Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #23: The Hunted Epilogue

So a pretty decent issue I must say, which did a great job at setting up the after effects of Hunted.

spoilers:
    On a side note, Gwen Stacy, or at least a Gwen clone, definitely rose on my list of suspects after this issue, as the identity of the mysterious Centipede character. The way he/she describes Peter failing to save people close to him, that he's a danger to them, and that he/she wants to be together with Peter does at least hint that whoever Centipede is, they possibly might be a former love interest who Peter failed to save.

Also the return of the Savage Six and Chameleon! Yes!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

This was a solid epilogue. Definitely liked some of the new developments that were set up here - particularly concerning the Vulture and the surprise villain who rears their head at the end. Hope we won't have to wait too long to see more happen on both of those counts.

spoilers:
    I like that Spencer has made them able to use Kraven again without any more magic, curses, inmortality or crap like that.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I have similar thoughts to Nerdman3000 regarding the Centipede. I'm also glad to see the Chameleon coming back as it's been a little while. I quite liked the epilogue and look forward to seeing where Spencer goes from here following the new developments that were set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    So a pretty decent issue I must say, which did a great job at setting up the after effects of Hunted.

spoilers:
    On a side note, Gwen Stacy, or at least a Gwen clone, definitely rose on my list of suspects after this issue, as the identity of the mysterious Centipede character. The way he/she describes Peter failing to save people close to him, that he's a danger to them, and that he/she wants to be together with Peter does at least hint that whoever Centipede is, they possibly might be a former love interest who Peter failed to save.

Also the return of the Savage Six and Chameleon! Yes!
    end of spoilers
    Yeah... spoilers:
    The Gwen clone from Clone Conspiracy could definitely be Kindred/Centidemon. No body found, and clone degeneration would justify the disguise.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’m now thinking this Kindred/Centidemon could be Jean Dewolff.

I like that Vulture is the anti-Franklin Richards.

He's an old man since the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    spoilers:
    I’m now thinking this Kindred/Centidemon could be Jean Dewolff.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Hmmm... not a bad choice either. If I remember correctly, she had a crush on him before she died, so maybe it could be her. I’m still leaning a bit on Gwen, but I could see Jean Dewolf being Centipede.
    end of spoilers

Thanks to the glory of comic-pacing, I was caught off guard by both the Centipede baiting and the Dmitri reveal. Those last lines sound so ominous that maybe Spencer wants to do like the biggest Chameleon story ever? Wouldn't be hard. Glad Spencer's trope-awareness is on display and he's showing why both through abilities and philosophy that this is a truly new major villain to hit the pages of ASM. Hopefully he does the same for Sergei later on.

That Vermin thing is nightmare fuel and I hope it gets resolved. Interested to see where Curt will end up. Wholesome Billy resting with his two moms is QUAINT. Vulture and Rhino can now actually do that current "The Boys" meme. Too bad Arcade can't have Janice be his lawyer.

Nah, but to hell with all that. That rekindling of the greatest romance in the history of Spider-Man is the most important thing here. It's like the Sistine Chapel in the form of a comic page. And the gratuitous Yellowjacket cameo? Like a mother's kiss.

Nah, but to hell with all THAT. The real most important part of this issue is the Falcon panel. Because even when writing ASM, Spencer will do what the others can't due to their COWARDICE.

Archie #705 was good. Spencer writes a mean Cheryl.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah... spoilers:
    The Gwen clone from Clone Conspiracy could definitely be Kindred/Centidemon. No body found, and clone degeneration would justify the disguise.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wait, I thought Kindred/Centidemon brought Mysterio back from the dead (or at least this has been heavily implied) which happened BEFORE Clone Conspiracy. If so, how could it be the same Gwen clone from that point in the timeline? My money is on OG Gwen, but I could be wrong.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-12-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What if we are looking at this all wrong.

What if Kindred/Centidemon is actually nothing to do with Peter and actually relevant to Mary Jane and Peter’s involvement with MJ is why he/she hates peter.

The putting her in danger or perhaps Peter ‘stealing’ her from it.

What if it's MJ's dad who's failed writing career has gotten him waaaaay too deep into the dark web?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    What if we are looking at this all wrong.

What if Kindred/Centidemon is actually nothing to do with Peter and actually relevant to Mary Jane and Peter’s involvement with MJ is why he/she hates peter.

The putting her in danger or perhaps Peter ‘stealing’ her from it.
    that would be interesting. but why the involvement with Mysterio, Kingpin, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    Wait, I thought Kindred/Centidemon brought Mysterio back from the dead (or at least this has been heavily implied) which happened BEFORE Clone Conspiracy. If so, how could it be the same Gwen clone from that point in the timeline? My money is on OG Gwen, but I could be wrong.
    end of spoilers
    how would that be more acceptable than Uncle Ben or Captain Stacy? people seemed to be bothered by that, in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt Centipede is CC Gwen (though I do think she’s still alive somewhere and survived Clone Conspiracy), but Gwen has had so many clones since her death, that if it isn’t OG Gwen (which I think might be more likely), it could still be any number of the pre-CC Gwen clones or even a new one we didn’t know about.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 06-12-2019 at 12:31 PM.