Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    That's just these simp fanboy writers cleaning up these evil pretty women because they have sympathy for them for being pretty (white) women. If Poison Ivy was a man, I almost guarantee there would be no effort to make him any kind of good guy. The same goes for Harley Quinn.

EDIT:
    If both were men, you also wouldn't see those gay overtones the characters sometimes have with each other. That's clearly done to accommodate some simp fanboy writer's lesbian fetish.
    I agree. Even with non-evil homosexual couples, there seems to be a good deal more intimate (titillation) panels with female couples than male ones.

Though I have to admit there is are whole lotta of folks that want to redeem the evil/murdering Lex Luthor, though. Or have him never have been evil. I'm not one of them.

In Batman:TAS, it seemed possible Harley could be redeemed. She was newly in Joker's thrall. It was very abusive and manipulative relationship. But when she was introduced in the comics, she'd been enabling his murdering sprees for a good while, if I recall correctly. And, of course, the character developed in a different direction.

Still, the constant switching of alliances is irritating to me. After more than one switch, no other character should trust them anymore. It's a trope pointed out by an article on this very site
    Ah, the much beloved heel-face-heel turn. Basically, this has to do with villains become redeemed… only to turn evil a day later. It happens a lot, perhaps most frequently with Batman’s rogues.

Sadly, the same thing happens with heroes. They turn evil for no reason but shock value and act completely out of character (often, but not always retconned as things they did years ago when we know damn well it was out of character at the time because we were reading then). Big brouhaha, then back to status quo - sometimes with another retcon. And with heroes we accept it and sweep it under the rug because we feel it was bad writing to have them go bad in the first place.

I don't mind redeeming villains (on rare occasions - we need villains), but have to do something to make up for their ill deeds, not just say they are good now or save the world once (hey, they would have died, too, so it was self-preservation). And what they have to do is proportional to their crimes. I'll let White Lightning (old Impulse villain) off easy. She's basically a nuisance trying to stick it to daddy. But violent criminals have to go further. Murderers are a hard-sell, and mass-murderers are a no-go.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think the only writer that would be MORE disliked than Lobdell on this book would be King. So if you want to shift though all the **** to find a grain of hope you could say at least it isn't Tom King writing it.

But I'm amazed with Lobdell's DC track record that people would continue to say that they are offended at people being upset with him on the book. He's written so much crap for DC in the last 8 years that I don't see how you can be surprised with readers' reactions to him at this point.

Because the books he tends to get are books that getting ORDERS would not be an issue.

Red Hood, Titans, Superman, Nightwing & Superboy had runs beyond 12 issues. No matter how bad one does-they get to keep that job longer than expected because of WHO they are writing. For every 5 fans complain 10 will buy-blindly, liking the book or character buying.

Doomed did not. Books like that suffer the consequences for actions in the other books.

And seeing he has been on those books-anyone complaining is probably someone who has READ the books. So I would take the word of the actual readers of his books and be weary of this book.