Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Which JSA is this?

Sorry to sound dim, but am I right in thinking this is essentially the post-Crisis JSA? The team that was on the same earth as the JLA, only decades earlier?

I’m a bit disappointed if so as it means no Power Girl or Huntress. And I did personally really love the James Robinson series.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mulett View Post
    Sorry to sound dim, but am I right in thinking this is essentially the post-Crisis JSA? The team that was on the same earth as the JLA, only decades earlier?

I’m a bit disappointed if so as it means no Power Girl or Huntress. And I did personally really love the James Robinson series.
    I asked Snyder about PG a couple times on Twitter but he never responded. From what I've read of his involvement with the JSA through interviews, he's really dialed in on the original members from the '40s. If Kara gets to join, I'm afraid it won't be for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I asked Snyder about PG a couple times on Twitter but he never responded. From what I've read of his involvement with the JSA through interviews, he's really dialed in on the original members from the '40s. If Kara gets to join, I'm afraid it won't be for a bit.
    To be fair I’ve asked Snyder quite a bit about Vic Sage joining the League and he never replied, then right after the 6th Dimension arc he revealed the Question was part of the League, He could surprise us
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I think it'a clear DC's withholding most details regarding any JSA return until stories actually are published. Why the team was hidden and whisch Earth they're dwelling on, and who's part of the team are all announced with the publication of the book.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Thanks. I'm also a big fan of Power Girl and the Huntress and I'm hoping to see them as part of the modern-day JSA!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Thanks. I'm also a big fan of Power Girl and the Huntress and I'm hoping to see them as part of the modern-day JSA!
    Unfortunately, if DC plans to have their previous history be more post-CoIE-like with the JSA "always" having been on the same Earth as the Justice League, restoring Power Girl and especially the Helena Wayne version of Huntress may be problematic. (Even if they import the former Supergirl and Robin from New 52's Earth 2, it wouldn't quite be the same.)
    Just have to see how their place in the universe / Multiverse shake out when all the mucking around by DC is done (for the moment).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, if DC plans to have their previous history be more post-CoIE-like with the JSA "always" having been on the same Earth as the Justice League, restoring Power Girl and especially the Helena Wayne version of Huntress may be problematic. (Even if they import the former Supergirl and Robin from New 52's Earth 2, it wouldn't quite be the same.)
    Just have to see how their place in the universe / Multiverse shake out when all the mucking around by DC is done (for the moment).

I get what you're saying but I think the Power Girl/Huntress(Helena Wayne) dynamic is too good to leave sitting in limbo. DC needs to find a way to make this work for the long-haul. I'd be totally fine with the modern JSA being from their own Pre-Crisis like Earth 2 so they can have their own Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Power Girl, Huntress, etc. The current Freedom Fighters hail from Earth X so there's no reason the current JSA can't come from their own earth too(no pun intended).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I get what you're saying but I think the Power Girl/Huntress(Helena Wayne) dynamic is too good to leave sitting in limbo. DC needs to find a way to make this work for the long-haul. I'd be totally fine with the modern JSA being from their own Pre-Crisis like Earth 2 so they can have their own Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Power Girl, Huntress, etc. The current Freedom Fighters hail from Earth X so there's no reason the current JSA can't come from their own earth too(no pun intended).
    Hopefully DC's realized the mess the post-COIE Power Girl mess was and are working on something reasonable if PG (and Huntress) are a part of any JSA. The nu52 Earth 2 series put its last issue out nearly two and ahalf years ago so DC's had some time to think about it.

I'd prefer the JSA back on their own Earth-2/Earth-Two, but what I want and what DC gives us may be two entirely different things.

I really have little hope DC is going to restore the old status quo of the JSA having been on a separate Earth.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd prefer the JSA back on their own Earth-2/Earth-Two, but what I want and what DC gives us may be two entirely different things.

I really have little hope DC is going to restore the old status quo of the JSA having been on a separate Earth.
    For me, the ideal solution would be to split the different using Johns's recent Metaverse idea that had the JSA appear first on the main DCU Earth, before being shunted off to Earth-2 when Superman's arrival was pushed up the sliding timeline.

I'd stick with the idea that Earth-2 was its own animal until the original Crisis, which was then merged back into New Earth, and exiled again for a time between Flashpoint and the present day. This way, the characters get to enjoy both the interconnectivity of existing on the same Earth while also being allowed their own Earth that lets them have their own Superman, Batman & Robin, and Wonder Woman, so that Power Girl & Huntress can still exist.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I prefer them be on the same Earth. I like the dynamic of Karen being from Earth-2 but Helena not and them developing a friendship anyway. I don't see why their joining is problematic, or at least PG. She could just ask to be on the team because on her Earth they were family and she hopes they could be too.

If Jay Garrick doesn't move heaven and Earth to ensure she's on the team after that, well then he's not Jay.

I don't think DC has any plans for Power Girl or knows what to do with her, which is probably why she's been in limbo for so long.

I prefer them be on the same Earth. I like the dynamic of Karen being from Earth-2 but Helena not and them developing a friendship anyway. I don't see why their joining is problematic, or at least PG. She could just ask to be on the team because on her Earth they were family and she hopes they could be too.

If Jay Garrick doesn't move heaven and Earth to ensure she's on the team after that, well then he's not Jay.
    Uh, if Helena WAYNE isn't from Earth-2, how does present-day main universe Bruce Wayne have an ADULT DAUGHTER?

The more I've contemplated it, the more I'd prefer an Earth 2 solution. Unless some crazy continuity gymnastics are involved with Doomsday Clock, I just don't see how we get Infinity Inc., in its most successful form, back on Prime Earth.

Power Girl and Huntress were a great play off the World's Finest and I think a lot more could be done with crossovers with the Titans and Infinity Inc. I'm a fan of the slightly different aspects of those teams and how their juxtaposed to one another in reference to their relationships to the Justice League and Justice Society members, respectively.

And, I want to see all the Young All-Stars and All-Star Squadron return too.

I'm not opposed to some characters swapping and living on other Earths for a big too.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The more I've contemplated it, the more I'd prefer an Earth 2 solution. Unless some crazy continuity gymnastics are involved with Doomsday Clock, I just don't see how we get Infinity Inc., in its most successful form, back on Prime Earth.

Power Girl and Huntress were a great play off the World's Finest and I think a lot more could be done with crossovers with the Titans and Infinity Inc. I'm a fan of the slightly different aspects of those teams and how their juxtaposed to one another in reference to their relationships to the Justice League and Justice Society members, respectively.

And, I want to see all the Young All-Stars and All-Star Squadron return too.

I'm not opposed to some characters swapping and living on other Earths for a big too.
    I agree. The second generation aspect of PG and Huntress allows them to take the place of the World's Finest pair and still maintain their individuality and different personalities. That was part of the nu52 Earth 2 series, but for the original Earth-Two JSA, we also had that in Infinity, Inc. That was lost after COIE and was touched upon (beautifully) in James Robinson's Starman series.

I've posted my desires for a separate earth for the Golden Age characters and a multi-generational aspect to them on that Earth. As of this point, I'm not sure how DC's going to restore the JSA to their multiverse. There are multiple series and writers with various pieces of the story. But there is no simple series that we can read to get what's happening. It's frustrating to say the least.