Astonishing Member

Default Superior Spider-Man #7 spoilers.

spoilers:
    Superior Spider-Man helps the West Coast Avengers with the Frost Giants. This was a fun issue with some lol moments in SpOck's description of those Avengers and Gage references Ends of the Earth. Good nod that even though I didn't like that story. Gwenpool is well utilised. My favourite ongoing Spidey title.
    end of spoilers

As much as I like Doc Oct as a villain I am never let down by the Superior Spider-man stuff; it's just fun reading about a jerky, out of touch Spider-man who talks like a villain from a 50's gangster movie or something, the menace that JJ always warned us about.

Astonishing Member

Jeez this is the week of Spidey. Not only we got Amazing, We also got Friendly, Superior, Life Story and Venom. wow, what a week.

Would happily read an ongoing series of Otto and Clint being two bickering dads and raising their wild children. Gwen is truly too good for this Earth. Or maybe it's Gage using meta-commentary to complain about the MIA Avengers Academy characters. Either way, great issue! Like a tasty burger. Otto's approach to the situation is very big brain and courageous while being coldly pragmatic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I was initially a little bummed that this book would get pulled into an event.

As it turns out, I needn't have worried. This issue was a total delight.

This issue was bloody fantastic and I couldn't stop smiling the whole way through, especially with the references to Ends of the Earth. All the WCA characters interactions with Octavius were fantastic. As fun and classic a villain as Ock is, he's really coming into his own as a protagonist in his own right.

I also liked that all the heroes are aware of exactly who's wearing that Spider-suit.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-12-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Another enjoyable issue, but for whatever reason, it doesn't have that...je ne sais quoi that the first run had. Still, watching Otto be a total dick of a hero is still fun.

Liked Gwenpool here, too. Totally called Kid Omega digging Otto, but I can't help but think that's just enough example of nobody truly understanding Morrison's vision for who Quentin Quite really was supposed to be.

-Pav, who still wants the Shroud to show up...
    Last edited by Pav; 06-12-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

This is one of my favorite SSM moments:

Attachment 83374

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Another enjoyable issue, but for whatever reason, it doesn't have that...je need sais quoi that the first run had. Still, watching Otto be a total dick of a hero is still fun.

Liked Gwenpool here, too. Totally called Kid Omega digging Otto, but I can't help but think that's just enough example of nobody truly understanding Morrison's vision for who Quentin Quite really was supposed to be.

-Pav, who still wants the Shroud to show up...
    I want the Shroud to show up too! Knowing Gage, it'll happen eventually.

As for missing 'something special', I think it's the uncertainty of where Otto's journey is going. Every time Otto took a step forward in Slott's run, he'd turn around and, say, murder Peter Parker again. He also hasn't done anything quite so earth-shaking as, say, raze the Shadowland just yet.

Right now, we have Otto /reacting/ to threats in a traditionally superheroic way rather than proactively making waves. Part of that might be him learning his lessons from the events of Goblin Nation, but I hope we get to see the more proactive, aggressive side of him soon, even if he's being tempered by Marconi's oversight.

edit: The only thing that's /really/ bothered me about this run so far is that each time Otto's made a mistep (getting himself outted to Marconi and then outting himself to his new potential girlfriend) he is promptly rescued by circumstances and bad guy attacks. I'm hoping that's not a trend that continues.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-12-2019 at 09:23 PM.

I didn't like this issue. but I tend to dislike big event tie-ins. I expect that the next one will be back to business.

Next issue is still WOTR and WCA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes, but that's only one more issue is it not? Then, we get into the more interesting stuff with Spider Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    guh. the frost giants are becoming the new Wrecking Crew. totally overexposed.

Mighty Member

If a series is going to get pulled in to a large event, this is the best way to do it. The main character(s) a dealing with the event form the edges. We do not need to see or deal with the complicated lore of Asgardia and blah blah blah. There is a larger battle, and our hero(?) has to deal with some of the spill-over.

That being said, I will not be too upset when "War of the Realms" is over.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I want the Shroud to show up too! Knowing Gage, it'll happen eventually.

As for missing 'something special', I think it's the uncertainty of where Otto's journey is going. Every time Otto took a step forward in Slott's run, he'd turn around and, say, murder Peter Parker again. He also hasn't done anything quite so earth-shaking as, say, raze the Shadowland just yet.

Right now, we have Otto /reacting/ to threats in a traditionally superheroic way rather than proactively making waves. Part of that might be him learning his lessons from the events of Goblin Nation, but I hope we get to see the more proactive, aggressive side of him soon, even if he's being tempered by Marconi's oversight.

edit: The only thing that's /really/ bothered me about this run so far is that each time Otto's made a mistep (getting himself outted to Marconi and then outting himself to his new potential girlfriend) he is promptly rescued by circumstances and bad guy attacks. I'm hoping that's not a trend that continues.
    Considering the B.S. contrivances that kept everyone in the original run incapable of telling the difference between the actual Peter/Spider-Man and Otto Octavius body-jacking and impersonating Peter/Spider-Man, this would just be par for the course. That said, Shroud showing up would be interesting, especially if it resulted in another appearance from Julia Carpenter, who actually went into a coma triggered by foreseeing the rise of the Superior Spider-Man in ASM 695-697.
    The spider is always on the hunt.