Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    So this basically now confirms what we all thought in the last while. Doomsday Clock, while a fun little diversion, adds absolutely nothing despite everyone spinning their wheels waiting for it.
    But whether Geoff Johns + Gary Frank are to blame or others (like DiDio?) at DC who may have been part of any scheduling delays, who knows?

Mighty Member

I dropped JL a while ago because I wasn't really enjoying it so I'm torn on this I hope Snyder does them justice. I guess he did alright by Hawkman with Metal so there's that. Just please don't give all of them some background connection to Batman.

So who is the artist DC? You know the person who carrys 70% of the book!

Snyder is great with history in his creator owned comics, this will be fantastic.

I think Snyder will do a good job with the JSA but after reading the interview with him I get the feeling like he thinks Doomsday Clock is nothing. Even Bendis said in his interview dealing with Ma and Pa Kent that he could not answer without spoiling Doomsday Clock. I like Snyder but he is starting to get an ego because of Metal and now with Justice League he is leading DC's events with Year of the Villain and whatever crossover is planned for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I think Snyder will do a good job with the JSA but after reading the interview with him I get the feeling like he thinks Doomsday Clock is nothing. Even Bendis said in his interview dealing with Ma and Pa Kent that he could not answer without spoiling Doomsday Clock. I like Snyder but he is starting to get an ego because of Metal and now with Justice League he is leading DC's events with Year of the Villain and whatever crossover is planned for next year.
    Considering this book has seemingly been holding these characters hostage, it just needs to flipping wrap up so we can all move forward. Maybe the last two issues will be done by September.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I can't say I was expecting Snyder to spearhead the return of the JSA. I mean, I know they needed an A-list writer to bring them back, but I wasn't expecting it to be Snyder .

But hey! It's happening .

Guess I'll start reading Justice League.

At least the team looks good.
    Atom and Sandman are in the costumes I liked.
    Wildcat and Starman are included.
    And I really like how Flash, Green Lantern and Dr. Fate look like they're wearing clothes and not spandex.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Spectacular Member

With Synder teasing more plans and stuff he wants to do with the JSA Im guessing he's ether done with Justice League after Doom War (which would be a few issues less than the 50 he initially said he had planned) or since books are all going monthly next year he'll be doing both JL and JSA since he'd have the time then.

I wonder if the citizens of the DCU will suddenly remember they existed at the end of Doomsday Clock, or if the original JSA will be transported to the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if the citizens of the DCU will suddenly remember they existed at the end of Doomsday Clock, or if the original JSA will be transported to the modern world.
    It would be kind of ironic if the populace remembers the JSA again by the end of Doomsday Clock while Wally is still relatively forgotten by the hero populace and world at large (beyond HiC, unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Considering that (as much as I like Doomsday clock) its release schedule has been so monumentally bad that in any other buisness Johns wouldn't be working at DC anymore ? That its holding characters back for years ? Yeah I'd be irritated with it as well.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! Let the cycle to get back fans begins again... How long until DC (not Scott) screws over fans of the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! Let the cycle to get back fans begins again... How long until DC (not Scott) screws over fans of the original?
    I'm also sure Teflon Dan will take the credit from this success!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    YES! Finally my favorite superhero team is returning!! Now, I just hope the current DC leadership doesn’t screw this up.
    You mean again

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    So this basically now confirms what we all thought in the last while. Doomsday Clock, while a fun little diversion, adds absolutely nothing despite everyone spinning their wheels waiting for it.
    I mean did Johns confirm whether he was bringing back the JSA or Legion? I'm starting to think he hinted at them just to restore their continuity which might happen in the last issues of DC. I do wonder though if DC is going to have major outcomes now that Bendis and Snyder are moving on ahead. DC could very well start a new relaunch.