Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

You have to be actually fucking kidding me.

There are literally thousands of jokes, online, about "Lobdell and Booth Wally West" being the monkey's paw DC would use if he finally came back.

and now I'm forced to buy literally my least favorite creative team to support the character.

**** DC. Seriously. **** them right in their stupid heads. Editorial yes man and noted sexual harasser Scott fucking Lobdell. ****

Also that fucking solicit sounds like they're finally going through with abolishing him as The Flash:

"...he was the Fastest Man Alive...he man who called himself Flash"

Get ready for a complete destruction of Wally West, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder if this will be Wally's analogy to the Hal Jordan SPECTRE book...not in overall tone, but in the theme of a fallen hero's redemption. That was the path Hal had to take after EMERALD TWILIGHT/ZERO HOUR/FINAL NIGHT/DAY OF JUDGMENT to return to life and glory as Green Lantern. Maybe Wally is destined to run, in his own way, a similar path.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Hal Jordan got Geoff Johns.

Wally West gets Scott Lobdell

sigh

atleast the covers will be great
    Last edited by Dred; 06-12-2019 at 02:43 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It was supposed to be, at the time, and that's the direction they chose to take.
    Wallace was supposed to be Wally, as well.

Sometimes, if enough people say, "hmmmmmm, no, that's gonna fly", **** doesn't fly.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Wallace was supposed to be Wally, as well.

Sometimes, if enough people say, "hmmmmmm, no, that's gonna fly", **** doesn't fly.
    Just saying, Lobdell was willing to write a mass-murdering (Kid) Flash before, and his idea of a redeeming the character was saying "he's good now".

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Lobdell a.k.a. DC's Yes Man. Why? Can't find a writer to agree with the forced character assassination?
    Lobdell will always have work at DC without having to put in any of the effort.

I'm both shocked and not with the news about this series. I knew Wally was going to get something but I'm surprised at 6 whole issues. Can't wait to see how this goes. I want it to be good for Wally's sake but it has so much staked against it. Glad Booth is working on it though.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    You have to be actually fucking kidding me.

There are literally thousands of jokes, online, about "Lobdell and Booth Wally West" being the monkey's paw DC would use if he finally came back.

and now I'm forced to buy literally my least favorite creative team to support the character.

**** DC. Seriously. **** them right in their stupid heads. Editorial yes man and noted sexual harasser Scott fucking Lobdell. ****

Also that fucking solicit sounds like they're finally going through with abolishing him as The Flash:

"...he was the Fastest Man Alive...he man who called himself Flash"

Get ready for a complete destruction of Wally West, everyone.

Hal Jordan got Geoff Johns.

Wally West gets Scott Lobdell

sigh

atleast the covers will be great
    You realize you don’t have to buy it? Life’s to short to spend your money on books that don’t excite you. Just pass on it or trade wait and see what the response is.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I can't fucking believe they stuck Lobdell on Wally's book. What a massive let down. The guy is such a terrible writer, but he somehow continues to get so much work at DC and given all these books. I just don't get it. I guess him being DC's biggest "company man" lets him do crap like this. Just makes the whole Wally situation even worse. It is amazing how someone like Lobdell somehow continues to fall upward. Booth's art I'm not really a fan of, but it is what it is. He wouldn't be my first choice, but him and Lobdell together was the team that Launched the horrible New 52 Teen Titans book. So I don't have any faith this well be good.

Why couldn't Williamson be the one to do this? He has actually written him well in his Flash book and it was clear that he wanted to do more with the character before DC decided to **** over Wally's character.

Incredible Member

This definitely feels like a monkeys paw situation. Also feels a little late to the party. This book should be hitting stores now with HiC wrapping last month. All that said, it'll be interesting to see how this goes. Are we getting the Scott Lobdell that made Red Hood and The Outlaws for Rebirth or are we getting the Scott who did Ric, New 52 Teen Titans and Red Hood.

Booth is less of a worry since he's a Wally West fan and wants to be on the title.

My question is how is DC approaching this. Did Scott pitch the story and get chosen or did DC ask for someone to step up. As this could go either way. We can get Post-Convergence Lois and Clark series that leads to Superman roaring back with his family or just trash that shouldn't have been published.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You realize you don’t have to buy it? Life’s to short to spend your money on books that don’t excite you. Just pass on it or trade wait and see what the response is.
    If people do not buy it then their sabotage wins out. Support it and make them know we want something that isn't the worst creative team they could possibly put together.

Well, I mean at least it’s not written by Bendis/King, because that’d leave a terrible move.

I’ll check out the first arc.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

If Lobdell gets a really good editor I think the story itself will be worth the read. He seems to do better when he has a good editor behind him to tone down some of his excesses which is why his current Red Hood run has been surprisingly strong and consistent. He also did write that Wally West/Speed Buggy special that people seemed to enjoy. The things I'm worried about are Booth's art and what editorial might have planned here. Booth's art just doesn't appeal to me mainly because all of his characters tend to look the same. For example all the N52 Teen Titans seem to have twins in Rebirth Titans. The only difference between Wonder Girl and Donna Troy is hair color and a costume change. As for editorial I don't think I even need to go into that other than to say I don't trust them.

I am going to give this one a try though and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    If people do not buy it then their sabotage wins out. Support it and make them know we want something that isn't the worst creative team they could possibly put together.
    I've never understood the logic in the bolded. I don't waste my time and money supporting books with creative teams that I already know I don't care for even if those books star my favorites. Personally I don't believe the idea of supporting bad writing on a favorite character ever causes a company to suddenly change their tune with regard to that character. I actually feel that it backfires most of the time if I'm being honest. There's no way of knowing whether DC will see support of a particular title as being support for the character, support for the direction that character is headed in or support for the creative team involved. Personally, I'd rather not take the chance that they will only see the later two options and completely ignore the first one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Just saying, Lobdell was willing to write a mass-murdering (Kid) Flash before, and his idea of a redeeming the character was saying "he's good now".
    Oh, ok. On that we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Lobdell will always have work at DC without having to put in any of the effort.
    That's unfair. We may harp on Lobdell all we want, but he does put on more effort than anyone else.

It can't be easy to be the guy editorial turns to every time they need a turd polished, and he does it like a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Well, I mean at least it’s not written by Bendis/King, because that’d leave a terrible move.

I’ll check out the first arc.
    It's only the first arc. 6 issue mini. XD

That said, Bendis could work, Hell,if we look at DC's current writers line-up, Bendis would be the best bet.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

He-heh,heh-heh,
    I'm sorry, I just can't take DC Comics anymore. I mean after what they did to Wally, Batman and the disrespect/nil acknowledgement of Geoff Johns Doomsday Clock storyline...I just can't take it.

SO long for now for now. I'm out. Good luck trying to clean out this mess because I wouldn't be around to see it turn into a train crash any more than it already is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    If Lobdell gets a really good editor I think the story itself will be worth the read. He seems to do better when he has a good editor behind him to tone down some of his excesses which is why his current Red Hood run has been surprisingly strong and consistent. He also did write that Wally West/Speed Buggy special that people seemed to enjoy. The things I'm worried about are Booth's art and what editorial might have planned here. Booth's art just doesn't appeal to me mainly because all of his characters tend to look the same. For example all the N52 Teen Titans seem to have twins in Rebirth Titans. The only difference between Wonder Girl and Donna Troy is hair color and a costume change. As for editorial I don't think I even need to go into that other than to say I don't trust them.

I am going to give this one a try though and see where it goes.

I've never understood the logic in the bolded. I don't waste my time and money supporting books with creative teams that I already know I don't care for even if those books star my favorites. Personally I don't believe the idea of supporting bad writing on a favorite character ever causes a company to suddenly change their tune with regard to that character. I actually feel that it backfires most of the time if I'm being honest. There's no way of knowing whether DC will see support of a particular title as being support for the character, support for the direction that character is headed in or support for the creative team involved. Personally, I'd rather not take the chance that they will only see the later two options and completely ignore the first one.
    This is literally the last chance some of us might ever get to support our favorite character. Not buying it just "proves" there is no interest in Wally for Didio to send up to his higher ups. That's literally why hey put this creative team on it, by the by.

Ya, Lobdell is clearly protected. DC will throw Wally and his fans on the sword before they will Lobdell. Just to paint a picture of what we are dealing with here. In Lobdell’s last issue on Nightwing he used Babs as an obvious audiences surrogate to spin blame on fans for not giving it a chance. This sucks. This is lose lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    In Lobdell’s last issue on Nightwing he used Babs as an obvious audiences surrogate to spin blame on fans for not giving it a chance. This sucks. This is lose lose.
    Wait, so when readers say they don't want something, what it means is that they don't want it?