Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    What about bluebird? She may not have been in love with peter (well a little as she wanted to do everything peter did) but he did have a role in her death. She wanted to be a hero like peter but instead of helping her train he yelled and attacked her over putting herself in danger then forces her to stop being bluebird and she becomes a reporter like peter. She then gets killed trying to be a reporter in a car crash the next day! So by trying to keep her safe peter lead to her death! Maybe it's her plus she was in amazing fantasy 15.
    i thought of Sally during the backsissue reads. but that might be even too obscure. i'd think it was cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i thought of Sally during the backsissue reads. but that might be even too obscure. i'd think it was cool.
    I do not know if Kindred must go back to Ditko. But Sara or Alana from Jackpot might make an interesting Kindred? Alana from the dead or Sara wanting revenge.Pkus Jackpot and red hair are obvious ties to MJ. Plus both are obscure like Sally.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I do not know if Kindred must go back to Ditko. But Sara or Alana from Jackpot might make an interesting Kindred? Alana from the dead or Sara wanting revenge.Pkus Jackpot and red hair are obvious ties to MJ. Plus both are obscure like Sally.
    the clues point to it being someone who was operating prior to the clone saga. they have some longstanding relationship with Kingpin and Mysterio.

All right, on the plus side, Amazing Spider-Man #23 (#824) does a great job tying up loose ends and laying the groundwork for new stories. On the minus side, doesn't the ending make Kraven's second death feel a little pointless?

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 23: Kraven’s dead, long live…Kraven?!
    Last edited by stillanerd; 06-14-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Very solid issue. Spencer is doing a great job juggling a large cast of characters and setting up the future with all these characters. Especially the various Sinister Sixes that will be appearing both male and female. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    That would be hilarious.

-Pav, who can't think of a better reveal...
    Obviously, the centidemon is the kid who collects spider-man who's really upset with the direction canon has taken.

BANNED

How about the centipede being MJ's cousin Chrissy? What happened to her? Just popped into my head, didn't do the research..

Overall a great issue. Lots to be excited about moving forward. Only flaw for me is yet another clone in Spideyworld... so trite

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    All right, on the plus side, Amazing Spider-Man #23 (#824) does a great job tying up loose ends and laying the groundwork for new stories. On the minus side, doesn't the ending make Kraven's second death feel a little pointless?

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 23: Kraven’s dead, long live…Kraven?!
    Yes and no. Everyone even Slott, thought Kraven's story was done after LH and he should have stayed dead. Of course editorial couldn't allow, so he's been brought back and nothing of substance has been done with him. But Spencer corrected that by putting Kraven back in the ground, and this time giving us a Kraven that's completely indistinguishable from the previous so that's editorial won't be tempted to bring him back. Say what you will about Kraven's sons but you could distinguish them from their father, not so much with Kraven 2.0. So everyone's happy, the fans who wanted Kraven to stay gone and Marvel, since now they have another Kraven they can play around with. And I think this could definitely last, show that page with Kraven junior in the suit to anyone who doesn't read comics, but knows of Spider-Man, and they would say that's Kraven's off the bat, no hesitation.

I guess you can sort of say Kraven II is his father reborn, he carries his will and his objective and is him in every way that matters.
    Last edited by GSman; 06-14-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yes and no. Everyone even Slott, thought Kraven's story was done after LH and he should have stayed dead. Of course editorial couldn't allow, so he's been brought back and nothing of substance has been done with him. But Spencer corrected that by putting Kraven back in the ground, and this time giving us a Kraven that's completely indistinguishable from the previous so that's editorial won't be tempted to bring him back. Say what you will about Kraven's sons but you could distinguish them from their father, not so much with Kraven 2.0. So everyone's happy, the fans who wanted Kraven to stay gone and Marvel, since now they have another Kraven they can play around with. And I think this could definitely last, show that page with Kraven junior in the suit to anyone who doesn't read comics, but knows of Spider-Man, and they would say that's Kraven's off the bat, no hesitation.

I guess you can sort of say Kraven II is his father reborn, he carries his will and his objective and is him in every way that matters.
    I really wonder about Kraven 2. For me is just another version of an old enemy ( Lady Octopus amd female Electro as well). Spider-Man history had shown that the replacements such as Harry Osborn' s Goblin, for Norm's,
    and Donovan and Leeds for Kingsley as Hobgoblin are not close to the originals ( at least in the mind of many readers). Why the need ( or perceived need) to do this? I say almost desperation. Think about it, there has not been one NEW villain since 1992's Carnage that most people would consider a Top Tier baddie when it comes to Spider-Man ( Amazing and satellite books). Is it the new characters all suck? Fans rejecting them in favor of the classics? Both reasons are true? Or some other reason? It would be interesting to hear some opinions on this?
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-15-2019 at 05:35 AM.

I really wonder about Kraven 2. For me is just another version of an old enemy ( Lady Octopus amd female Electro as well). Spider-Man history had shown that the replacements such as Harry Osborn' s Goblin, for Norm's,
    and Donovan and Leeds for Kingsley as Hobgoblin are not close to the originals ( at least in the mind of many readers). Why the need ( or perceived need) to do this? I say almost desperation. Think about it, there has not been one NEW villain since 1992's Carnage that most people would consider a Top Tier baddie when it comes to Spider-Man ( Amazing and satellite books). Is it the new characters all suck? Fans rejecting them in favor of the classics? Both reasons are true? Or some other reason? It would be interesting to hear some opinions on this?
    I think you're overthinking it way too much. There have been plenty of new villains that have stuck and caught on: Mr. Negative being the biggest example, as well as Anti-Venom, Screwball, and now Kindred. No desperation involved at all.

Hunted was the first arc that I was just kind of “meh” on in Spencer’s run so far. I’m glad to see it conclude and very much look forward to what he has in store in the coming issues!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I think you're overthinking it way too much. There have been plenty of new villains that have stuck and caught on: Mr. Negative being the biggest example, as well as Anti-Venom, Screwball, and now Kindred. No desperation involved at all.
    Kindred does not even count, because we do not know who he or she is ( let alone if they having staying power), Mr. Negative is over a Decade old ( 2007) so not exactly new. Besides that where does he rank in the Rogues Gallery? Venom, Carnage. Ock, Green Goblin ( Norm), Hobgoblin ( Kingsley), Lizard, Mysterio, Vulture, Rhino, Sandman and Kingpin all rank ahead of him. You can make a case for Kraven, Chameleon, Scorpion and Electro as well.

Spider-Man's rogues gallery was defined in the the 80's after the 70's generally ignored all the classics and the books were worse for it. Since then, major villains have become a process where writers come up with like 1 or 2 big ones, max. Mister Negative, Morlun, and likely Kindred are high tier villains that have come after Carnage. And if that seems low, it's because people aren't trying that often.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Kindred does not even count, because we do not know who he or she is ( let alone if they having staying power), Mr. Negative is over a Decade old ( 2007) so not exactly new. Besides that where does he rank in the Rogues Gallery? Venom, Carnage. Ock, Green Goblin ( Norm), Hobgoblin ( Kingsley), Lizard, Mysterio, Vulture, Rhino, Sandman and Kingpin all rank ahead of him. You can make a case for Kraven, Chameleon, Scorpion and Electro as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spider-Man's rogues gallery was defined in the the 80's after the 70's generally ignored all the classics and the books were worse for it. Since then, major villains have become a process where writers come up with like 1 or 2 big ones, max. Mister Negative, Morlun, and likely Kindred are high tier villains that have come after Carnage. And if that seems low, it's because people aren't trying that often.
    I agree with Snoop. There are capable and credible enemies for Spider-Man. Kraven's case is unique because of when/why/who brought him back, to which a lot of people disagreed. Besides, Kraven II JUST took the role. We haven't seen him with his own story (he shared Hunted with his father).

A lot of people disagreed with Norman Osborn coming back but last I checked, he's still here and is not replaced by a clone son. I get what Spencer trying to do with Kraven here, he's trying to have his cake and eat it too. I don't see this being a permanent change. Whenever Kraven makes his appearance on the big screen, I'll bet dollars to donuts that Marvel will bring back the original Kraven and in all honesty I don't blame them. The problem with Kraven Jr is that he's just a cheap carbon copy of the original. I don't even see what motivation Kraven Jr has for even wanting to engage in a hunt for Spider-Man other than "that's what his father used to do", which is no different than what the other Kravinoff offspring used to do. My point is whatever they do with Kraven Jr, they could've easily done with Kraven Sr which makes the whole "Kraven is dead, long live....Kraven?", angle pointless.

I do look forward to the Savage Six and the Chameleon (which was a pleasant surprise).