Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Let's just start a new JSA series from their origin, seeing them develop and meet, etc. during WWII with no Trinity and not even answer what earth they're from until 12 issues into it. I can see a good series either way, as long as it's from the POV of the JSA. Maybe if they're on another earth we see that discovery from the Jay's POV rather than Barry's... I don't know. I just hope they don't muck it up...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    . . . I just hope they don't muck it up...
    But, it's DC.

Chances are they'll find a way to "muck it up".

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Snyder's twitter (I guess it's the last page of JL #30):

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...29592354918400

I'm probablyeading way too much into this, but the Flash "of Keystone City" seems to prefitting Jay into the Barry/Wally setting.

I do like Al Pratt being the first to say "The" when he says "THE Atom".

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm thrilled to see the JSA return but I have to wonder where the ladies are? Wonder Woman(or whoever is taking her place in this continuity), Black Canary, or Hawkgirl come to mind.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm thrilled to see the JSA return but I have to wonder where the ladies are? Wonder Woman(or whoever is taking her place in this continuity), Black Canary, or Hawkgirl come to mind.
    Wonder Woman and Black Canary have their present day counterparts complicating the continuity puzzle with the JSA. IMHO, Dc wouldn't do any promo, etc. that would give that kind of detail about how they're returning the JSA to continuity. And Hawkgirl was never a big JSA participant in the original tales so her absence isn't a surprise.

But I would like to see the JSA being recognized for the progressive use of two women members in the fourties. That was something the Silver Age took their time doing.

So is this a different Hawkman and Dr. Fate than the ones currently in the DCU?!? I understand that Hawkman reincarnates “through time and space” but Kent Nelson was just in Justice League Dark.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I do miss The Spectre from the roster, I understand that he doesn't fit there anymore aside from the historical context. Doctor Mid-Nite missing kills me though

And I still miss some of the new kids like Power Girl, Stargirl and Michael Holt. I hope that they return along with Doc Mid-Nite when they get their own book.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So is this a different Hawkman and Dr. Fate than the ones currently in the DCU?!? I understand that Hawkman reincarnates “through time and space” but Kent Nelson was just in Justice League Dark.
    Couldn't it be a JSA from Earth 2 like during pre-crisis? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I haven't read JL Dark, but I have heard that the Kent Nelson Fate from Paul Levitz's Dr. Fate series. My initial take is the this JSA Fate is compatible with Levitz's version. What are the main differences between the JL Dark and the Levitz version?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Couldn't it be a JSA from Earth 2 like during pre-crisis? ��
    I'll be honest, I prefer them on the primary Earth. Relegating them to "also over there" does lessen my interest, if only because it allows for altering/killing big characters because, well, they don't really count. You could blow Earth-2 Dick Grayson's head off for shock value and it not matter. I don't know, I don't trust editorial with two Earths and New 52 kind of proves that.

I would also miss regular interaction with main Earth heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Jesus. DC is just such a mess right now. Even the return of the JSA is already problematic. Like, what happened with the Jay we saw during The Button? There needs to be a regime change. Just give Geoff the reigns.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-27-2019 at 09:47 AM.

YES! Can't wait! This looks like a good start.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It's a question as to who (if anyone) may be serving in place of Wonder Woman and Black Canary in any new post-Rebirth version of the JSA, and Black Canary's involvement would also depend on when in the 1940s this (supposedly) takes place.
    As for Hawkgirl, she was never a member of the JSA back in the Golden Age. (I believe it wasn't until the post-CoIE period when she eventually was considered a member.)

Jorge Jiminez drawing the JSA...is all I live for .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    While I do miss The Spectre from the roster, I understand that he doesn't fit there anymore aside from the historical context. Doctor Mid-Nite missing kills me though

And I still miss some of the new kids like Power Girl, Stargirl and Michael Holt. I hope that they return along with Doc Mid-Nite when they get their own book.
    I'm kind of shocked Mid-Nite and Terry Sloane aren't in there.

I mean, maybe DC doesn't want to connect Mr. Terrific to the JSA again, but Mid-Nite is kinda weird to leave out.

Spectre I'm kind of surprised about since he was in Doomsday Clock too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Jesus. DC is just such a mess right now. Even the return of the JSA is already problematic. Like, what happened with the Jay we saw during The Button? There needs to be a regime change. Just give Geoff the reigns.
    What's problematic about it?