Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    What if we are looking at this all wrong.

What if Kindred/Centidemon is actually nothing to do with Peter and actually relevant to Mary Jane and Peter’s involvement with MJ is why he/she hates peter.

The putting her in danger or perhaps Peter ‘stealing’ her from it.
    Maybe it is Madame Web? Why her? The name Kindred.being a "Kindred" spirit of Pete and she is jealous MJ?

I think we can now all safely confirm that the new hotness is Yandere for Peter.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Thanks to the glory of comic-pacing, I was caught off guard by both the Centipede baiting and the Dmitri reveal. Those last lines sound so ominous that maybe Spencer wants to do like the biggest Chameleon story ever? Wouldn't be hard. Glad Spencer's trope-awareness is on display and he's showing why both through abilities and philosophy that this is a truly new major villain to hit the pages of ASM. Hopefully he does the same for Sergei later on.
    That would be really great to see a big Chameleon story, I think besides Spider-Man/Deadpool's Area 14, the last real one was Red-Headed Stranger. So he's due for doing something really crazy.

Nah, but to hell with all that. That rekindling of the greatest romance in the history of Spider-Man is the most important thing here. It's like the Sistine Chapel in the form of a comic page. And the gratuitous Yellowjacket cameo? Like a mother's kiss.
    "The betrayal or the rescue?" "Yes."

Archie #705 was good. Spencer writes a mean Cheryl.
    (very off topic, I also agree his Archie's been really enjoyable, I actually really like him and Sabrina as a couple)

I think we can now all safely confirm that the new hotness is Yandere for Peter.
    That makes me think it's actually Norman. Nobody and nothing else is that Yandere for Peter, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That would be really great to see a big Chameleon story, I think besides Spider-Man/Deadpool's Area 14, the last real one was Red-Headed Stranger. So he's due for doing something really crazy.

"The betrayal or the rescue?" "Yes."

(very off topic, I also agree his Archie's been really enjoyable, I actually really like him and Sabrina as a couple)
    Are you saying Spencer currently writes Archie? I never read an Archie Comic so I did not know Spencer ever wrote Archie. Is it unusual for someone to write for two different comic book companies at the same time? The closest I came to seeing an Archie character was seeing the Sabrina Movie because Kristy Swanson was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    spoilers:
    I doubt Centipede is CC Gwen (though I do think she’s still alive somewhere and survived Clone Conspiracy), but Gwen has had so many clones since her death, that if it isn’t OG Gwen (which I think might be more likely), it could still be any number of the pre-CC Gwen clones or even a new one we didn’t know about.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree 100% percent with you. Logically speaking it can't be CC Gwen, however, it could be either OG Gwen or one of her earlier clones. I can hardly wait to see if our speculation proves correct. I haven't been this excited about a Spidey mystery villain reveal since OG Hobgoblin. *crosses fingers* I only hope this reveal is better than that of OG Hobby lol.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-12-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Great final epilogue.

I love the page dedicated to JMD and Mike Zeck alongside a blurb advertising a TPB reprint of KLH. It's a wonderful gesture there.

This issue really did have the feels. Between Kraven Jr. and Kraven Poppa and that letter, between Taskmaster and Black Ant (I called it before when I pointed out that Taskmaster betraying Black Ant was actually the next step in their relationship and no the end), and of course Peter and MJ at the end. Spencer closes it with one of the great moments in KLH where Peter returns to MJ and the two of them obviously...ahem get acquainted discreetly off panel.

Good point, hey I've got it Kindred is really *drumroll please* Ayano Aishi aka Yandere Chan! She finally gave up on Taro and has set her sights on our boy Peter. Watch out MJ elimination is coming!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Y'know, I was disappointed in how last issue ended. With all of the hoopla of Grim Hunt and the return of Kraven, to see him die once again felt like a big disappointment. From the previews, I thought that we'd be getting another Kraven-lite, in the same vein of his various sons, daughter, and wife that we saw after his death. But, wow, Spencer pulled it off. Actually, Spencer pulled off a lot of things which really make up for some of the disappointment I felt while reading Hunted.

In any case, here are my thoughts on what others said:

Thanks to the glory of comic-pacing, I was caught off guard by both the Centipede baiting and the Dmitri reveal. Those last lines sound so ominous that maybe Spencer wants to do like the biggest Chameleon story ever? Wouldn't be hard. Glad Spencer's trope-awareness is on display and he's showing why both through abilities and philosophy that this is a truly new major villain to hit the pages of ASM. Hopefully he does the same for Sergei later on.

That Vermin thing is nightmare fuel and I hope it gets resolved. Interested to see where Curt will end up. Wholesome Billy resting with his two moms is QUAINT. Vulture and Rhino can now actually do that current "The Boys" meme. Too bad Arcade can't have Janice be his lawyer.

Nah, but to hell with all that. That rekindling of the greatest romance in the history of Spider-Man is the most important thing here. It's like the Sistine Chapel in the form of a comic page. And the gratuitous Yellowjacket cameo? Like a mother's kiss.
    Agreed with a lot of things here, especially the Peter/MJ scene. I briefly paused and just took in the panel with Pete crying. After dealing with all those post-OMD years, I had to shut myself off from the Pete/MJ relationship. It's been good to see them back together again over the years, but this scene really reminded me of the love between those two. Just well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Great final epilogue.

I love the page dedicated to JMD and Mike Zeck alongside a blurb advertising a TPB reprint of KLH. It's a wonderful gesture there.

This issue really did have the feels. Between Kraven Jr. and Kraven Poppa and that letter, between Taskmaster and Black Ant (I called it before when I pointed out that Taskmaster betraying Black Ant was actually the next step in their relationship and no the end), and of course Peter and MJ at the end. Spencer closes it with one of the great moments in KLH where Peter returns to MJ and the two of them obviously...ahem get acquainted discreetly off panel.
    That letter plus Kraven's physical change really made me appreciate Spencer's writing. Like I said before, I thought that the "real" Kraven would once again be replaced by some son or pale imitation. In a way, that's true. But the letter, with Kraven saying how his clone son was basically him, made a lot of sense. So, I don't feel that the "real" Kraven is gone, but still lives on. The new Kraven isn't merely a legacy, but in a lot of ways, is the "real" Kraven without all of the melancholy hang-up's of the original. Spencer pulled that off well.

So yeah, this was a great epilogue. Looking forward to the next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Let me start the slow clap for "Hunted." Wow. This was great! So, so, good! Spencer once again shows why he's currently the premier Spidey writer. This book is why Spider-Man is on top (and Life Story too!)

All I can say is that after 10 years of the Slott, the book actually feels like a Spider-Man book again. Sure, Slott had his moments, but Nick Spencer is really killing it. The best the book has been since OMD started.

Extraordinary Member

Thought this was dull. Oh, some cool moments here and there, but a dull "story." Mostly a bunch of stuff that I don't think anyone was going to lose any sleep over if they didn't see spelled out, in a way it came off like a lame Point.NOW! issue or one of those preview issues they tack on to the end of events. Even as cool as the Chameleon reveal was, I expected more.

A solid issue liked that it leaves a lot of paths to be explored with a new Six, the return of Chameleon, a "new" Kraven, Black Cat delivering Billy to his mom, the ambiguous fate of Curt though the clue to who the new villain is does add more questions than answers. I just don't think it will be Gwen or even the theory that's its Harry i've heard. Spencer still delivers IMO.

Regarding the Kindred/Centidemon question, I still think the major factor for me is based on their powers, because it isn't simply just a disfigured disguise, or only the power to control centipedes, there is some actual supernatural sh*t going down, so if it is a dead civilian like majority are predicting, where or how did they get that power?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Are you saying Spencer currently writes Archie? I never read an Archie Comic so I did not know Spencer ever wrote Archie. Is it unusual for someone to write for two different comic book companies at the same time? The closest I came to seeing an Archie character was seeing the Sabrina Movie because Kristy Swanson was hot.
    Yep, he's writing the current series. Mark Waid also wrote the previous volume of the series, and Kelly Thompson is currently writing Sabrina for them. The way most of Marvel's exclusive deals work is that they can write or work on other books for other companies, as long as its not superhero related, not to mention Spencer is known for being such a fast writer he can fit Archie into his Spidey schedule.

centidemon is an actual red herring. a fish that was once peter’s pet as a kid that he flushed in an uncharacteristic moment of cruelty whilst high on cheeto dust
    troo fan or death