Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Now people can stop panicking. JSA was always going to make a comeback. But fans don’t know patience
    Patience is nice to have but American comics are slow as hell.

Now people can stop panicking. JSA was always going to make a comeback. But fans don’t know patience
    Considering it’s been almost ten years since they have appeared together in a book, I think we’ve been patient enough. And no, I’m not counting that abomination that occurred during the new 52.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Considering it’s been almost ten years since they have appeared together in a book, I think we’ve been patient enough. And no, I’m not counting that abomination that occurred during the new 52.
    Convergence kinda had em
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

The solicit mentions in the past, so Doomsday Clock still could be the story that brings them back good and proper.

Yes, finally my fav DC team are coming back!
    Fantastic new!

My concern is that Snyder could be the writer of the book. I don’t want that. His JL is basically an event book.
    I definitely do not want that on a JSA book as well smh.

YES! Finally my favorite superhero team is returning!! Now, I just hope the current DC leadership doesn’t screw this up.
    Well said man!
    Fingers crossed!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    The solicit mentions in the past, so Doomsday Clock still could be the story that brings them back good and proper.
    nope, there was a interview and Snyder said their proper introduction is in Justice League.

Though he also teased he's excited to be writing their first missions and origins, so I think the ongoing will be set in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    DC is finally doing something right? Did I pass through a dimensional portal and didn't notice?
    Don't relax your guard too much yet. "Right" may be a matter of opinion once all is said and done.
    (Just ask OG Wally West.)

Forgive me, but considering how the JSA was treated just prior to Flashpoint (nearly ten years ago now), then considering how DC was initially making it sound like we were getting back the JSA in the New52 but instead got the mess that was Earth 2; then the scattered hints / brief peaks we've gotten over the past three years since DC Universe: Rebirth that hadn't yet lead to anything even semi-solid, how many years more of "patience" were we suppose to have?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Convergence kinda had em
    Convergence was a two-issue remembrance of what we once had, but unlike Convergence: Superman, nothing followed it into the regular DC continuity.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 06-12-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So I'm guessing Doomsday Clock won't focus on them anymore which isn't surprising anymore since we have two issues left and it seems to be closing in on Superman and Manhattan only.

For the JSA to become an A-list team again Snyder may be the only writer to make it happen.
    I’m guessing that once Doomsday Clock #10 revealed how the JSA was erased DC is now officially able to reveal that they have plans for them.

It’s just a little confusing because even though Alan never became Green Lantern and the JSA never happened, Jay apparently still became The Flash. We saw him trapped in the Speed Force in The Button. Wonder why the public forgot about him.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-12-2019 at 05:37 PM.

You're totally right, it's all those darn fans fault in the first place!

If all someone bought was JSA then DC took them away only to tease their return for years; do you think that those kinds of fans would just sit and wait for DC to give them back their favorite characters? Imagine if DC pulled this with the JL.

Comics take a lot of time and investment, these years we didn't have the JSA (or any other character that was just forced out for "business" reasons) could've been great years for them. Some writers at DC might have had pitches or ideas that were shot down simply because the heads "didn't think it was the right time for their return." Long waits like these are pointless, I understand not using a character if their are no ideas but come on, this is the JSA.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    You're totally right, it's all those darn fans fault in the first place!

If all someone bought was JSA then DC took them away only to tease their return for years; do you think that those kinds of fans would just sit and wait for DC to give them back their favorite characters? Imagine if DC pulled this with the JL.

Comics take a lot of time and investment, these years we didn't have the JSA (or any other character that was just forced out for "business" reasons) could've been great years for them. Some writers at DC might have had pitches or ideas that were shot down simply because the heads "didn't think it was the right time for their return." Long waits like these are pointless, I understand not using a character if their are no ideas but come on, this is the JSA.
    BOOM! Thank you Bryd! Well said.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BOOM! Thank you Bryd! Well said.
    Thanks Jekyll, I try.

P.S. So close on the name spelling lol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I knew Synder would be the one to do it!

His JL run has been really fun. The best kind of nonsense.

Ultimate Member

And this company does know RESPECT.

How many characters have been tossed into limbo because SOMEONE in CHARGE did not care for them?

How do you think fans of all those guys killed in Heroes in Crisis feel? Some of those guys held books.

How much money has this company THROWN away because they did not want guys like JSA around?

They held an 80 issue run for a REASON.

They sold well enough to have spinoff books for a REASON.

You don't get the Terrific book without JSA showcasing Michael Holt as one of the FEW well done black characters at DC.

So yes JSA fans have every right to lose patience. Because all they have seen is DC bury folks who are deemed threats to Batman and friends. And then WONDER why a Hulk book is kicking Batman's behind.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    nope, there was a interview and Snyder said their proper introduction is in Justice League.

Though he also teased he's excited to be writing their first missions and origins, so I think the ongoing will be set in the past.
    So this basically now confirms what we all thought in the last while. Doomsday Clock, while a fun little diversion, adds absolutely nothing despite everyone spinning their wheels waiting for it.