Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

seriously, you should be worried if you are fans of Janet. keep in mind that Jocasta's story in the iron man book is that she desperately wants to just live like regular humans do. i'm picturing Jocasta aiding Ultron in order to get Janet's body. and, because there can't be a reward for that sort of thing, Jocasta dies and Janet gets trapped in Jocasta's body. that leaves one Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    seriously, you should be worried if you are fans of Janet. keep in mind that Jocasta's story in the iron man book is that she desperately wants to just live like regular humans do. i'm picturing Jocasta aiding Ultron in order to get Janet's body. and, because there can't be a reward for that sort of thing, Jocasta dies and Janet gets trapped in Jocasta's body. that leaves one Wasp.
    delete this

Jocasta is one of Slott's favorites.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I guess I should prepare for this to be disappointing now because I doubt this will amount to anything worth having Hank Pym be Ultron. Why should I be excited? Every writer since Rage of Ultron has squandered the potential of the character to just write Ultron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I feel the complete opposite, with maybe the exception of Infinity Countdown. Duggan handled the duality well and Spencer using him to call out the Avengers during Secret Empire while still maintaining the dangerous aspect of Ultron was smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Duggan didn't really have much of a duality though. For him it's just Ultron pretending to be Hank when it's convenient for him or to rub it in that Hanks' bascially dead.
    I may be thick, but the more I read, the more I came to the conclusion that Hank was never in control of the thing. Maybe every writer has just written Ultron because that's exactly what it is: Ultron pretending to be part-Pym. The horrified look on Hank's face when he got yanked from Pymtron in Infinity Countdown tells me that he was never onboard with anything Ultron could have done before. As I said in the Hank Pym forum, I have no idea which theory is true, so don't fight me over this

But to me, Duggan's take on it is the right one: it's Ultron pretending to be Hank. Whether it truly believes it or not, I couldn't say.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    delete this
    What fans want is to get Hank out, not to have Jan in. Considering the baby Wasp book failed twice, I'm not too worried about Jan. They are slowly inserting her back into games, toys and comic books lately. If something like that were to happen, it would be undone by the end of the book. Let's not get carried away in negativity.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Personally I feel like Hank has had enough superhero identities and doesn't need another new one.
    If Hank comes back then I prefer he either come back as Giant Man and Raz can get a new superhero identity or Hank just goes by his own name like he did in the West Coast Avengers era.
    He doesn't need a new one, he needs to have his own ID back. I have a soft spot for Giant-Man myself. I wouldn't mind a new design for his suit, but I always liked the one he got in Avengers Academy and that he kept until he died. To be really really honest, this Raz guy could disappear for all I care. As long as he gives the suit and the name back (especially since Hank never agreed for him to have them... okay he was dead, but still )

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

If this happened I'd be so annoyed. And that's putting it mildly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    "Unite or perish" could mean that Pymtron wants to merge Janet and Jocasta together the way Hank and Ultron were. Maybe Wonder Man and Vision are also targets.

(And incidentally like Viv and Viv 2.0)
    Yeah, that seems to be what's hinted by the cover. Could lead to some scary developments for Janet, if she ends up with an adamantium robot body...

Which I'd not be a fan of, and I kind of like Jocasta as a character, too.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if Hank Pym made it out of this mess somehow, but retains some new tricks, since the growing / shrinking / bug control powers have gotten spread around quite a bit, and his old body in an adamantium suit with blasters would sure change his theme...

https://www.newsarama.com/45583-mach...n-jocasta.html

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #16
    DAN SLOTT & JIM ZUB (W)
    VALERIO SCHITI (A)
    COVER BY ALEXANDER LOZANO
    “THE ULTRON AGENDA” STARTS HERE!
    Watch out, Iron Man! The Robot Uprising of the Marvel Universe has begun! But it’s NOT Ultron leading the charge... it’s Machine Man?! The A.I.’s are on the attack – and they might be in the right. Battle lines are being drawn, and it’s time for Tony Stark, Jocasta, Andy Bhang and the rest of the cast to pick sides.
    32 PGS./RATED T+ …$3.99

DAN SLOTT & JIM ZUB (W)
    VALERIO SCHITI (A)
    Watch out, Iron Man! The Robot Uprising of the Marvel Universe has begun! But it’s NOT Ultron leading the charge... it’s Machine Man?! The A.I.’s are on the attack – and they might be in the right. Battle lines are being drawn, and it’s time for Tony Stark, Jocasta, Andy Bhang and the rest of the cast to pick sides.
    32 PGS./RATED T+ …$3.99
    So it's not an event, but just an arc in an Iron Man book?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

iMan 42s

Alright so I'm going to take a stab in the dark here;

1. Ultron finds out about Janet and Tony and he goes to confront him about it which leads to a fight
    2. In the chaos Janet gets abducted
    3. Ultron wants Janet's mind to be placed into Jocasta (where Slott conveniently forgets this Ultron's human-robot conversion tech)
    4. The uprising is framed around rights but it's really Machine Man fighting back against Ultron
    5. Machine Man and Jocasta get together and Ultron is defeated.

The framing of what has rights is still poorly explained as it comes to sentient machines and is rendered moot when Ultron is considered Hank Pym and since Hank is legally still dead I die a little inside when they blow the poor guy apart.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Damn AI coming to take our jobs!

The next event starts in December.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

https://www.newsarama.com/45583-mach...n-jocasta.html

DAN SLOTT & JIM ZUB (W)
    VALERIO SCHITI (A)
    32 PGS./RATED T+ …$3.99
    To be honest. The more I here about this the more I can’t wait for it to start. Hopefully it will take place in more than Tony’s book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

If Ultron's not actually showing up, it's probably limited to just Iron Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Zub is co-writing, then it would make sense that the Champions get involved somehow. But it would be weird if the Sparky subplot got handled in another title.