Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So we're all just going to ignore Ned Leeds showing up and saying that Betty is in trouble? She has a demonically resurrected family member, even. Kindred being Gwen would anger people. Who is someone from Peter's early days that is fair game/not so essential that they can't have a heel turn? We already have the limited time window as a clue.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-12-2019 at 06:10 PM.

A superb issues and the a perfect story epilogue: it not only served as a wrap-up but left all the key characters in new places and introduced several new status quos while advancing the key ongoing subplot of Kindred. Plus does anyone else think it was significant/appropos that Kraven was buried in his Spidey outfit and not his traditional garb? I thought that was great; his son is now truly Kraven and he died as he wished to be: as the Spider.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Inversed;4405579]Regarding the Kindred/Centidemon question, I still think the major factor for me is based on their powers, because it isn't simply just a disfigured disguise, or only the power to control centipedes, there is some actual supernatural sh*t going down, so if it is a dead civilian like majority are predicting, where or how did they get that power?
    I wanted to thank you for explaining about Spencer being able to write Archie and Amazing. As for Kindred I mentioned Madame Web before ( younger of course), but Mephisto is also a possibility ( along the lines of Satan as a snake tempting Adam and Eve). Then there is Gwen. I know people would be irate if 616 Gwen would return as an evil character. But she was a "Kindred Spirit" of both Pete and MJ, hated Spider-Man was intimidated by. MJ in her early issues, and knows Pete would choose MJ over her.I know she forgave Pete but that could easily be a lie. If she is kinded, Maybe the plan is to get MJ on the bridge, and make Pete have to find a way to save her?

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;4406621]
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Regarding the Kindred/Centidemon question, I still think the major factor for me is based on their powers, because it isn't simply just a disfigured disguise, or only the power to control centipedes, there is some actual supernatural sh*t going down, so if it is a dead civilian like majority are predicting, where or how did they get that power?
    I wanted to thank you for explaining about Spencer being able to write Archie and Amazing. As for Kindred I mentioned Madame Web before ( younger of course), but Mephisto is also a possibility ( along the lines of Satan as a snake tempting Adam and Eve). Then there is Gwen. I know people would be irate if 616 Gwen would return as an evil character. But she was a "Kindred Spirit" of both Pete and MJ, hated Spider-Man was intimidated by. MJ in her early issues, and knows Pete would choose MJ over her.I know she forgave Pete but that could easily be a lie. If she is kinded, Maybe the plan is to get MJ on the bridge, and make Pete have to find a way to save her?
    Betty Brant and Peter were kindred spirits, initially. she defended Spider-man to J Jonah Jameson. there's also Debra Whitman. i'd suspect either over Gwen. Betty, especially, would have a reason to believe that it's always the people around Spider-man who get hurt. she initially blamed Spider-man for the death of her brother. and well Flash has died recently. then there's Ned. she married Ned while still being in love with Peter. the latter was pretty mean to her; in an effort to drive her away. there's that Cult of Love stuff and Inferno. i just think that she's the most expendable. and she's been around since the beginning.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-13-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    centidemon is an actual red herring. a fish that was once peter’s pet as a kid that he flushed in an uncharacteristic moment of cruelty whilst high on cheeto dust
    LMAO. That made me laugh more than it should've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Regarding the Kindred/Centidemon question, I still think the major factor for me is based on their powers, because it isn't simply just a disfigured disguise, or only the power to control centipedes, there is some actual supernatural sh*t going down, so if it is a dead civilian like majority are predicting, where or how did they get that power?
    I'm still sticking with my real-world fanboy a la Gwenpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'm still sticking with my real-world fanboy a la Gwenpool.
    Man, honestly I would probably love that if that was the case. Giving Spider-Man his own Superboy Prime could go in so many interesting directions I really wanna see that.

Astonishing Member

I wish for the SDCC 2019 it will explained a little about the mysteries of this new villain.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Michael Watkins;4406690][QUOTE=NC_Yankee;4406621]

Betty Brant and Peter were kindred spirits, initially. she defended Spider-man to J Jonah Jameson. there's also Debra Whitman. i'd suspect either over Gwen. Betty, especially, would have a reason to believe that it's always the people around Spider-man who get hurt. she initially blamed Spider-man for the death of her brother. and well Flash has died recently. then there's Ned. she married Ned while still being in love with Peter. the latter was pretty mean to her; in an effort to drive her away. there's that Cult of Love stuff and Inferno. i just think that she's the most expendable. and she's been around since the beginning.

[/QUOT
    I just read the highlights of Cult Of Love because I missed it before ( I will buy it online becsuse it looks good). Your point about being replacable is a fair point about Betty. If she waa food she would be Tofu while MJ, Felicia and Gwen are Porterhouse Steaks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LMAO. That made me laugh more than it should've done.
    parker's dark past returns to haunt him
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

You know? The Savage 6 is something I have been thinking for a long time, gathering a team of "animal villains". But I have a problem with some of the members they show at the end of this issue. Insect/Arachnid theme villains (like Scorpion or Tarantula) fit way better with the Spider-Slayers. This is how I see the perfect "Savage Six":
    - Kraven the Hunter (Lion): He should be the perfect leader for a team like this.
    - Rhino: Clearly.
    - Vulture: Obviously.
    - Lizard: To avoid Curt Connors, maybe Iguana is better because it doesn't have "human side".
    - Grizzly: It's not from Africa, but it could work.
    - It's difficult to choose the final member: Giboon (not a real bad guy), Kangaroo (quite dumb), Vermin (he's more like a monster)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know? The Savage 6 is something I have been thinking for a long time, gathering a team of "animal villains". But I have a problem with some of the members they show at the end of this issue. Insect/Arachnid theme villains (like Scorpion or Tarantula) fit way better with the Spider-Slayers. This is how I see the perfect "Savage Six":
    - Kraven the Hunter (Lion): He should be the perfect leader for a team like this.
    - Rhino: Clearly.
    - Vulture: Obviously.
    - Lizard: To avoid Curt Connors, maybe Iguana is better because it doesn't have "human side".
    - Grizzly: It's not from Africa, but it could work.
    - It's difficult to choose the final member: Giboon (not a real bad guy), Kangaroo (quite dumb), Vermin (he's more like a monster)...
    Grizzly doesn't really have the teeth for it, imo. i think he might be past his legitimate villain days. there's always Bruin. personally, i think Scorpion belongs. he's not fur-covered. but if you were to do a show about deadly animals, the scorpion would make the list. you should start a "Savage Six Dream Lineup" thread.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-14-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I just read the highlights of Cult Of Love because I missed it before ( I will buy it online becsuse it looks good). Your point about being replacable is a fair point about Betty. If she waa food she would be Tofu while MJ, Felicia and Gwen are Porterhouse Steaks.
    true. and that adds an element of tragedy to it. she would have been the "safe" choice for Peter. in my backissue research, i couldn't help but notice that Betty looks a lot like Peter's birth mother; not to get freudian about it. Betty was also cerebral in a way that Gwen and MJ simply aren't. but i'm only mentioning her because of Ned's ominous warning and her past experience with the occult. i don't know that i've ever heard her refer to Peter as 'Pete' though. in the original run, it was always "Peter." if it weren't so ridiculous, i'd advocate for Kindred really being that skeevy child molester dude Skip Westcott.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-14-2019 at 06:18 AM.

What about bluebird? She may not have been in love with peter (well a little as she wanted to do everything peter did) but he did have a role in her death. She wanted to be a hero like peter but instead of helping her train he yelled and attacked her over putting herself in danger then forces her to stop being bluebird and she becomes a reporter like peter. She then gets killed trying to be a reporter in a car crash the next day! So by trying to keep her safe peter lead to her death! Maybe it's her plus she was in amazing fantasy 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if it weren't so ridiculous, i'd advocate for Kindred really being that skeevy child molester dude Skip Westcott.
    That would be hilarious.

-Pav, who can't think of a better reveal...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details