Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Love or hate him, Geoff gave one of the best runs of JSA we've ever had and it's among his best as well. If for nothing else, I'm glad he's still around and trying to keep them in books.

Fantastic Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Love or hate him, Geoff gave one of the best runs of JSA we've ever had and it's among his best as well. If for nothing else, I'm glad he's still around and trying to keep them in books.
    Boy, just as soon as I have my miniature meltdown about not having any new JSA comic book material, Geoff Johns makes this announcement ...I gotta say, I'm a little less anxious about this now because Johns obviously loves the JSA as much as any of us fanboys and I'll stick around to see what new magic he can weave with my favorite characters. Go, Geoff!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ok so apparently Geoff Johns is just flat out bringing them back as they were in Doomsday Clock in issue 14 of Shazam during his whole Superboy Prime story.

https://www.newsarama.com/48752-geof...shazam-10.html
    I trust Johns with the JSA, but I'm not sure what's really going on with the property now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I trust Johns with the JSA, but I'm not sure what's really going on with the property now.
    I see it as the same problem green arrow, Birds of Prey, and Batwoman has right now, they exist in the universe and make appearances and help when needed but do not have their own series even though their fans want a series.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-24-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I think the problem here is that, as readers, we tend to limit how the characters are used based upon when we, as readers, fell in love with them. Worst, we don't want to take a chance to expand their mythos, out of fear of them becoming something else.

Wonder Woman is perhaps the easiest character to be a member of the JSA. She is an immortal goddess. She came to Man's World in WWI, returned for WW2 to inspire the formation of a team of costume adventurers, since the threat was beyond even her. HUAC forced Diana underground, until a new age of heroes happened.

Superman? Same thing, except that he'd start out during the World's Fair as "the Man of Tomorrow". As Clark Kent, he'd be a reporter at the Daily Star, with editor-in-chief George Taylor. Having a Lois Lane or a Jimmy Olsen at this time is optional, but that doesn't mean a Lana Lane or a Lori Lemaris can't be used as Clark's love interest at that time. But the point is that, during this era, there is an opportunity to develop new characters for Clark to interact, while he is a member of the JSA. But, if not, just have SHazam be the stand-in for Clark.

Batman could either have been around for years, or it could have been his dad. However, I would use the storyline where Bruce ends up at different points in time, thanks to Darkseid, so that there has always been a "Batman", in some fashion. And Bruce would be smart enough not to trip over his own timeline in order to pull it off.

At any rate, this is fun to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing they're out there and available for creators to use, but DC might also be holding off and waiting on 5G before they launch a title. If 5G happens this year, in the way rumors claim, it'll upend all the books on the stands. So we'd what, get (at most) a trade's worth of JSA before a big huge change to the status quo and continuity? Better perhaps to wait a little longer and launch the JSA along with 5G. It'll be smoother that way, and if we're honest the title is a mid-level seller; launching along with the big 5G thing might benefit it. At least in theory.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ok so apparently Geoff Johns is just flat out bringing them back as they were in Doomsday Clock in issue 14 of Shazam during his whole Superboy Prime story.

https://www.newsarama.com/48752-geof...shazam-10.html
    About damn time! So excited to have my favorite team back.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

I wonder if Star Girl is going to confront Billy, and then Billy regains his memories of their previous relationship.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Carter came back in this JSA, yes? Can someone explain to me the Carters, Katars, Kendras, Shiera, Shayera's since New 52? Advanced good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    About damn time! So excited to have my favorite team back.
    They're back only in time for a Rematch with Prime
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Carter came back in this JSA, yes? Can someone explain to me the Carters, Katars, Kendras, Shiera, Shayera's since New 52? Advanced good luck.
    Carter didn’t come back with the JSA, in fact he came back before them. He was on team and in that big splash in Doomsday Clock but he’s been back before them thanks to Dark Nights Metal and has had his own ongoing for a while now.

As for his weird origins the current ongoing has explained it as such that he’s not just reborn through time but also space, so that way he has all the history that’s been established by all his various iterations because of that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    They're back only in time for a Rematch with Prime
    These days, I’ll take what I can get!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!