise that would require such thoughtfulness and talent to pull off "Wally West is a mass murderer."

God. I was expecting DC to invest at least decent talent to follow up on such a big event.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I feel like an ass. I defended when King shot Dick in the head, "oh Ric could be just the shake up Dick needs with some good introspective potential", and then again with HiC, "someone needed to do something different and new with Wally and this could lead to something fresh and new". And both times i got burned, because what do they do both times. Pass it off to Lobdell. So he can come up with something quick and fill in the space. Now Nightwing is firmly in the toilet as Ric just turned out to be nothing but lazy old school drawn out filler garbage, with blatantly regurgitated ideas and brain dead boring stories with no semblance of subtly or dept. Paired mostly with dated looking art. And now its Wally's turn...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2019 at 02:29 PM.

I liked Lobdell's X-Men stuff 20+ years ago. His extremely brief Heroes Return Fantastic Four run (#1-3) with Alan Davis was off to a great start and I've always wished it would have gone longer. I can't say I've read anything he's done since 1997, though...

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    . . . I don’t know Liefeld but I know I don’t like Booth’s art at all.
    A few past examples of art by Liefeld:

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    I can't wait be told that committing mass murder, planting fake evidence and framing others, and exposing others' privacy to the world was all just some kind of misinderstanding.

Because he was sad when it happened and that makes it okay. Either kill him or let him rot, he'll never be able to escape from what he did.
    If I may edit that for you,
    . . . Either kill him or let him rot, he'll never be able to escape from what <THE EDITORS AT DC AND TOM KING HAVE DONE TO THE CHARACTER>.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A few past examples of art by Liefeld:

Muscles on muscles on muscles! Muscles everywhere! And tight teeth!
    Phew, thank God I skipped most of the the 90's. I mean, it has its charm, there are people that like it; but it's not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-12-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Always Rakzo

This doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. Lobdell is not my first choice to write Wally (That would be Geoff Johns, Jeff Lemire or Sterling Gates) but he has said before that he really likes the character and his work on Red Hood has easily been the best in the Batman line for a while (Mind you, that's not saying a lot considering the current quality), his ideas are interesting at the very least and his character development can be pretty inspiring. Booth's style can be tiring as well but he's one of the reasons why Wally stayed prominent in people's minds, his passion is there at least.

If both deliver their best work there might be an actual enjoyable book.

Booth has been talking about it
    A8B8F450-CADE-4DC9-80AD-51AA3298C93C.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Christian Duce would've been the better artist for Wally. Booth needs another colorist.

Honestly this creative team is worse than Wally accidentally killing some dudes.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Further, rumors were that this book was to be announced at SDCC,right? Yet it's announcement comes in an uneventful Wednesday. Written by a so-so, yes-man writer. I can only think that they had to rush the announcement out because of HiC's reception, and that they had to put Lobdell in it because he was the only one who'd say "yes" fast enough to both doing the book and writing whatever editorial wanted in it.
    Rumor/speculation? They are announcing a bunch of stuff today, so is Marvel. Coincidence? Plan? Conspiracy? Where is BC to tell us?

Mighty Member

Definitely going to be reading for Lobdell only.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

But Lobdell is also the go-to to man for when a mandate is in place and is not to be questioned.

"Hey, we need all these Teen Titans to have no relationship with their mentors whatsoever". Enter Lobdell, and Bar-Tor.
    DC/Lobdell made him a mass murderer too.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    DC/Lobdell made him a mass murderer too.
    True, but I don't care. That thing was never Bart.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I feel like an ass.
    Don't.

We've all been there.

Do you know how many reasonable people told me ad nauseum that "there was no editorial mandate preventing Wally from showing up on books" ten years ago?

All of them!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

True, but I don't care. That thing was never Bart.
    It was supposed to be, at the time, and that's the direction they chose to take.